Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Time for Work

Started by allisonsteph, November 17, 2014, 06:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allisonsteph

Today for the first time in fourteen months - 423 days to be exact, I am going to work. For the first time in my life I can go to work as the real me, I don't need to pretend to be something or someone I'm not.

Considering where I was six months ago today -restrained in a bed in the emergency department at Kaiser Hospital in Roseville California, with near lethal levels of Norco and Xanax in my system and ligature marks around my neck, it is amazing that I am even here at all. The last nine months have been absolute hell... battling addiction, withdrawal, homelessness, and mental illness.

I'm looking forward to finally having some stability and normalcy in my life. The fact that this day comes on my 46th birthday is true serendipity.
In Ardua Tendit (She attempts difficult things)
  •  

ssneha23

Quote from: allisonsteph on November 17, 2014, 06:14:05 AM
Today for the first time in fourteen months - 423 days to be exact, I am going to work. For the first time in my life I can go to work as the real me, I don't need to pretend to be something or someone I'm not.

Considering where I was six months ago today -restrained in a bed in the emergency department at Kaiser Hospital in Roseville California, with near lethal levels of Norco and Xanax in my system and ligature marks around my neck, it is amazing that I am even here at all. The last nine months have been absolute hell... battling addiction, withdrawal, homelessness, and mental illness.

I'm looking forward to finally having some stability and normalcy in my life. The fact that this day comes on my 46th birthday is true serendipity.

Many many happy returns for your birthday... congratulations on finally making it back. Hugs girl.. all the best for your new job
  •