Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Help - need best remedies for throat cold!

Started by Violet Bloom, November 17, 2014, 11:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Violet Bloom

You know those colds where what little voice you can muster is in the bass range?  Well I got it bad!  It hurts plenty too.  So far I've found no relief and it's worse now on day three.  It feels like as if I'd been shouting too much.  Does anyone know of any really effective methods of soothing this condition and getting back to normal quickly?  (I don't have any congestion, thankfully.)

Please help!

~Violet

•  

Jess42

Honey helps. It's not a magical cure but will help coat your throat and provide a little relief. One tablespoon does wonders.

Also a hot toddy, forget the whiskey or bourbon and use something clear like Vodka with honey and lemons. Not lemon juice but sliced lemons. Boil it and drink it. You can even put a tea bag in there to cut the alcohol. The alcohol will help the pain in yout throat, the honey will coat your throat and the lemon, I really don't but I asume it has something to do with vitamin C though?

By the way if you do go with Whisky, use Jameson. It is a blended Irish Whiskey and aged in beech barrels instead of Oak. Whiskeys that are aged in Oak seem to hurt me more than they help.
  •  

vihar_kitsune

I basically lost my voice a little while ago and it was hell!

Try not to talk and get plenty of rest, also drink loads of hot fluids with honey in them, preferably herbal teas, like green tea which is packed with vitamin c and antioxidants to help fight off your cold.  :)
Best of luck  ;)

~~~~~~~
  •  

Laura_7

You might put warm water in a heat resistant bowl... and inhale with a towel above your head...

a drink with warm water, fresh pressed lemon juice and honey might help...
  •