Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Who in your life do you feel most connected to?

Started by suzifrommd, November 17, 2014, 07:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When you hear a new song, a new joke, or something interesting happens to you, whom do want to tell? If there's someplace you want to go, who's the first person you ask along?

Spouse / significant other
Best friend
Housemate
Family member
Colleague at work
Other (tell us)
I wish I had someone like that
I don't really need some one like that

suzifrommd

Who in your life do you feel most connected to? When you hear a new song, a new joke, or something interesting happens to you, whom do want to tell? If there's someplace you want to go, who's the first person you ask along?
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Jaime R D

Since my doggy died, no one. But I'm used to it.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Jaime R D on November 17, 2014, 07:54:09 PM

Big hug! I'm down to one dog now, he's the only one that gets the news of my life. I voted for the last option.
  •  

Jill F

Quote from: Jaime R D on November 17, 2014, 07:54:09 PM

Big hugs to you.  I miss all my furry beastie friends so much.
  •  

peky

•  

Releca

Sorry to hear about your loss of pets. I've lost 2 cats and a dog within the last year. So many fur babies. :(

I have a few friends here but don't have much ability to go out keeping me locked away most of the time it seems.
I am a caterpillar creeping along a leaf.
  •  

Edge

I oscillate between I don't need anyone like that, I wish I had someone like that, and hope that one day my SO would be that person.
  •  

King Malachite

That would be my best friend.  I love my best friend so much as she is so awesome.  I'm hoping one day I can have an S/O to talk to like I talk to her.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

LordKAT

Myself, I very much prefer to be without people.
  •  

Destiny Marie

My daughters are the only people that I really share my life with as my wife is still struggling with my situation and does not want to know, untill it effects her.
"When you step out into the unknown, you will either be given a solid rock to stand on, or you will be taught to fly"  :angel:
  •  

FTMax

My best friend or my dog. Both are technically housemates as well? :)
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

Pikachu

Whenever something new happens, I get so excited to tell a certain very special girl the next time we talk. :)
  •  

Ms Grace

I had a friend like that but we had a massive "never talking to you again" falling out over something incredibly juvenile. We were both to blame and she moved off to another city and deliberately broke off all contact. I was (and am still) so angry about I never bothered to reconcile. Stupid I know. I had a big hole in my life after that, she was the person I'd catch up with every week, see movies with, chat on the phone, gossip, debrief, have drinks and dinner, etc. People were  convinced we were a couple but it was never like that. I'm over that loss but it would be nice to have someone like that again.  :-\
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Jenna Marie

My wife *is* my best friend, so technically both of those, I guess. :)
  •  

Tessa James

At one point in my life that person would have been my younger brother and because of our closely shared lives he still "gets me" but is thousands of miles away and distance presents obstacles to updated connections for us.  I am fortunate to have a large circle of friends and those most connected ones are people who have shared time and space together in fun times and in adversity.  For many of us the connections work well enough to pick up where we left off, days, months, or even years ago.  The most meaningful connections need to be nurtured and mutually supported for growth and for going the distance IMO.  That most connected person in my life is my partner, spouse, friend and companion going on 41 years together, my wife.  Thanks for the thread and opportunity to reflect and make that tribute.
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

peky

Quote from: suzifrommd on November 17, 2014, 07:48:30 PM
Who in your life do you feel most connected to? When you hear a new song, a new joke, or something interesting happens to you, whom do want to tell? If there's someplace you want to go, who's the first person you ask along?

my youngest daughter
  •  

KittyKat

Right now I'm kind of lacking that person. Either I'll meet someone special in the future or I can share that with my son when he's a little older.
  •