Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Are my symptoms out of the norm? Do you think?

Started by Blondie14, November 29, 2014, 07:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondie14

I haven't finished puberty but much what I've experienced seems more feminine than masculine.

First, I have for one really noticed my genitals really are pretty small and tight and hairless. My penis is like about 1.75 inches stretched. I have some hair on my legs but that's about it.

I have a feminine body structure. My hips are wide. With a small waistline and narrow shoulders. But no breasts growth or anything. My legs even go out to the side. I'll give an example. I'm not fat either I'm very skinny and 5'9" so I'm growing taller and not putting on much weight in either muscle or fat.

Something like this without boobs

http://www.iateyourbaby.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/miranda-ker-vs-bikini-02.jpg

My voice was higher initially but my voice in comparison to most guys my age is pretty high. It doesn't really crack I don't think. I originally was comfortable talking more in my head now I'm more comfortable talking in my chest. But my voice is pretty neutral currently.

My skin is still pretty soft. And also I was looking into my finger ratio indicates I was exposed to more estrogen.

Most of my family are early bloomers also.

Would this indicate I have an intersex condition?
  •  

Blondie14

I was really asking because I read about klinefelter's syndrome. And I found I had a lot of symptoms that seemed to coincide with that disorder. Along with behavior as well.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/klinefelter-syndrome/basics/symptoms/con-20033637

I forgot to mention I've always been quiet and docile and I have proportionally long legs and arms. I've always had problems with reading and writing but not math and attention problems like adhd without being hyper at all. Also I really have absolutely no sex drive. I'm also a social oddball at school but I have some friends.
  •  

Jessica Merriman

I am 47XXY mosaic myself. That is why HRT has made me literally explode. I was also exposed to DES in utero and there is quite the debate right now that it could be a cause of transgenderism. I have no Adam's apple, male brow ridge, etc. One thing though, finger digit ratios have nothing to do with anything. Out of fun all the cis girls in my family took it and according to it they are all male. Don't get caught up in stuff like that as well as online sex quizzes. :)
PS-My karyotype test for 47XXY was around $700.00 dollars. It is very expensive and not mainly covered by insurance.
  •  

Blondie14

Quote from: Jessica Merriman on November 30, 2014, 03:30:16 PM
I am 47XXY mosaic myself. That is why HRT has made me literally explode. I was also exposed to DES in utero and there is quite the debate right now that it could be a cause of transgenderism. I have no Adam's apple, male brow ridge, etc. One thing though, finger digit ratios have nothing to do with anything. Out of fun all the cis girls in my family took it and according to it they are all male. Don't get caught up in stuff like that as well as online sex quizzes. :)
PS-My karyotype test for 47XXY was around $700.00 dollars. It is very expensive and not mainly covered by insurance.

Why has it made you explode?

My face in general looks very feminine. But I didn't really think that mattered. I have high full cheekbones a wavy hairline. My jaw structure and somewhat weak chin gives my face an overall round face shape. Plus my nose is more upturned. my brow ridge is pretty flat oddly since most of my dad's family have prominent brow ridges. My eyebrows are actually pretty arched and raised. Only thing masculine about my face is that my nose isn't small and my eyes are small but I have long lashes (blond) so it doesn't help unless I have mascara really. And my lips are pretty thin.

But without make up people think I'm just a tomboy who happens to be taller because of my face and body. Even though I present as male currently.

I have considered asking my parents to pay for it. I'm skeptical besides they are religious but honestly I want to know because I read there were a lot of risks that can come with having this syndrome.
  •  

JoDavanee

I'm very similar to Jessica in that I stopped taking testosterone a couple of months ago and upped estrodial (and I'm also XXY mosaic).. What she's saying is that on HRT, if you're genetically female dominant, the secondary sex characteristics as well as mood and health and all that will change drastically in very short time. Much quicker than someone switching from one "sex" to the other it seems.. But also there's the negative that now since my body is getting the correct amount of hormones it like basically shuts down whenever I go for extended periods of time without it..   :-\

Being androgynous looking is certainly a side effect of being XXY.. However, there is absolutely no way to find out if you are indeed XXY until you have blood drawn. I seriously do not suggest getting focused on self diagnosing when it can be something other than that.. Not to say it is, but the only way to find out for sure is by karyotype unless you have an obvious DSD. Even then I still suggest karyotype test.

Beg your parents to have the test done.. Because seriously, not knowing what's going on with your body is a very bad thing that can cause a lot of problems... :-\

If you are XXY you can come back here and tell us and I will have more advice then. :) Good luck!!
  •  

Blondie14

Quote from: JoDavanee on December 13, 2014, 11:45:17 AM
I'm very similar to Jessica in that I stopped taking testosterone a couple of months ago and upped estrodial (and I'm also XXY mosaic).. What she's saying is that on HRT, if you're genetically female dominant, the secondary sex characteristics as well as mood and health and all that will change drastically in very short time. Much quicker than someone switching from one "sex" to the other it seems.. But also there's the negative that now since my body is getting the correct amount of hormones it like basically shuts down whenever I go for extended periods of time without it..   :-\

Being androgynous looking is certainly a side effect of being XXY.. However, there is absolutely no way to find out if you are indeed XXY until you have blood drawn. I seriously do not suggest getting focused on self diagnosing when it can be something other than that.. Not to say it is, but the only way to find out for sure is by karyotype unless you have an obvious DSD. Even then I still suggest karyotype test.

Beg your parents to have the test done.. Because seriously, not knowing what's going on with your body is a very bad thing that can cause a lot of problems... :-\

If you are XXY you can come back here and tell us and I will have more advice then. :) Good luck!!

My levels are pretty low Islamist in the female range and it was confirmed I do have klinefelter's syndrome.
  •