Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The official "You look fabulous, darling!" 6.0

Started by V M, December 07, 2014, 08:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessical

Danielle, simply elegant and stunning :)

Keira939, you are super cute :)
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: misty2 on January 30, 2015, 10:56:34 AM
I had been feeling very unattractive recently, for this whole week really. (I know any day I can get out bed, stretch and put on my own lipstick should be a good one.) Self-image is a strange thing.

Then, yesterday, I went to Sephora to buy a hairbrush and I left with a hairbrush and a mini-makeover. After that, I was in such a good mood.  So I went grocery shopping and then text-ed three of my friends and went out and had pizza and tequila cosmopolitans.  I did not get home until 9:30PM (late for us old folks.)

Enrique made my lips look so juicy I thought they were going to slide off my face. "Enrique, I just want to take you home and hang you in my closet so you can help me tomorrow!" I said, not realizing my the double-entendre mistake until it had left my mouth...

"Girl,  I love you. You are such a fish! But, I will never go back in the closet! You can call me anytime for help."

Not the same. But Enrique was very funny, effusive, and totally lifted my spirits.

Danielle
look great
  •  

Wynternight

I love the dress. Once again you embody elegance!

Quote from: misty2 on January 30, 2015, 10:56:34 AM
I had been feeling very unattractive recently, for this whole week really. (I know any day I can get out bed, stretch and put on my own lipstick should be a good one.) Self-image is a strange thing.

Then, yesterday, I went to Sephora to buy a hairbrush and I left with a hairbrush and a mini-makeover. After that, I was in such a good mood.  So I went grocery shopping and then text-ed three of my friends and went out and had pizza and tequila cosmopolitans.  I did not get home until 9:30PM (late for us old folks.)

Enrique made my lips look so juicy I thought they were going to slide off my face. "Enrique, I just want to take you home and hang you in my closet so you can help me tomorrow!" I said, not realizing my the double-entendre mistake until it had left my mouth...

"Girl,  I love you. You are such a fish! But, I will never go back in the closet! You can call me anytime for help."

Not the same. But Enrique was very funny, effusive, and totally lifted my spirits.

Danielle
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

misty2

Quote from: V M on January 31, 2015, 02:17:17 AM
You're looking great Danielle  :icon_chick:

Hugs

Thank you for the hugs and kind words V M.

Quote from: Wynternight on January 31, 2015, 02:06:24 AM
I love the dress. Once again you embody elegance!

Thank you Wynter. I will write about the dress, below.

Quote from: stephaniec on January 30, 2015, 01:53:40 PM
look great

Thank you Stephanie.

Quote from: jessical on January 30, 2015, 12:43:23 PM
Danielle, simply elegant and stunning :)

Keira939, you are super cute :)

Thank you Jessica.

Quote from: missymay on January 30, 2015, 11:02:33 AM
You look amazing, Danielle. And I love that dress!

Quote from: antonia on January 30, 2015, 10:59:59 AM
You look great, I love that dress and it looks so good on you!

Thank you Missy May and Antonia. Now, about that dress... which I also love! At its core the dress is simply a maxi dress... which I usually do not wear because they are usually sleeveless or tank tops. This one had all of the elements (which, in my opinion, are elements that benefit many women with my body shape, which is broader shoulder, narrower hips and a hip to waist proportion less then considered traditionally feminine.)

But this maxi dress has sleeves! That was the #1 green flag.

#2 It is also a plunging v-neck. V-necks and other vertical necklines draw the eye up and down, elongating and narrowing my thicker torso. Crew necks can make my shoulders and chest look wider.

#3 It has a bold pattern that distracts the eye and camouflage my outline, causing the observer to notice the item of clothing instead of my size.

#4 The fabric is heavy enough and with a cut (purposeful by the designer) that the bottom curves back in toward my ankles, after my hips. Gives me some curve.

#5 The built in "belt" tie straps are meant to be cinched. They are sturdy! I am not afraid the fabric will tear. The belt brings in my waist, of course. Again, contributing to the curves.

Also the length of the dress allows me to wear my super tall wedges without compromising my integrity. These are five inch heels on a two inch platform. I need to be careful wearing these at my age. Not from falling (they are actually easy to walk in I can wear them all day and also not worry about how far from my destination I have to park.) but from just looking...  too, well... for lack of better word... "cheap". Maybe a sub 30-year-old could wear these with a mini skirt or skinny jeans. But the only way I could do that would be a true club environment or special party. Certainly not the grocery store. The wedges make me well over 6' tall. Probably about 6' 3". I love it. I have no problem being that tall... Being tall makes me look both thinner and more confident.

The dress is a Versace. Which is why it is cut so well and of quality construction. I would rather have this one great dress rather than 5 of the kind of maxi dresses I tried to wear when I first went full-time.

I love the dress and try to wear it at least once a month. The real problem is that people do remember it. So I have to be a little judicious in how often I wear it. Also, I have more leeway with this dress because this is southern Florida. Many people still dress nicer on an every day basis down here and it is... of course... warmer.

I tried it on in the store and immediately fell in love. But I went home and did not allow my self to buy it for 24 hours. Went back the next day, bought it and have not regretted it. It can also be dressed up with more jewelry and different shoes. Or dressed down even further with different shoes and less jewelry.

Thank you again everyone. That was a good day. Kind Regards, Danielle
  •  

V M

Almost forgot, I love the painting  8)  Makes a cool avatar
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

svaso

Omg Danielle, you look so glamorous!!  That Dress looks so good on you!!
Stacy
  •  

svaso

Yay!! I picked up new glasses today!!  The old mens frames wouldn't cut it and I needed some new frames as I got tired of wearing contacts everyday.
Stacy
  •  

Jessica_Rainshadow

Quote from: svaso on January 31, 2015, 09:46:13 PM
Yay!! I picked up new glasses today!!  The old mens frames wouldn't cut it and I needed some new frames as I got tired of wearing contacts everyday.

You look great. Love those glasses!
  •  

April_TO

Misty2 and Svaso, you ladies are very pretty :) I hope that one day I could look as confident and graceful as you both are.

Here's my take on Laid back (no make up) Sunday.

Nothing ventured nothing gained
  •  

Ange

Quote from: Hikari on January 12, 2015, 02:46:54 PM
Confirming, Freckles are amazing :)

Edit: To give this post some more content, here is me looking really drunk, but feeling pretty fabulous :)

BTW: I was only two of those in when I took that pic, that is all it takes lol

I usually don't answer on photo threads, but, oh lord... You're so cute it's unfair. I had to say it. è_é
Tell me what your definition of "man" and "woman" is, I'll tell you which I am. Not the other way around.
  •  

ZeldaHeartLove

Misty, you are beautiful. You look like quite a diva!

Svaso, for being a 43 year old transwoman, cisgendered woman, or Martian you are something to behold. Amazing!

Carmen you are so cute and graceful.

Hikari, you remind me of willow from Buffy the vampire slayer. You're adorable.

This is me with my fiancée!
  •  

April_TO

Zelda, you are beautiful :)

Big hugs!

Quote from: ZeldaHeartLove on February 01, 2015, 07:01:19 PM
Misty, you are beautiful. You look like quite a diva!

Svaso, for being a 43 year old transwoman, cisgendered woman, or Martian you are something to behold. Amazing!

Carmen you are so cute and graceful.

Hikari, you remind me of willow from Buffy the vampire slayer. You're adorable.

This is me with my fiancée!
Nothing ventured nothing gained
  •  

Madison (kiara jamie)

i went out to meet friends on friday and took 109 photos when i got home, i found one that i like lol, im turning into a selfie addict

ps zeldaheartlove, i wish i had delicate hands like you, your so cute

•  

Abby

Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking.
  •  

Rotika

Quote from: Madison (kiara jamie) on February 01, 2015, 11:35:20 PM
i went out to meet friends on friday and took 109 photos when i got home, i found one that i like lol, im turning into a selfie addict

Wow Madison. You are so gorgeous hun!
  •  

Pebblez

Holy crap. I am at loss of words. So pretty, beautiful, much more lol. Didn't understand the whole have crush on a forum member thread until now. Dang I hope I don't sound like a creep or nothing :x

•  

missymay

Great photo; you look very pretty  :)
  •