Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Gamers, what are you playing right now? 2.0

Started by Sephirah, December 09, 2014, 04:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martine A.

I might also add, in Morrowind, Vivec is a beautiful city. Probably one I'd name the most beautiful architecturally. I was amazed to discover it. It was in a foggish morning with blue skies emerging.

My personal preference for place where I'd settle in is Skingrad. Its streets under rain feel just right. Like I blend in. Like I belong. Amsterdam has many places that feel the same way under night rain... or just over night.

How about you?
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HRT - on the hard way to it since 2015-Sep | Full time since evening 2015-Oct-16
Push forward. Step back, but don't look back.
  •  

Lady Smith

For me seeing Vivec for the first time was a real chills down the spine experience.  It is a beautiful city and I don't think I ever managed to explore every corner of it.

It might sound boring, but I always liked Balmora.  The forests of mushroom trees were something else that delighted me too.
  •  

wanessa.delisola

Quote from: RavenL on June 20, 2015, 12:07:05 AM
Well I'm trying my best to like Elder Scrolls Online. But it is so boring! I've never played an MMO before so maybe all of them are like this. But the game just feels like it doesn't have a soul. I mean it was fun at first to be back in Morrowind or actually see the Summerset Isles its just dull and lifeless feeling. Plus no Dark Brotherhood in the game which has always been my go to guild since Oblivion.

Honestly, i've had my share of MMOs, and most of them are like you said: boring and feels like it doesnt have a soul. A least for me, anyway. The only MMO that really made me addict to it was WOW. Sure, there was one or other that was kinda fun, but WOW was the only one that really got me!
  •  

Martine A.

Quote from: Lady Smith on June 20, 2015, 03:18:19 AM
For me seeing Vivec for the first time was a real chills down the spine experience.  It is a beautiful city and I don't think I ever managed to explore every corner of it.
Hey, the same here. Too bad I never invested time to just learn the whole city.

Balmora, eh? I remember when I got Caius Cosades' room to use. Cleaned it up first. Then filled it with musical instruments and lighting I would find across Morrowind. My home, w00. :)
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HRT - on the hard way to it since 2015-Sep | Full time since evening 2015-Oct-16
Push forward. Step back, but don't look back.
  •  

akuma32

Diablo 3 hearthstone Warcraft StarCraft hero's of the storm boom beach

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
  •  

RaptorChops

I just recently cancelled my ESO account. It really did get boring quick especially when you hit Veteran levels. The only MMORPG that will ever have my heart and soul is the original Everquest. That game was so hard, it brought tears to the toughest eyes. It felt like it took hours just to get across one zone and felt like days to reach the other side of the continent. Death was absolutely horrible, there was no ghosts and you didn't start near somewhere close to your body. If you didn't bind your soul nearby you were walking across the world for your loot. That game made you a stronger person :P
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno.
  •  

Becca131306

Quote from: RaptorChops on June 20, 2015, 10:08:21 AM
I just recently cancelled my ESO account. It really did get boring quick especially when you hit Veteran levels. The only MMORPG that will ever have my heart and soul is the original Everquest. That game was so hard, it brought tears to the toughest eyes. It felt like it took hours just to get across one zone and felt like days to reach the other side of the continent. Death was absolutely horrible, there was no ghosts and you didn't start near somewhere close to your body. If you didn't bind your soul nearby you were walking across the world for your loot. That game made you a stronger person [emoji14]

Lol I remember dying in eq once and spending three hours trying to get back to my body. Worst three hours ever!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

•  

RavenL

Quote from: Lady Smith on June 20, 2015, 01:48:02 AM

I've heard a lot about Skyrim, only as yet I haven't felt particularly motivated to buy myself a copy.

Really liked Skyrim and put about six hundred hours on it :-X The graphics are starting to show its age and the world is kind of boring looking mostly brown and grey. But still its a really fun game there's a lot to do in it. The main quest story is not as good as Oblivion but its alright. The Daedric and Dark Brotherhood quests are my favorite. The DLC for the game is really good. Dragonborn has you going to Solstheim after its back under control of Morrowind. Oh the first time I stepped foot and heard a silt strider!

•  

Kimberley Beauregard

I'm currently enjoying Tales from the Borderlands.
- Kim
  •  

Lady Smith

Quote from: RavenL on June 21, 2015, 11:38:24 AM
Really liked Skyrim and put about six hundred hours on it :-X The graphics are starting to show its age and the world is kind of boring looking mostly brown and grey. But still its a really fun game there's a lot to do in it. The main quest story is not as good as Oblivion but its alright. The Daedric and Dark Brotherhood quests are my favorite. The DLC for the game is really good. Dragonborn has you going to Solstheim after its back under control of Morrowind. Oh the first time I stepped foot and heard a silt strider!

Stilt striders were one of my favourite memories of playing Morrowind.  Just like catching the bus and they were great if you were in a hurry and didn't fancy walking to xxxxxxx yet again.

There seems to be plenty of second hand and NOS copies of Skyrim around for cheap at the moment so I think I'll get one for myself and have a go.
  •  

Becca131306

Steam is having a major sale right now and I think most of the tes games are like 50 or 60 percent off.

•  

Lady Smith

Thanks for that Becca :)  I wonder if I can still remember my Steam login name and password  :-\
  •  

Becca131306

If ya do, look up {cDS} Army4life99, that's me

•  

Terra13

I'm currently playing Skyrim but I've been finding it somewhat...repetitive. It's my first Elder Scrolls game so I don't know if it's something they all have in common but there seems to be very little variety in the dungeons. Maybe it's just because I keep going to those barrows and other places with draugrs...Even going to Solstheim didn't get me away from the draugr dungeons, I thought for sure I'd get a reprieve while staying in a Morrowind location.
And I feel like there isn't enough choice in dialogue options. I might just be spoiled by having played Fallout 3 and New Vegas before any Elder Scrolls games but I like the variety of dialogue choices you have in those games and I can't help but to compare Skyrim's dialogue to Fallout's and feel it comes up short.
All that said, I've definitely enjoyed the game so far. I'm not even sure why I ended up playing Fallout before Elder Scrolls, I'm usually much more into medieval fantasy than I am into guns and whatnot. I love the magic in the game, in particular. I thought about being a battle mage but just couldn't help but go full mage in the end.

And to answer the original post's question, in addition to Skyrim I've been playing Skulls of the Shogun (can't find enough players online, though), the Unfinished Swan, and Transistor. I was partway through Way of the Samurai 4 and Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch before beginning Skyrim so I've got to get back to those...eventually.
  •  

wanessa.delisola

Just decided to re-activate my WoW account! Got a 10 day free trial for Warlords of Draenor. So, like the Angry Video-Game Nerd say, lets pop this >-bleeped-<er up!
  •  

Becca131306

I've been contemplating doing so myself with wow. Just can't seem to pull the trigger
  •  

JenSquid

Quote from: michellemartine on June 20, 2015, 05:26:33 AM
Balmora, eh? I remember when I got Caius Cosades' room to use. Cleaned it up first. Then filled it with musical instruments and lighting I would find across Morrowind. My home, w00. :)
This was years and years ago, but in Morrowind, I think I eventually got three houses in Balmora, plus one in Khuul, which I proceeded to pile to the ceiling with glass armor. So pretty.

Anyway, I just beat Dark Souls II. I enjoyed it, though it definitely wasn't as well designed as Demon's and Dark Souls I were. Not sure if I want to do NG+, if only because A) it's a huge time sink, and I really need to do other things, and B) I haven't had much luck connecting with other players to do covenant ranks.

I'm also trying to finish up Rayman Origins, but I honestly think Dark Souls is a far less frustrating game. The number of auto-scrolling stages where you cannot slow down and your timing must be perfect or you die is infuriating. It's like it's a rhythm game masquerading as a platformer.  >:(
  •  

Lady Smith

There was a treehouse mod for Morrowind which my custom butterfly winged sylph character used for her home.  It had an immensely long spiral staircase in the hollow tree trunk which fortunately she never had to use.  Being able to fly is a very useful ability for a small 0.65 sized player character to have.  Niggle the Sylph was a thief and she collected a huge amount of 'shinys' to stash away in that treehouse.  She was immense fun to play as she worked herself up to being level 80 for hand to hand and level 100 for agility.  Bar fights with Niggle were always a great way to pass the time in between adventures.
  •  

RaptorChops

A really cool MMORPG is ArcheAge. There is soooooo much you can do in that game that it's actually kind of overwhelming. The only thing was the community was not very good. Just seemed like a bunch of trolls and ignorant people. I got involved in a small guild and the guy was so controlling and wanted me to do this, wear this armor.. I was just like alright i'm done F**k you lol.

I also played Rift for a few years but after a while  it started to bore the crap out of me. I did meet some really awesome people in the game though. I go back on very rare occasions just to check things out. It's the only game besides Everquest where I actually had enjoyable Role Play. 
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno.
  •  

VeryGnawty

Quote from: RaptorChops on June 24, 2015, 09:33:46 AM
A really cool MMORPG is ArcheAge.

I was in a little guild called Generositate.  I'm sure I've long since been kicked, since I haven't been able to log in for months due to Glyph not working properly on Windows 8.  It was pretty fun.  Every now in then they would have some guild events, do some trade runs, or just mess about with their boats.

I found the game to be quite relaxing.  There's a lot of stuff to do other than just bashing stuff in the face.  I liked farming, and even just running around the world was kind of fun.  The game is very "old-school" in both good ways and bad ways.  I found the game to be quite fun.  Also, the gliding is one of the coolest things I've seen in any MMORPG ever.  It allows for a lot of cool mobility options that you don't get in land-locked games like Guild Wars, but it's not boring like games with unlimited flying where you can easily go anywhere at any time.  I used to use the glider a lot to get around and explore stuff.

But, yeah the community seemed like it was 60% trolls, bots, and idiots.  That's the problem with sandbox games.  They attract all of the trolls.  I've also heard that end-game is very PvP-focused, so I imagine there wouldn't be much to do if you aren't in a good guild.
"The cake is a lie."
  •