Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Has anyone gone through Dr Eppley for FFS?

Started by Rainbow Dash, December 21, 2014, 02:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainbow Dash

I live in Indiana and I found out I can have FFS and breast augmentation done here. Anyone had any experience with Dr. Eppley?
"Maybe I really joined with them to keep the loneliness at bay.
Yet in the end, you couldn't make it go away. Others could rely on you, but you couldn't rely on them."

"She's a little scared to get close to anyone because everyone who said, "I'll always be here for you," left."
  •  

shedevilcanada

Quote from: Talim on December 21, 2014, 02:15:17 PM
I live in Indiana and I found out I can have FFS and breast augmentation done here. Anyone had any experience with Dr. Eppley?

The only experience I had with him is through emails and he seemed to be very knowleadgeable and very nice
  •  

Lauren1

I can't comment on the validity of this post, the comments, or anything in this link I'm giving you. But it made me very cautious and I found it downright startling.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/dr-barry-eppley-indiana-c246083.html

In my opinion, you should bypass Eppley all together.

•  

Rainbow Dash

"Maybe I really joined with them to keep the loneliness at bay.
Yet in the end, you couldn't make it go away. Others could rely on you, but you couldn't rely on them."

"She's a little scared to get close to anyone because everyone who said, "I'll always be here for you," left."
  •  

Dahlia

•  

samogal

Quote from: Talim on December 21, 2014, 02:15:17 PM

I have not been to Dr. Eppley, but I did send him some photos and he did morph them for me. It was ok!
  •  

Paula1

Hi Talim,

Are you a member of FFS Support?

If not, I suggest you do so as there are interesting discussions going on between another member and myself.

She has just had revision surgery with Dr Eppley after a very poor FFS result from an unknown surgeon in OKlohoma City.

See this first question of her's on my thread about my similar problems:  https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ffs-support/conversations/messages/66559 and then there are further threads (under different titles) between us. 

I did mention the complaint about him and she answered thus:

Yeah, I'm aware of this and have given it a lot of research. He had problems with one mentally ill patient who stalked him and put up dozens of pages to try and destroy his reputation (apparently something similar happened to Dr. Ousterhout.) This person ended up committing suicide, but not before he was forced to get a restraining order against her. I suspect the "negative reviews" are from this person or one of their followers. Considering my first surgery wasn't done well, if I had ANY real concerns I would definitely not go to him. However, after speaking with him extensively and researching his history as a craniofacial surgeon, I feel confident in his abilities.

So do join FFS Support and then you can judge for yourself.

I am waiting to hear from her to see how she got on with her revisions this last Wednesday.

Take care

Hugs

Paula

•  

AlexisRene

Hi, while I realize this thread is almost 5 years old. Just wanted to see if anyone had anything current to add to this thread covering Dr Barry Eppley & FFS.

I only know of one person who went there for a different procedure & she was quite happy. However, have not seen anything current of his results with FFS specific procedures.
  •  

josie76

Quote from: AlexisRene on April 20, 2019, 10:32:46 AM
Hi, while I realize this thread is almost 5 years old. Just wanted to see if anyone had anything current to add to this thread covering Dr Barry Eppley & FFS.

I only know of one person who went there for a different procedure & she was quite happy. However, have not seen anything current of his results with FFS specific procedures.

I have not read anything new or positive about Dr. Eppley. I remember reading that Dr. Eppley was a dentist who expanded into plastic surgery.

I recently spoke with Dr. Chernoff by phone about FFS. I found him to be very knowlegable. He is also triple board certified.  He is certified by The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, The American Board of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, and The American Board of Facial, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
So aside from being a plastic surgeon, he is actually an ENT also.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

AlexisRene

Thank you for the response Josie.

But I do believe he is qualified to do the procedures.

"Dr. Eppley received a Doctor of Medicine degree from Washington University in St. Louis as well as a Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. Dr. Eppley completed training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Barnes Hospital and St. John's Mercy Medical Center Hospital while in St. Louis. He furthered his training in General Surgery, Craniofacial and Cleft Surgery as well as full training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Indiana University. As a result of this education, Dr. Eppley is both a licensed physician and dentist and board certified in the specialties of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery as well as Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery."

https://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/meet/

That aside, have not seen many reviews or before & after pics for ffs. Which is curiously interesting given the demand for FFS currently.

While I know it is improper to choose a surgeon based on location, his practice is close to home. So am just sifting through things to see if something can be found. No worries if nothing does.
  •  

Danni98

I was thinking about using him, but all the negative feed back I saw online scared me to another Doctor. I really wish there was more feed back on him because hes one of the few Dr's in the area that does hip implants.
  •  

AlexisRene

Quote from: Danni98 on April 25, 2019, 12:52:19 AM
I was thinking about using him, but all the negative feed back I saw online scared me to another Doctor. I really wish there was more feed back on him because hes one of the few Dr's in the area that does hip implants.

The girl I spoke with a couple years ago went there for lower rib removal. She spoke very highly of Dr Eppley & the aftercare. As you mentioned, wish there was info overall available. But am also seeing Docs that are the current upper tier FFS surgeons with very limited b & a photos online. It is like you have to be in the cool kid crowd to get insider info.  ???  ;)
  •  

AutumnLeaves

Dr. Eppley did my FFS/revision after another well-known doctor really messed me up. Nobody else really knew how to fix me, but he did. He totally redid my "type III" forehead procedure (using bone grafts) and removed some inflamed/infected bone putty as well as shaved down my orbital rims, which the other doctor had neglected to do. The difference was amazing, and to this day (I am 5 years post surgery with him) I am extremely grateful to him for what he was able to do for me. He completely fixed both the functional and cosmetic issues. He has both medical AND dental degrees, so it's not accurate to say he's a "dentist" who got into plastic surgery; he's a plastic surgeon AND a dentist, which makes him ideal for chin/jaw work IMO.

Do not buy the negative stuff about him online. Years ago he did a facelift on a patient who turned out to suffer from serious mental illness. She became delusional and started to believe that her face was deformed, and she ended up trying to staple her own skin back up in a kind of DIY facelift. Anyway, she started stalking him and created hundreds of sock puppets online to try and ruin his reputation. He was forced to take her to court, and won a restraining order/libel case against her. She was ordered to take down all the false claims, but after a "revision" by somebody else (who she also claimed was bad/out to get her/etc) she killed herself. Unfortunately the legacy of her actions lives on with all of the fake "reviews" she posted. Any surgeon can have less-than-happy patients, but in this case it's a matter of public record that he was the victim of a smear campaign by a deranged individual. I did a lot of research on him before I ever let him near me, and he's well-known as an excellent surgeon and does a lot of amazing work on children with serious cranial defects.

So, I can speak from personal experience when I say that, at least for bony facial work, I think he's top notch and would happily recommend him to anybody I cared about. I may yet go back to him for chin/jaw work and a facelift in the future.
  •  

AlexisRene

Quote from: AutumnLeaves on May 04, 2019, 02:42:19 AM

So, I can speak from personal experience when I say that, at least for bony facial work, I think he's top notch and would happily recommend him to anybody I cared about. I may yet go back to him for chin/jaw work and a facelift in the future.

Am so sorry for you having to endure the outcome of your first procedures with another Doctor. Thank you so much for sharing your review of Dr Eppley. Am calling over there tomorrow to inquire about a consultation.
  •  

josie76

I remember what it was I had read about Dr. Epply. He had a history of performing procedures without having participated in any with an experienced surgeon. He tried some larynx lifting procedures on some women and one in particular was really messed up by him. When she posted what had happened he sued her for defamation and every site that published her posts to remove them. I don't know if she ever got her windpipe fixed or not. From what I had read about it, it was a very, very, bad situation. The take away I had was that he would sue to keep his bad publicity quiet.
Of course everybody has a chance to learn from their past so perhaps this is no longer an issue with him. I remember that pushed me away from even calling his office.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•