Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

SRS with Dr. Chett, December 5th 2014

Started by Poison_Ivy, November 17, 2014, 07:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donna Elvira

Quote from: blackponyx on December 20, 2014, 10:09:58 PM

My current issues are feeling hot and cold all the time at night and it's making it hard to sleep. As of last night, i also feel more intense 'zapping' pains but i don't wanna rely on the stronger painkiller (Tramadol) cos it causes nauseousness too. I take paracetemol if necessary.

I will probably look through some old threads now to see how people were like at post-op day 6.....but any help/advice would be helpful... :)
Hi and congratulations Blackponyx
Just by looking at this thread, I think you will find answers to the hot and cold sensations at night. Most likely it is down to your lack of hormones. In my own case, it was just after I got back from the clinic that I started to have such symptoms and got over them easily by starting up on hormones again, at a very low dose. After that, it was basically all plain sailing,which brings me to my next comment..

Quote from: Poison_Ivy on December 20, 2014, 10:17:30 PM
Lovely, you did kind of scare me xD I can't afford to go to a hospital well because I don't have health insurance o.o I always go to private doctors, which are a better choice in Poland anyway. I'll just have to see and deal with the issues as they come.

If you are doing well now and don't do anything over the top, you should be fine. I can understand that you might be scared reading Jojo's input but from personal experience and feedback from many others I's like to suggest that what she describes is far from being the case for everyone. For example, having had absolutely none of the issues she mentions, I haven't seen a doctor since getting home and know that this is the case for plenty of people. From what I can gather, the most frequent post-op issues are torn stiches, granulation, which can get very nasty if left untreated, and yeast infections/thrush (Candida Albicans).  The high risk period for other UTI's is the couple of weeks just after the cathether is removed but afterwards, with decent personal hygiene, that risk should not be any higher than for a cis-female.
I also went to 2 dilations a day before leaving Bangkok and it was never an issue. As mentioned in another post, I am now down to one a day and it's going fine. No problem from one day to the next.
Wishing you both all the very best!
Donna

•  

jojo702

As Donna said, wishing my recovery was fast as hers but we all having different bodies.

Congrats Blackponyx. The hot flashes and chills are usually from the hormonal imbalance. Try ask the nurses if you can't get estrogen patches. And don't take the tramadol if it's getting you dizzy. I stopped taking yramadol 2 weeks after surgery and asked ms Sri if it was OK and she said Yea because it was making me feel dizzy and felt like fainting.

And Ivy, I apologize, didn't mean to scare you. I do not have insurance as well but with the hospital visits they signed me up for medicaid.
15 years on HRT and going, started at age 16.

SRS+BA done in Bangkok, Thailand by the hands of Dr Chettawut Tulayaphanich and his team on November 1, 2014.
  •  

Poison_Ivy

Haha it's ok, I'm not scared :3 In case there's an issue I'll just get a gyno appointment and have it treated, simple as that. I hope.
I'm more worried about my loose stiches at the moment... Sri says it's ok and the doctor can fix it if there's a need, but I don't know if it's my fault, something I did, or it just happened. I walk quite a bit and do a lot of sitting on the donut, simply cause I feel well enough not to be in bed all the time :/
Also there's so much discharge I change pads every couple hours cause it's gross. It's not blood, but it's like yellow/orange/brown-ish liquidy discharge.

I slept without underwear tonight, and there was so much discharge on my thighs, since I sleep on my side with the donut pillow between my legs, it was so gross o.o

I'm also a bit concerned about the swelling up in the pubic area. Will it go down? Too bad it's Sunday and Sri didn't visit so I couldn't ask her. There's also some swelling on the labias still, I take double dosage of the anti-swelling medication.
  •  

calico

Are you still taking the antibiotics? It sounds like a possible infection,  if you are not still taking the antibiotics get you some, I purchased a surplus of 500mg amoxicialian and stayed taking that for a week after I was done with theirs they supplied
"To be one's self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity."― Irving Wallace  "Before you can be anything, you have to be yourself. That's the hardest thing to find." -  E.L. Konigsburg
  •  

Poison_Ivy

Quote from: calico on December 21, 2014, 08:00:32 AM
Are you still taking the antibiotics? It sounds like a possible infection,  if you are not still taking the antibiotics get you some, I purchased a surplus of 500mg amoxicialian and stayed taking that for a week after I was done with theirs they supplied

I'm still taking a double dosage actually as instructed by Sri xD It ran out today though so tomorrow they'll either refill it or I'll get off it.

Oh and also, I use A  LOT of lube, so maybe it's lube mixed with discharge? It's mostly yellow. When Sri was here Saturday morning she said there was no infection.
  •  

blackponyx

Thank you Donna, jojo and all for the replies/

Apart from the hot/cold issue, I'm also having pain. Initially it was bearable but the last 2 nights, combined with the hot/cold sweating i have been losing sleep. And its funny how all these happen only at night.

I can't describe the pain. Intially i would say 'zapping' pains but it was misleading because it doesn't just zap and stop. The pain is slow and prolonged. like many small spots. Its akin to someone stitching me up over and over again slowly running through the needles. IF that even makes sense >.<

Today is post op day 7. I know its still premature and all but I did read about being able to walk around the hotel/hang out at cafe at post op day 10. I would certainly wish to do that especially since my stay here is shorter than recommended (i'm leaving on 31st, 16 days post op).

Getting up and walking around the room is ok now....i don't feel strong but its not nauseous. i just feel weak. but i don't wanna be bed ridden and all so i wanna try to do light walking as soon as i can to speed up recovery.

xx
  •  

Poison_Ivy

Sri just left, everything is good, no infection, she said that some people just have more discharge than others. She said it's better to sleep in underwear. There's a 50/50 chance dr. Chett will have to fix my stiches, cause she said they look better than when she saw them on Saturday.
I'm supposed to take double dosage of meds until my follow up ;3
So I'm relieved xD
  •  

jojo702

Quote from: blackponyx on December 21, 2014, 09:24:52 PM
Thank you Donna, jojo and all for the replies/

Apart from the hot/cold issue, I'm also having pain. Initially it was bearable but the last 2 nights, combined with the hot/cold sweating i have been losing sleep. And its funny how all these happen only at night.

I can't describe the pain. Intially i would say 'zapping' pains but it was misleading because it doesn't just zap and stop. The pain is slow and prolonged. like many small spots. Its akin to someone stitching me up over and over again slowly running through the needles. IF that even makes sense >.<

Today is post op day 7. I know its still premature and all but I did read about being able to walk around the hotel/hang out at cafe at post op day 10. I would certainly wish to do that especially since my stay here is shorter than recommended (i'm leaving on 31st, 16 days post op).

Getting up and walking around the room is ok now....i don't feel strong but its not nauseous. i just feel weak. but i don't wanna be bed ridden and all so i wanna try to do light walking as soon as i can to speed up recovery.

xx

When Sri comes to see you, try asking about the pains you're having. I would think it's normal cause I also felt that pain but I always laid on my back with my legs spread open with a pillow under my legs to keep my knees elevated. I slept that way with no underwear so the wounds could heal faster if it's not to moist down there.

Take the medications as instructed but if tramadol is making you dizzy, take pracactemol or that other painkiller. Don't keep too much moisture down there. You need it to be a little dry.

It's been 1 month and a half now and I can finally sit normally instead of sideways so don't worry and don't rush yourself to do crazy things. Give your body time to heal and take care not to exert yourself not to mention that you don't have enough estrogen in you right now which is the menopause symptoms creeping up on you.

SRS+BA done in Bangkok, Thailand by the hands of Dr Chettawut Tulayaphanich and his team on November 1, 2014.
  •  

jojo702

Quote from: Poison_Ivy on December 22, 2014, 12:27:23 AM
Sri just left, everything is good, no infection, she said that some people just have more discharge than others. She said it's better to sleep in underwear. There's a 50/50 chance dr. Chett will have to fix my stiches, cause she said they look better than when she saw them on Saturday.
I'm supposed to take double dosage of meds until my follow up ;3
So I'm relieved xD

When it was my 3rd week before I went home, Dr Chettawut restitched my labia as well just to make sure it doesn't get loose when heading home on my 16 hour flight. Everything will workout fine.

Have you taken any estrogen at all for the time being since?

Estrogen should help with the healing also. BTW antibiotics will make you poop so it's normal. How is your dilating? BTW tell Ms Sri that "Joanna" said hi.

•  

Poison_Ivy

Quote from: jojo702 on December 23, 2014, 05:11:00 AM
When it was my 3rd week before I went home, Dr Chettawut restitched my labia as well just to make sure it doesn't get loose when heading home on my 16 hour flight. Everything will workout fine.

Have you taken any estrogen at all for the time being since?

Estrogen should help with the healing also. BTW antibiotics will make you poop so it's normal. How is your dilating? BTW tell Ms Sri that "Joanna" said hi.

Today Sri said I don't need any additional stiching up, she also said it varies from day to day since the wounds are healing. I've been taking low dosage of estrogen pills for over a week now, since they allowed me :3
I dilate 2 times a day without any issues, cause I'm too lazy to do 3 xD But I tested out if I can get away with 2, and the dilators always go in smoothly to full depth :3
My flight is also about 16 hours counting the layover, I'm not looking forward to that.
I'll let Sri know you said hi :D
  •  

blackponyx

Quote from: jojo702 on December 23, 2014, 05:03:54 AM
When Sri comes to see you, try asking about the pains you're having. I would think it's normal cause I also felt that pain but I always laid on my back with my legs spread open with a pillow under my legs to keep my knees elevated. I slept that way with no underwear so the wounds could heal faster if it's not to moist down there.

Take the medications as instructed but if tramadol is making you dizzy, take pracactemol or that other painkiller. Don't keep too much moisture down there. You need it to be a little dry.

It's been 1 month and a half now and I can finally sit normally instead of sideways so don't worry and don't rush yourself to do crazy things. Give your body time to heal and take care not to exert yourself not to mention that you don't have enough estrogen in you right now which is the menopause symptoms creeping up on you.

Thank you jojo.

I did tell Sri and she said it was the nerves reconnecting so it's perfectly normal. She said this could last up till 3 months. @.@

I tend to get it more intense and frequent only at night though, affecting sleep.

I hope you are recovering well and happy holidays to all :)

•  

BWgirl_1114

Quote from: blackponyx on November 18, 2014, 02:46:31 AM
Hi Posion_Ivy

Hope it goes well for you. And pardon me for hijacking this thread :p

I'm gonna be at the Rama cottages from mid Dec to end Dec. If anyone wants to share a 'cottage' (?) we can do it and get a bigger room/split cost. I PMed another girl BW something but haven't heard from her.

If anyone is keen, we can hang out. Christmas in the hotel room sounds miserable. I will be alone.

Thank you! :)

Hello blackponyx,  my apologies but I don't come on this site too often due to school and work.  I'm actually in Bangkok now at the dusit princess but I was at the Rama cottages on 12/13/14 until my surgery on 12/16/14.  I originally planned on staying at dusit princess the entire time of my visit but there weren't any vacancies available before my surgery date.  I'm so glad that I didn't stay at the cottages because that place was abit too primitive for my taste and I feel much safer in a hotel where I'm not on the ground level.  While at the cottages I had ants in the kitchen and bathroom and then my ipad could barely connect to their wifi.  I so hope your stay at the cottages has been much better than mine.  :)
  •  

Poison_Ivy

Had my follow up with Dr. Chett today, everything is normal, he cut some loose threads of stiches so they're hardly noticeable.
The nurses said the speculum and the examination would hurt a little, but I honestly barely felt it. Is it normal to feel so little pain, or am I just recovering fast? I was a bit surprised cause everyone at the clinic was treating me as if I would have difficulty handling the stairs/walking, but honestly my mobility is nearly back to normal, I'm not about to go doing splits and stuff, but you get the point. I even ran to the main lobby since I was running a little late and didn't want to keep the driver waiting.
Well 3 more days until I leave, looking forward to snowy Poland after this tropical vacation :3 I never thought I'd be excited to see snow. I'm going to Seacon Square or some other mall on Sunday to spend my leftover money ;D

Hope y'all are having happy holidays, thanks for assisting me on this journey and reading my mess xD
  •  

blackponyx

Quote from: BWgirl_1114 on December 23, 2014, 12:11:22 PM
Hello blackponyx,  my apologies but I don't come on this site too often due to school and work.  I'm actually in Bangkok now at the dusit princess but I was at the Rama cottages on 12/13/14 until my surgery on 12/16/14.  I originally planned on staying at dusit princess the entire time of my visit but there weren't any vacancies available before my surgery date.  I'm so glad that I didn't stay at the cottages because that place was abit too primitive for my taste and I feel much safer in a hotel where I'm not on the ground level.  While at the cottages I had ants in the kitchen and bathroom and then my ipad could barely connect to their wifi.  I so hope your stay at the cottages has been much better than mine.  :)

No worries at all. I am glad you enjoy the dusit princess. I've never stayed so i can't objectively compare but i would assume it's a conventional above average hotel room.

Re the cottages being 'primitive' - i might do a separate thread on this, on my experience with Chet and the hotel (like a 'review') but in short yes i get what you mean. Not sure if 'primitive' is the best word to describe but if you prefer a hotel room high up in the building then this is not for you. I never regretted my choice to stay at the cottages (although i feel there are areas of improvement) because i like the option of being able to open the door anytime i want to take a breath of fresh air, or even stroll and walk around the cottages (which i've been doing).

Re ants in the kitchen - perhaps u got a room that had a previous person who didn't keep the place clean. Or that housekeeping missed it. In any case, no excuse for that. I wouldn't tolerate that too. But in my room, it's some occasional lizards (which are very common in Asia so I'm guessing hotel rooms might have them too although a lot less). I think housekeeping plays an important role but it boils down to personal habits and character. If you leave food all over/drop food crumbs on the floor/don't bother cleaning up or keeping your food sealed then there's definitely a higher risk of attracting insects (hate cockroaches but thank god haven't met one here yet!!!).

The thing is this place is also with an aged/elderly home - which sort of explains it all. It's peaceful, quiet and less tourists. More like a recovery area for people and I liked this part. I would really hate to get properly/decently dressed, and take the elevator down, pass the lobby with a sea of tourists (on vacation) just to take a walk! I feel more 'in place' here like everyone's recovering together. Haha. To each his own i guess. Things in the room here are basic but adequate. Except they don't have a microwave. No bathtub but we won't get to use it. Everything else met my expectations.

Not sure about the location of Dusit but i heard it's near (? walking distance?) to Seacon mall. Here, it's a decent walk to 7 Eleven but Tesco is a bit of a challenge because it has an overhead bridge. I strongly advise all to head out either before 9 or after 6 to avoid the sun. At Tesco there's everything and some restaurants + a KFC. Not the best variety but i could deal with that.

Hope it helps a little for those deciding between the 2.
  •