Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Hopeless

Started by Makenzie, January 03, 2015, 08:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makenzie

I am a 15 year old from the Southern US.I came out as gay 2 years ago and was told "it's a phase,it's your hormones" my family is Southern Baptist and it is an emotional burden not to come out,but I know it will be bad when I eventually come out.I have only one friend,who said if he had a trans friend he would drop them as a friend.He is all I have,but holding back just makes my anxiety and my anger worse.
  •  

mrs izzy

Are you able to get therapy or support group form the community?

Is there a planned parenthood in your area?

They have support in place for the lgbtq community.

Sorry your friend is transphobic.
Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •  

Makenzie

If I did that I would be outed.I get hardly any privacy :/
  •  

Makenzie

And in some states, there is not much acceptance

Did a mod edit for OP
  •  

mrs izzy

Just maybe its something will help if you need someday.

Things are changing.

Slowly but changing.
Mrs. Izzy
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

•  

Makenzie

•  

Devlyn

Big hug! Just because today isn't giving us what we want doesn't mean we shouldn't have hope. Like Izzy said, things are changing, and you'll be out on your own in a few years living your life the way you want to. You have that to look forward to!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Makenzie

Yes,but I couldn't afford my education
  •  

adrian

Makenzie, I'm sorry you're in such a difficult situation. Come here for support as often as you can. Connecting with people here will not be the same as having the support of your friends and family, but it's something! Plan ahead -- will you be able to leave home for college in a few years? A big hug!
  •  

suzifrommd

Makenzie, please keep posting here and stay in touch with the people on this site. A lot of them have gone through what you're going through and understand.

You are NOT alone. You have dozens of brothers and sisters here who care and will give you whatever support we can.

When you're ready, reach out through PM. So many people here will lend an ear, a shoulder to cry on, and in many cases genuine friendships form.

Again, you are not alone.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

ashley_thomas

I grew up southern baptist, while I do not have support from my parents I do have a beautiful life with a loving partner, kids and I am transitioning with lots of support around me. Life is beautiful and you have a long life in front of you. Transition can happen, please be wise on how you deal with your parents, southern baptists have some of the most difficult positions on people like us.  Stay here with us in this community.
  •  

Makenzie

I am just a bother to the people here probably as I am so young.
  •  

ashley_thomas

No you are not. We remember what it was like to be in your spot.
  •  

Lostandfound

Hello Makenzie. You're not a bother, you may feel like it, but you must remember you're not. Your age doesn't influence your "trans-ness".
In a few years you'll be an adult and you may be able to move to a more trans friendly state. There is hope.
~~*Falling apart and back together*~~
  •  

Makenzie

Thanks.I wish I hadn't posted the state lol
  •  

Lostandfound

I think you can delete the comment with the state on it if you want (I'm not entirely sure as I'm really new to these forums).
Anyway, stay hopeful!  :)
  •  

Makenzie

You can't.It is site policy I believe.
  •  

Lostandfound

I read the site things and it doesn't seem to say anything there, but I'm not sure. It could say it in a sub-thread.
If you're worried about being outed, I'm sure people wouldn't think to check here? The state shouldn't matter in normal forum things.
  •  

mrs izzy

Quote from: Makenzie on January 05, 2015, 10:10:02 PM
You can't.It is site policy I believe.

Always remember that's what we are here for. If you look back poof it went.

But as the OP you can always delete a post other then the first one.
Mrs. Izzy

•  

Makenzie

Oh,I didn't know I could do that. thanks! :)
  •