Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today? 2.0

Started by V M, January 06, 2015, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call me Ray

Had to go in for a mammogram so my surgeon has recent results.
Left almost in tears with terrible anxiety and more self-conscious than I've been since the holidays.
But, unless the results were unreadable or jacked up it will have been my last one ever, so there's that.
  •  

Tripdistrans

Work, its not too busy today and I finish earlier than usual, but one of the managers abused me (normal) and the other didn't care (normal) and the maintenance guy continues to use the wrong pronouns.. (normal).
Expectations in life are only useless without passion. Be passionate about yourself, and love yourself.
  •  

V M

Squashed the first hobo spider of this years spider season
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

marsh monster

Quote from: V M on March 13, 2015, 07:13:51 PM
Is that one of those you're happy, but the spider is unhappy things?  Cause I really can't see the unhappy side of it for you. Or are you unhappy that it signals the beginning of spider season?

•  

Jill F

Wanna borrow my splatula?

*wipes of the remains of beelzebug*
  •  

V M

Quote from: marsh monster on March 13, 2015, 07:16:21 PM
Is that one of those you're happy, but the spider is unhappy things?  Cause I really can't see the unhappy side of it for you. Or are you unhappy that it signals the beginning of spider season?

This, it means there will be more to come over the next few months  :P  Oh well time to buy a new packet of sticky traps, but yeah, I take a bit of sadistic joy in squashing 'em  >:-)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jill F

How do you tell the vagrant ones from the rest?
  •  

Devlyn

•  

marsh monster

•  

Devlyn

•  

Call me Ray

Found out I'm getting 2 more clients at work. To keep from confusing them my workplace transition is being moved up...
  •  

Devlyn

•  

V M

Quote from: Jill F on March 13, 2015, 07:36:10 PM
How do you tell the vagrant ones from the rest?

LOL... They're called hobo spiders because they are stowaways off European ships that came into Northwestern ports, they have particular characteristics that distinguish them from other common spiders

- V M
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: V M on March 13, 2015, 08:20:18 PM
LOL... They're called hobo spiders because they are stowaways off European ships that came into Northwestern ports, they have particular characteristics that distinguish them from other common spiders
I read up on them in Wikipedia. I don't mind spiders but I'm not getting close enough to check how many eyes the Lil' bugger's have!
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

V M

LOL... I don't care how many eyes they have either, what bothers me is that their bites are venomous and can vary in toxicity and can become necrotic

I nearly lost my right arm from the first time one bit me years ago so I'm not taking any chances, I'm just glad I got in to see a Dr. before it was too late

- V M
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: V M on March 13, 2015, 11:26:49 PM
LOL... I don't care how many eyes they have either, what bothers me is that their bites are venomous and can vary in toxicity and can become necrotic

I nearly lost my right arm from the first time one bit me years ago so I'm not taking any chances, I'm just glad I got in to see a Dr. before it was too late

Hey Sis, I may have asked you before but are the same as the Recluse spider? I know they are really nasty (both of them)
  •  

V M

Quote from: Cindy on March 14, 2015, 01:07:53 AM
Hey Sis, I may have asked you before but are the same as the Recluse spider? I know they are really nasty (both of them)

Very similar but I think a bit different, possibly related? The hobo is more aggressive but as I understand the recluse bite is much worse, thinking about it, the Dr. wasn't quite sure either but said the recluse was more common to warmer climates

Hmmmm, I had just moved up from southern Calif. at the time but didn't bring much with me, not sure about one traveling up with me

I'm just glad to not end up an amputee 

- V M
  •  

Dee Marshall

See, Cindy? Not every nasty creature in the world lives in Oz.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Dee Walker on March 14, 2015, 08:01:19 AM
See, Cindy? Not every nasty creature in the world lives in Oz.

We have funnel webs, make recluse look like kittens!
  •  

King Malachite

Unhappy- I was rebuked in church by both my sisters, and an assistant at the same time, because I apparently hurt some girl's feelings.  I won't get into the details, but I will say that I used the words "the attire of a harlot".

Happy- I was unrepentant in what I said and reiterated again, using scripture to back my position up.  Ultimately, they couldn't come against anything I was saying, and one of my sister's told me that I was right and not wrong, but I just need to be tactful with how I say things, only because they didn't want to deal with the drama when the kids tell their parents, and they have to deal with them.  I basically told her that I see her point.   It's nice to be able to be right though, lol.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •