Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today? 2.0

Started by V M, January 06, 2015, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImagineKate

Unhappy - I finally resigned as a lector in my church. I really enjoyed the ministry.
Happy - I am now free to be me without explanation. This means I can come to church as me. Sure, people will talk but so what? They can't kick me out. I am playing it cautious though. I may attend another parish for a while until I'm far enough along that I can possibly blend in.
  •  

ImagineKate

Happy: went to ShopRite and bought some leggings and socks.

Unhappy: the no nonsense ones were much more expensive than the last time I was there. I ended up getting an on the go one. I'm experimenting with sizes as medium is kinda loose now.
  •  

Call me Ray

Happy: Holy hell, I have a new badge at work that says my new name.

Unhappy: I can only send email from my new address, I can't receive. This is confusing my customers...
  •  

Newgirl Dani

I recieved a call from my clinic saying there is a problem and I need to redo my blood workups.  It was only yesterday I got my new levels and was ecstatic!  After four calls for a total of over an hour, It was confirmed that it was a mistake and I'm fine.  Jeez, talk about an emotional roller coaster, that was one heck of a ride.   Dani
  •  

Dee Marshall

Met a new friend today. Sweetie and I both liked her a lot. We wanted her to come live with us but she's going through some medical stuff and may not be able to. Meet Lily:

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

V M

Quote from: Dee Walker on March 22, 2015, 07:24:49 PM
Met a new friend today. Sweetie and I both liked her a lot. We wanted her to come live with us but she's going through some medical stuff and may not be able to. Meet Lily:

She's a little cutie  :icon_chick:  I hope things work out and you're able to take her in

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ImagineKate

Unhappy: Wife is sick, as in so weak she can't even walk properly. Seems like influenza or some kind of virus. Kids had high fever this week as well.
Happy: So far I've been immune to it it seems.

We both got seasonal flu shots this year.

Unhappy: I told her maybe because we really don't touch each other anymore and keep myself super clean now which is why I didn't get it.
She said that's not even funny... well of course it's not.
  •  

V M

I was being happy about it starting to warm up and the snow melting off, but now another cold front has moved in and we have a new snowstorm this morning  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ImagineKate

Quote from: V M on March 24, 2015, 10:03:28 AM
I was being happy about it starting to warm up and the snow melting off, but now another cold front has moved in and we have a new snowstorm this morning  :P

Bleechhh tell me about it.

However there is a reality I have to face with spring/summer - I am going to be visible without the cloak of winter clothing. I wear large sweaters right now. What am I going to do ?
  •  

Dee Marshall

Good: went to K-Mart because I've reached the stage of desperately needing to wear sports bras. Found a two pack for $9 that looked good in what I hoped was the right size. Got to the register and found out I had over $7 in credit so together they cost me $1.85.

Bad: got back to my car and the alarm is berserk. Anything I try to do sets it off. Walked to the auto parts store to change out the battery in my key. Didn't help. Stuck at the mall until Sweetie can get here to collect me and see if her key will work.

P.S.: went to the restroom. They fit! So comfy!
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

AmyRiver

Working out that less makeup looks better on me, actually a tinted moisturiser works best with a bit of blush and a little eyeliner as I feel I finally got my look together today. Unhappy that blue beard shadow even after a really close shave shows through to spoil this and not knowing what to do to fix it, oh I so wish I could get lasered !!!!!
  •  

Call me Ray

Unhappy: my training session got cancelled today so ni deadlifts for me

Happy: training got cancelled so less time out of my binder feeling self conscious.
  •  

Newgirl Dani

Quote from: Newgirl Dani on March 20, 2015, 04:18:02 PM
I recieved a call from my clinic saying there is a problem and I need to redo my blood workups.  It was only yesterday I got my new levels and was ecstatic!  After four calls for a total of over an hour, It was confirmed that it was a mistake and I'm fine.  Jeez, talk about an emotional roller coaster, that was one heck of a ride.   Dani

Boy sometimes I just dont know!!!  The above was at 2:18 PST, I turned on my phone that same afternoon only to hear ANOTHER message saying the same thing....I need to do my blood workups!!!  I felt like breaking my phone, that was not the worst though, I looked up and it was 6 minutes AFTER they closed, on a FRIDAY.  I had to be up in the air all weekend.  Monday (yesterday) I finally got it confirmed that they had lost my last tests and now they are found.  Man O Man  I feel emotionally exhuasted, and now I'm sort of paranoid to turn my phone on.   Dani
  •  

Newgirl Dani

Quote from: Newgirl Dani on March 20, 2015, 04:18:02 PM

Quote from: Newgirl Dani on March 24, 2015, 06:07:58 PM
Boy sometimes I just dont know!!!  The above was at 2:18 PST, I turned on my phone that same afternoon only to hear ANOTHER message saying the same thing....I need to do my blood workups!!!  I felt like breaking my phone, that was not the worst though, I looked up and it was 6 minutes AFTER they closed, on a FRIDAY.  I had to be up in the air all weekend.  Monday (yesterday) I finally got it confirmed that they had lost my last tests and now they are found.  Man O Man  I feel emotionally exhuasted, and now I'm sort of paranoid to turn my phone on.   Dani

UNHAPPY    And the freaking saga continues:  After the second time I was so completely assured all is well and I'm told the above, cool, test found!  Will call pharmacy.  Great news yay!    GOT ANOTHER CALL today, hey we dont need your tests we got them, BUT your doctor wants to cut your dosage............180 degree away from our agreement.

HAPPY        Got to tell the head nurse at the clinic today the full story, she UNDERSTANDS, and wrote it all down and said she will talk to my doctor.  I feel like I'm in some kind of nightmare soap opera and cannot wake up.   Dani

•  

Megan Rose

Today I realized that another coworker is trans.  But, she gave me a look that said, "I don't want to be your friend".
  •  

immortal gypsy

Work called so I escaped having to get my blood tested today. Unfortunately I will have to do it tomorrow.

Anyone want to face a needle for me?
Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

Si vis bellum, parra pacem
  •  

Jenny07

Not another one. ::)
You're not as bad as Devlyn. She hit the floor with a thump.

It's not that bad. Have you ever had a lumber puncture or two?
They are bad, bad needles. I will go into details for you.

A blood test is nothing.
So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: immortal gypsy on March 26, 2015, 04:50:36 AM
Work called so I escaped having to get my blood tested today. Unfortunately I will have to do it tomorrow.

Anyone want to face a needle for me?

I bleed myself!

A skill from being on call in the middle of the night.

Mmm wonder what patients would think knowing I'm the normal control! I'm sure Florida would love it.

So, drink water, don't look at the needle, waggle your feet and keep talking about anything.
  •  

immortal gypsy

Quote from: Jenny07 on March 26, 2015, 04:58:37 AM
Not another one. ::)
You're not as bad as Devlyn. She hit the floor with a thump.

It's not that bad. Have you ever had a lumber puncture or two?
They are bad, bad needles. I will go into details for you.

A blood test is nothing.
Quote from: Cindy on March 26, 2015, 04:59:58 AM
I bleed myself!

A skill from being on call in the middle of the night.

Mmm wonder what patients would think knowing I'm the normal control! I'm sure Florida would love it.

So, drink water, don't look at the needle, waggle your feet and keep talking about anything.
Not reading the posts not reading the posts

Oh I'm a fainter and have been since I was a child, either during before or after I will more then likely hit the floor. I can't even be in the same room if I know there going to be used in anyway shape or form.

Cindy thanks for the advice. Still the offer is still open
Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

Si vis bellum, parra pacem
  •  

V M

I had a horrible fear of needles for years, but after so many inoculations, blood tests, IVs and helping others I guess I pretty much got over it

I've actually developed somewhat of a fascination with it all, but I'm not in any kind of hurry for another one anytime soon though

- V M
  •