Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today? 2.0

Started by V M, January 06, 2015, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fennec-fox

Last night, I finished writing a research paper I've been putting off for ages. Unfortunately, I only got about three hours of sleep because I stayed up so late writing it and had to hand it in at my 8AM class today.
  •  

big kim

My date went well most of the time,though I was a bit cold on the back of his bike.
Some dirtbag tried to steal the bike and ripped out a load of wires leaving us stranded.He got a mate to take us home in his car and put the bike on a trailer.
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: big kim on May 01, 2015, 03:48:27 AM
My date went well most of the time,though I was a bit cold on the back of his bike.
Some dirtbag tried to steal the bike and ripped out a load of wires leaving us stranded.He got a mate to take us home in his car and put the bike on a trailer.

Sounds an interesting date!
  •  

Cindy

Just before I left work a research worker (elderly chinese man, with a heavy accent) who I knew walked into my lab asking for me 'old name'. My male staff member just said, 'she is standing behind you'. I thought he was going to faint :laugh:. I thought I was about to get some weird comment. 

After a short talk about his research problem, he just looked at me and said (unprompted) 'you are so happy, you look so happy, you don't look haunted anymore, I'm so pleased for you.'

I'll accept that!

•  

big kim

•  

Jayne

I went to the women's hostel today to use their computers to check emails and prepare some notes for next weeks lgbt group, the day was a rollercoaster ride of happy and sad.
Happy because most of the new clients were welcoming, sad because one definitely isn't happy with me being there. I heard her ask a staff member "who's that?" the word that had a rather hostile tone, the staff member replied "oh, that's just Jayne" and left it at that, she didn't feel the need to give any explanation other than my name thus cutting off any chance for escalation. This client may be an issue for further visits but I'll just have to calmly deal with this if it causes problems and hope she's open to discussing my situation in a reasonable manner.

Happy because I got to have a girly chat with two workers, sad because they're both heavily pregnant and they started swapping notes on the joy and misery of being pregnant after one of the wee ones decided to practice free kicks for the England footie team
  •  

enigmaticrorschach

i havent had the urge to take a nap and i have like tons more energy but i'm freaking starving -.- i had a huge breakfast and i'm still raiding my fridge for food. only thing i can find is grilled chicken. i could make a salad but i might end up eating the last 2 lettuce hearts left
  •  

V M

I was watching an animated feature called 'Archer' and one of the characters in this episode reminded me of an old friend who passed away from cancer
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

V M

Inspection of my apt. went okay and needed repairs were noted, but who knows when the maintenance people will come around to do the work  :-\
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Dee Marshall

Today I took Sweetie to her favorite clothing store to buy some desperately needed new clothes. We had a great time picking things out for her. She must have tried on 30 items and we left with 5. Had a really, really good time, but... You knew there would be a "but"! The more we looked the worse I felt that we weren't getting a single thing for me. This was her day and I don't regret it, my gift to her. She's still trying to get comfortable with the idea that I won't be able to pass as male much longer. :( When will it be my time?
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Zedan

Walked to the train station, wore my favorite gold pendant because I thought I'd be free from seeing anyone I knew. Indulged my inner train nerd and watched them for awhile. Met an old friend getting off a southbound Amtrak and had to dodge questions about homeless and joblessness while wearing a smile, and preying they didn't ask why I wear a Ladies necklace. Luckily they just complimented its sapphire as they were leaving. Ah the the trials of a split mind.  :-\
As always, thank you for your time. Z was here.
  •  

ChiGirl

Went to a family wedding this weekend in Indiana.  I'm still living as male, but a few family members know and they treated me great.  I'm actually looking forward to coming out to the whole family.  It'll be interesting to see who accepts and who has problems.
But of course, the wife had a hissy fit and made it all about her.  This weekend couldn't have been any less about her, yet she made her scene.  I'm sick of it.
  •  

V M

My Iguana finally dropped her eggs, 26 total but there isn't a male to fertilize them and I felt sad as I gathered them up

- V M
  •  

Jill F

2 hours plus in the torture chair today, but we got them all.  I literally have nothing to shave and can leave my razor at home when I go away for 4 days to celebrate my 21st wedding anniversary this Thur.
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Jill F on May 26, 2015, 09:46:44 PM
2 hours plus in the torture chair today, but we got them all.  I literally have nothing to shave and can leave my razor at home when I go away for 4 days to celebrate my 21st wedding anniversary this Thur.
Congratulations on your anniversary, Jill!
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

V M

- V M
  •  

Jill F

Thank you so much, ladies!  We're doing San Diego this time and coming home Sunday to see Jason Bonham play.
  •  

Mariah

Congrats on the anniversary :)

Quote from: Jill F on May 26, 2015, 09:46:44 PM
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

katrinaw

Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

V M

Did all kinds of stuff to help out various neighbors at my apt.s over the past few days and feel pretty good about that but I've been pretty worn out and tired at the end of each day and 'bout ready for a monster snoozer head crash  :icon_sleep:

- V M
  •