Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today? 2.0

Started by V M, January 06, 2015, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raell

Courage, Dee!

Today..good and bad.

Good:
I drove my motorbike to the beach and hiked along the shore to photograph birds.

Bad:
No birds. Too much flooding, I guess. Storms swept in and soaked me, several times, despite my wearing a rain jacket. Also, red flags flapping, warning against swimming. Wouldn't want to swim anyway in those violent waves.
  •  

Fresas con Nata

Appointment at the GIC yesterday.

:) Psychological evaluation is over, next steps are informed consent and blood work, yay!
:( I had already those steps done with gendergp.co.uk and I even had a prescription already, but now I'll have to wait because I need to have clean blood for the GIC tests. No, I didn't tell them about gendergp, I was planning to do so on my next visit, but then surprise!!
  •  

Dee Marshall

Randi's always had trouble gendering me correctly in front of strangers.

This evening we went to dinner when we finished and the server came back she said,

"She gets the check".

Gendered me correctly while sticking me with the bill!
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Dee Marshall on February 07, 2017, 09:18:02 PM
Randi's always had trouble gendering me correctly in front of strangers.

This evening we went to dinner when we finished and the server came back she said,

"She gets the check".

Gendered me correctly while sticking me with the bill!

Still a win!  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Angela Drakken

Im being sent to las vegas as part of a 'Leadership' conference for journey persons in my trade..

The downside is missing my girlfriend and having to wear my 'uniform' the whole time aka boy mode..
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on February 08, 2017, 06:10:56 AM
Still a win!  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
I found it hugely hilarious. Sticking me with the check was no big deal. We have a tradition between us that the one most recently paid pays when we go out.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

big kim

•  

V M

Not really sure if I should be happy or unhappy, not sure if it matters if I have any feelings or not  :-\

Got rejected for merc work, guess business is slow and apparently I am considered to be too old now  :-\   
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Dee Marshall

It was a day of weird luck. Early this morning before heading out to a client I managed to hit myself in the face with a snow brush and scratch my lower eyelid. When I got to the client my scarf blew off and I had to chase it down the street. When walking to his front door I slipped on some ice, sprawled on the pavement, scraped up the back of my right hand and broke my sunglasses. That's the bad luck.

After an hour or so the client asked to run an errand and I agreed to take him. When we returned a tree limb, perhaps 8 inches across had fallen and was stretched across his street. We marveled over it, parked elsewhere and walked up to his apartment. His aide said she had seen the limb fall from his window.

She then commented that I had been parked in that very spot before we went out.

If he hadn't asked to run an errand!

•  

Cindy

I had my 6 month post treatment PET scan today. They take a long time and I was worried and tired.  As usual the staff were lovely and sweet, except for a male radiographer was trying to chat me up but I wasn't in the mood and I think he went sour on me. He wanted to do a repeat scan and that got me worried that he had seen something or was just checking.

Now I have to wait until Monday to see the results.

Waiting waiting waiting - I knew I should have asked for a copy to be sent to me but thought I would do the right thing by the team.

•  

big kim

•  

Dee Marshall

•  

Elis

Got a sore throat; not sure if it's the start of a cold or because my voic3 is dropping again. Hoping it's the latter.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

davina61

this internet link is poo, dumps my reply's, took photo of my legs to post on phon cant get it to down load. I hate technology . made me happy, cooked a black bean sauce stirfry that  was very tasty and dress up in skirt and patterned top,shame Icant post it!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

maksim

I ate a big bowl of yummy katsudon!
... and proceeded to get a terrible stomachache afterwards ::)

•  

Colleen_definitely

I finished my little dysphoria biography assignment for the therapist (3000 words, hope she has a lot of free time)

Letting that out and actually threading everything together from start to now was... upsetting to say the least.  The chains of events, all the stupid things I did to hide or run from this.  I shouldn't be tearing up like this, I'm not even on HRT yet!  :laugh: :icon_cry:

But it needs to be done and it's for the best.  Nobody said it would be easy, quite the opposite.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

KathyLauren

The last couple of days, my nipples have been really ouchy.  The good news is that it means something is happening there.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

big kim

Got the parts for the stage 1 tune up on my Sportster
Got the bill
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I finally figured out why my pickup was making a funny noise when the front suspension cycled.  Yay

It's because I was an idiot and forgot to install a couple of retaining clips for the front CV shafts, which I have of course lost over the last few years and the replacements won't be in until next week.  Boo
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Dee Marshall

More amused than happy:
A client wanted me to take him somewhere and said he needed a shower first. I agreed and said I'd wait in the kitchen.

A few moments later I heard the shower start, then he came into the kitchen wrapped only in a towel. "I'm a man and you're a woman", he said.

"And I'm a lesbian and you have absolutely nothing I care to see. Now go take your shower." He slunk off.

Unfortunately, he has antisocial personality disorder, a traumatic brain injury that makes his decision making suspect, belongs to a traditionally homophobic population, and has a gang history. If he ever realizes that I'm trans, I could be in real danger.

•