Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today? 2.0

Started by V M, January 06, 2015, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

spending ages getting made up and taking a new photo for avatar , don't recognise myself !!!! whats made me unhappy is not being able to change photo on avatar
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

FTMDiaries

I'm getting some repair work done to my house's roof, but work commitments mean I'm unable to be on-site to supervise.

That means that my ex had to come round to keep an eye on the place & pay the builders (with my money, naturally). Bleh.  :-\

But he brought our dog and one of our daughters with him, so I had a lovely hour or so with them. Yay! :D

•  

maksim

A problem started today that causes a lot of dysphoria.
When I told my mom - an avid Pokemon GO player - about it, she said: "It simply means you don't have enough candies to evolve yet. Your evolutionary item is hormones... The testosterstone!" I laughed really hard!

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: maksim on March 17, 2017, 06:13:24 PM
A problem started today that causes a lot of dysphoria.
When I told my mom - an avid Pokemon GO player - about it, she said: "It simply means you don't have enough candies to evolve yet. Your evolutionary item is hormones... The testosterstone!" I laughed really hard!

Big hug! Im sorry you had a bad day, but that's wicked cool about your mom! She's going to be your best ally.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

maksim

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 17, 2017, 06:19:24 PM
Big hug! Im sorry you had a bad day, but that's wicked cool about your mom! She's going to be your best ally.

Hugs, Devlyn
Thanks! She's really coming around for sure. :)

•  

V M

I decided to get a slice of corned beef from the deli meats area of the supermarket to celebrate St. Patty's day

I could tell that the guy who came over to help me had a bit of an attitude and that made me a bit uncomfortable

I asked for just a quarter inch thick slice which he immediately questioned so I said "yes, you know, about the width of my pinky" and showed him the tip of my pinky finger

So he gives my a bit of a snarly look and cuts off an inch think slice which was much more than I wanted

When I told him I only wanted a quarter inch slice I could hear him mutter the "B" word under his breath and he asked if I wanted him to give it a bit of a trim

By this time I was rather nervous and said "No I'm okay, thank you"

As I was walking away I heard him tell one of his co-workers rather loudly "Can you believe that hoe? Blah blah blah..." and then I noticed that the co-worker and quite a few customers that happened to be around felt rather uncomfortable also

I don't know if he is on drugs, an aggro woman hater, having a bad day or what but I doubt he's going to last very long at that job

The funny part is that the slice of beef is the shape of the state of California, so I'm giggling a bit about being Godzirra and eating Calif.  ;D

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Dee Marshall

What makes me unhappy is my current situation, detailed here https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?topic=203168.msg1958873.msg#1958873

But I'm happy because, since HRT, I can't maintain ANY level of depression for very long. Other than everything being in storage now, and me getting some rest, my situation, detailed above, is unchanged, yet at the moment I'm reasonably content and unstressed. And, by the way, that's despite having broken my mother's old vanity mirror which is older than me, while trying to get it into storage. It's in two pieces and once we're in a new place I'll cut a wall mirror and a hand mirror out of the pieces. Maybe do a mosaic with the remainder.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

maksim

My mom decided not to take me to school to get my sister's bass fixed instead despite the fact that I've needed to go for about a week now.
On the plus side, I got to play a bunch of nice pianos at the music store! None of them were as nice as my baby at home though :)

•  

strangemagic

I'm going to see one of my favorite shows in NYC this week, but I had to spend an arm and a leg to buy the ticket.  Don't have a whole lot of spending money now, but it'll be worth it.
  •  

FTMDiaries

I've been pretty much bedridden for 6 months due to a spinal injury, and when my GIC doctor weighed me last Friday she revealed that I've managed to put on a couple of kilos during that time. I need to be within very specific weight parameters for bottom surgery, and I was within 3kg of my target last year when I injured my back. So six months of being sedentary, plus having to lose this additional 5kg, will have set my bottom surgery back by a year. :(

So yeah, clearly I need to get back to exercising... but whilst I've been recovering, one my gyms has been undergoing refurbishment which has made it very difficult for me to use it, and the other one closed down completely. So I've signed up for my local Council-operated gym so I can get back to working out again. By pure coincidence I turned up on their open day when they were running some special offers, so I didn't have to pay the joining fee and I'm paying about £15 per month less than I was paying my previous gym! :)

I had my induction last night & after that I did a brief workout: only 10 minutes on a bike at a very low intensity level. I was totally wiped out after what should've been an easy workout so I've lost pretty much all of my accumulated fitness. But I know I can rebuild it; I've done it before so I know I can do it again.

•  

JeanetteLW

I'm going to visit my daughter and grand kids today.

I love visiting them but today I will be coming out to my daughter and son in law.

Butterflies and crocodiles

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Kylo

I always leave my essays until the last couple of hours before submission, I've been doing this for 3 years now, why do I do this. Today's was the culmination of 3 and 1/2 weeks' reading which I basically didn't do until last night and then only bothered reading the first 3 chapters I picked to write on, typed some attempt up after dinner, sent it off to the tutor and hoped for the best.

Even more bizarre is that I've been getting consistently good grades for all of them.

I suppose (hope) the Summer exam will be harder. I've become pretty damn complacent. . .
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Dee Marshall

I treated myself to two interesting beers at the local beer store.

They're not twist offs and the only opener we have in the hotel room is broken.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Honestly taking a shower it made me happy because i got a new shampoo and conditioner that smell simply lovely it made me sad because im still in the incorrect body which whenever i see myself nude it tends to depress me.
If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Dee Marshall on March 25, 2017, 05:13:01 PM
I treated myself to two interesting beers at the local beer store.

They're not twist offs and the only opener we have in the hotel room is broken.
There is more than one way to open a bottle however I always carry a bottle opener on my keychain though I never use it. Long story but it was a gift from Budweiser.
http://www.wikihow.com/Open-a-Bottle-Without-a-Bottle-Opener
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Michelle_P

I solved a mystery today!  I haven't been able to get my usual transfer of funds from where I have my retirement money to my bank account to work for a little while, which had me counting out slices of bread and and cans of soup in my pantry while sweating the rent.

Today I found out what had happened, and will be able to get to my funds again in time for the next rent check.

I'm going through a divorce, and awaiting the court orders that will let me split savings in joint accounts into accounts for me and my ex.  It turns out that my ex couldn't help but tinker, and changed the address on the accounts to their residence.  That triggered a security lockout on the account funds, blocking transfers out.

Hilarity ensued.

It will be All Better soon when either the lockout expires or that court order shows up.  This is getting a bit old.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

maksim

I was gendered correctly at the mall today!
... and then about ten minutes later in another store, a woman misgendered me and made multiple comments on my feminine body shape. But at least she helped me find a good pair of swim shorts!

•  

FTMDiaries

I saw both of my kids on the weekend. I had a lovely chat with my eldest (mostly about RuPaul's Drag Race, as per usual) but my youngest couldn't get away quickly enough.

Teenagers can be such hard work!

•  

Elis

Had to have another routine blood test this morning. But work just called and they can't turn the fire alarm off; so had to evacuate the building so no work  :)  :D
They/them pronouns preferred.

•