Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today? 2.0

Started by V M, January 06, 2015, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

Got to the GP at last for blood test report, liver and kidney function ok , cholesterol level below 5, and she is referring me to Daventry GIC as the waiting list is shorter. That was the good bit BUT would not prescribe me any HRT unless self medicating  . Will have to go to Gender GP and buy some but moneys tight and I need Electrolysis. Now I need a hug
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: davina61 on April 06, 2017, 12:54:21 PM
Got to the GP at last for blood test report, liver and kidney function ok , cholesterol level below 5, and she is referring me to Daventry GIC as the waiting list is shorter. That was the good bit BUT would not prescribe me any HRT unless self medicating  . Will have to go to Gender GP and buy some but moneys tight and I need Electrolysis. Now I need a hug
Huggggs! Sorry it can only be virtual.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

davina61

cheers Dee I could feel it before I logged on, cheered myself up wearing my new dress and trying to iron a fitted sheet and duvet powered by a large glass of red 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

JeanetteLW

(((((HUGGGGGG)))))7

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

•  

Sydney_NYC

Unhappy: Got a call from a collection agency for Sprint because they didn't credit my account for the returned phones that we leased (after we switched to T-Mobile) and I don't really owe them any money. (Thankfully I kept the receipt of the return.)

Happy: Despite me yelling and being upset, I still was gendered female the entire time.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

Kylo

Well I'm glad I got my diving gear back, I can get back to it

I may have to watch my blood count more closely though. Apnea can raise the RBC count, as does T.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

big kim

Found a great Sportster 1200R for sale
Someone already bought it by the time I called
  •  

Angela Drakken

Almost settled into the new appartment. Docs happy with my horomone levels and all other biological functions are normal. No red flags.

However with Easter work is scraping back our hours again and Its going to be a very tight month...

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

•  

V M

Went to my endo appt. It was a bit of a fiasco but ended well

First the transport driver was late picking me up, then the Dr. I visited the day before to get my referral approved spaced on faxing said approval letter so I wasn't then sure if I'd be seen or not

Some phone calls were made and I did get seen, but then the Dr. was asking me rather odd questions and I felt like I had prove that I was actually transgender

Then when I called the transport driver to be picked up he didn't respond and I started to wonder if I would be stranded and have to find some other way home, that would be a long walk and folks aren't real hep on picking up hitch hikers around here

Well, he finally showed and I did get home

On a high note, the gal who sets appt.s is an Aussie and a sweet dear rather cheery to chat with me a bit while setting my next appt.  ;D

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

maksim

I got my appointment for the endo after passing my final for English with an A! It's this Friday!

I then went to a really neat store that sells gemstones, and I got a cool tumbled sodalite. But when I paid and was leaving, the woman said to me and my sister: "Have a nice day, ladies!" No fun.

But it didn't ruin my day luckily!

•  

maksim

Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd share.

Today marked the start of a very rough upcoming week for me. I've cried a ton because of dysphoria and just general mental upset.

But while I cried, my mom held me and listened and talked me through it, and assured me that I'm not going to deal with this for much longer now that I've started T. Not only was she so caring in that way, she also went to Walmart to get me some supplies, including chocolate and some more KT tape for binding to relieve some of my chest dysphoria.

I'm so thankful for my mom!

•  

arice

I got a new haircut today and was "sirred" twice (Yay!) But both times the person apologized after noticing my chest. I really want top surgery but it's probably another 2 years to wait. :(

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

•  

Dee Marshall

I was properly gendered in court today.

But...

I had to  go to court.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

FTMDiaries

A very unpopular colleague is getting married, and a congratulatory card has been passed round the office for everyone to sign, along with an envelope for contributions towards a wedding gift. Before it came to me, there was so little money in the envelope that it equated to a generous(!) 88p per person. For our foreign readers, that's about the price of a can of Coke.

I was in two minds about what to do with my contribution. I usually give £5, but sometimes I'll give less if I don't get on with the person (or if they've been particularly nasty to me). I have strong views on this particular person, and I have evidence that they've tried to back-stab me several times over the years. But matching my colleagues' paltry contributions seemed a bit mean to me, and my usual fiver felt a bit much for this particular individual... so I decided to double their donations and rounded it up to £2.

A happy medium. But sheesh, it's still not nice to see that somebody is so disliked that people can't spare more than the cost of a can of Coke for their special day.  :-\

•  

Michelle_P

I was up early today for a CT scan, for measurements of the skull and jaw.

I was happy because this was a step forward in eventually correcting a half-century of testosterone damage to the bones and cartilage of the face.

I was unhappy because I had to peel off my hair for the scan, a big dysphoria trigger.  I got home and changed from the simple dress and leggings to an almost genderless jeans and pullover top, as I just wasn't comfortable in the dress any more.  (We MtF folks know THAT effect...)  I'll do some meditation for a few hours to try and get my head back together.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

V M

I crashed on my bicycle the other day  :P  A really pretty girl and a small black man stopped to see if I was okay

Felt a little embarrassed and got a bit banged up but was glad to know that there are still some people who care in this world 
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

BeckyCNJ

Found a wonderful new transgender-focused podcast! Realized I have a long way to go.
  •  

Laurie

((((HUGS)))) and another ((((((HUGS))))))

Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Michelle_P on May 18, 2017, 11:53:41 AM
I was up early today for a CT scan, for measurements of the skull and jaw.

I was happy because this was a step forward in eventually correcting a half-century of testosterone damage to the bones and cartilage of the face.

I was unhappy because I had to peel off my hair for the scan, a big dysphoria trigger.  I got home and changed from the simple dress and leggings to an almost genderless jeans and pullover top, as I just wasn't comfortable in the dress any more.  (We MtF folks know THAT effect...)  I'll do some meditation for a few hours to try and get my head back together.

Sounds like you need a hugs too Michelle.

(((((HUGS)))))

Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis