Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today? 2.0

Started by V M, January 06, 2015, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maksim

My fifth T shot was today, and Saturday will be one month I've been on T!

But there were some stubborn air bubbles in the syringe that WOULDN'T come out no matter how hard I flicked it, and now my fingers are sore from flicking it so much. But I managed to get the bubbles out eventually!

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: maksim on May 25, 2017, 01:02:43 PM
My fifth T shot was today, and Saturday will be one month I've been on T!

But there were some stubborn air bubbles in the syringe that WOULDN'T come out no matter how hard I flicked it, and now my fingers are sore from flicking it so much. But I managed to get the bubbles out eventually!

I dub thee Sir Bubbleflicker of York, Master of Testosterone.  ;D

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

maksim

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on May 25, 2017, 01:07:27 PM
I dub thee Sir Bubbleflicker of York, Master of Testosterone.  ;D

Hugs, Devlyn
Devlyn, you never fail to make me laugh! :laugh:

•  

Elis

Happy- 2 weeks to go until my initial consultation for top surgery :) :)

Unhappy- having to go into college and having to work :(
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

V M

Gave myself a good scare today  :P  I have what some folks refer to as a "Japostrat" because it is a Japanese made Stratocaster

I bought it at a pawn shop for not much dollar because my U.S.A. Strat. had gotten lifted at a gig and I needed something to get me through during a financial pinch plus I had a gig lined up for that night

I put quite a bit of the day into getting it set up nice with the action and all, well low and behold it became my favorite go-to guitar to play gigs with

I tend to like to look over just to admire it, well this time I looked and it was not there

Talk about making yourself a bowl of instant freak-out  :P  I felt like King Kong while I nearly turned the place inside out and thought about calling the police to confront my neighbors (As if they would want to be bothered over a guitar)

I finally found the darn thing somewhere that I would not normally think to put it and now the world is safe again LOL

Heavy Sigh, Catches Breath
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

maksim

I'm happy because I'm finally getting to see a nutritionist to aid me in losing weight and being healthy!

I'm unhappy because I'm finally getting to see a nutritionist and that means I have to say goodbye to my sensory-safe foods, and my body is already jarred by the new diet she put me on.

•  

V M

Stepping off of the bird feeling a bit battle worn landing on the tarmac with no-one there to greet you and even your own family is rude and insulting towards you, but then you see the smiles of children and their mothers about town and think "Yes, it was all worthwhile"
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

V M

A Greek man who owned a restaurant recognized me while I was in San Diego, it didn't matter what I ordered, it was on the house, What made me feel awkward is that he kept referring to me as Achilles

Not really a bad reference I guess  but I didn't really understand it

- V M
  •  

Sydney_NYC

(Yesterday) I was in the performance of a staged reading (as 7 characters) with Who Is My Neighbor? Inc., coLAB Arts and the NJ Pride Center of "The Laramie Project".

It was my first live performance on stage and exciting to work with several actors with a lot more experience and was a wonderful pleasure to be part of. However the content (about the Mathew Shepard incident that occurred in the 1990's in Laramie, Wyoming) was quiet heavy and now seems more relevant than it did this time last year.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

Devlyn

Happy: I went to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston and took in some art.

Unhappy: I went into the Henryk Ross exhibit. I lost track of time and ended up in tears like a lot of the other people there. I've been to Dachau, now I've seen Lodz. I just don't know how people can act  like that to each other.  :'(

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Transdude

I was happy cause I spent the whole day with gf. Unhappy cause it rained all damn day. She totally loves rainy weather. Never could figure out what's up with that. ???
Born 1990
Came out as trans 2003
Started T 2013
Met my gf late 2013
Top and facial surgery 2014
  •  

Elis

Happy- had my initial consultation for top surgery and was able to book the pre op appointment, surgery and post op appointment. Only 3 months to go :)

Unhappy- lost my debit card and was 30 mins late to the appointment due to trains being delayed or cancelled  >:(
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

FreyasRedemption

This is from a couple days back, but..

Happy: I'm staying at my grandparents' place, and a while back my grandmother and my cousin dug up a prom dress that used to belong to my aunt when she was around my age. And said dress is kept in a closet in the very room I'm staying in. I've managed to try it on a couple times, at night when everybody else in the house is soundly asleep.

Unhappy: The first night I tried it on, my grandpa went to get a drink in the middle of the night and was THIS close to seeing me. That situation didn't happen, thanks to me reacting quickly enough and managing to shut the lights before he realised I was still awake, but I really ought to be more careful. Also, I can't have the dress to myself, for obvious reasons, and because it doesn't entirely fit me size-wise.
There is a better tomorrow.
  •  

maksim

So I set up shop online today, selling some of my old clothes and anime figures that I have no desire to keep anymore.

What made me happy was the fact that almost immediately, a girl messaged me showing interest in one of my rarest and most valuable figures! I now have $100 in my PayPal balance!

And what made me unhappy was that on Poshmark, someone seemed to be interested in my Doc Martens, but that wasn't the case. That would've meant another $88 in my PayPal! So of course I messaged her about details... She responded telling me that she'd meet me in 2-3 days at my house and pay me with a check while she picked up the boots, and that she'd pay $50 extra for me to hold them. She asked for my full name, address, and cell phone number. I told her "no, I ship things out and I only use PayPal." To which she offered to mail the check to me, which would still require me to give her my full address. When I insisted that I only took PayPal, she got irritated and left with a really rude message.
So I either narrowly avoided being kidnapped or murdered just now, or I lost a chance to make some money. Either way I'm not about to give out my address and full name, wtf.

•  

V M

Nasty customers never make for good business, I think you made wise decision to put them off

- V M
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: maksim on June 13, 2017, 03:27:47 AM
So I either narrowly avoided being kidnapped or murdered just now, or I lost a chance to make some money.
Either that or you narrowly avoided being defrauded when the cheque bounced and you are left with no money and no merchandise and no way to contact or track down the buyer.  Good move to send them on their way.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Dena

Quote from: KathyLauren on June 13, 2017, 03:31:53 PM
Quote from: maksim on June 13, 2017, 03:27:47 AM
So I either narrowly avoided being kidnapped or murdered just now, or I lost a chance to make some money.
Either that or you narrowly avoided being defrauded when the cheque bounced and you are left with no money and no merchandise and no way to contact or track down the buyer.  Good move to send them on their way.
I had a bunch of checks taken and I closed the account within hours so I didn't lose any money. I am still waiting to see if somebody attempt to pass them for something like this. If you accept checks, you may want to use a PO box and then make it conditional that you wait two weeks before shipping the item to ensure the check clears. Now days, for the small seller, paypal is the way to go.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Ryuichi13

I'm a cosplayer, which means when I go to anime conventions, I dress up as an anime character.  This is a small thing, but for a cosplayer like myself, its important 

Good: I got my newest wig for my latest character in the mail a couple of days ago.  I have shoulder-length dreadlocks that has taken me years to grow but it also meant I needed to buy a bangs piece for the back of the wig so I can hide it when I put it in a ponytail. 

Bad: I tried on the wig with the bangs piece in the back for the first time soon after I got it.  But, I noticed that my 'locs pushed up the wig after a few minutes so that it looked kind of like a helmet.

I'm hoping that I can fix it with bobby pins.

I'm still thrilled that I finally got the wig and bangs piece I've wanted for months!

Ryuichi

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

•  

FTMDiaries

Quote from: Ryuichi13 on June 14, 2017, 12:19:42 AM
Bad: I tried on the wig with the bangs piece in the back for the first time soon after I got it.  But, I noticed that my 'locs pushed up the wig after a few minutes so that it looked kind of like a helmet.

I recommend looking up how drag queens achieve this: there are several who have dreads and they have various methods for wearing wigs over their dreads.

For example, Thorgy Thor also has long dreads, and she has various techniques for hiding them under her wigs. There's a >-bleeped-< thread about it here, including some links to Instagram pics showing some of her solutions. She generally cuts a hole in the top of the wig to push her dread bun through, then she pins another wig on top of it (sort of like a beehive). She also has different looks where she adds a hat to cover her dread bun, or she sometimes unravels them & leads them down her back. It all depends on the look she's trying to achieve.

Jaidynn Diore Fierce also has dreads, and she's made a about how she flattens them using pantyhose so she can top them with a wig. At the end of the vid, she's topped her long dreads with a short wig and it looks very convincing!

•  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: FTMDiaries on June 14, 2017, 11:15:37 AM
I recommend looking up how drag queens achieve this: there are several who have dreads and they have various methods for wearing wigs over their dreads.

For example, Thorgy Thor also has long dreads, and she has various techniques for hiding them under her wigs. There's a >-bleeped-< thread about it here, including some links to Instagram pics showing some of her solutions. She generally cuts a hole in the top of the wig to push her dread bun through, then she pins another wig on top of it (sort of like a beehive). She also has different looks where she adds a hat to cover her dread bun, or she sometimes unravels them & leads them down her back. It all depends on the look she's trying to achieve.

Jaidynn Diore Fierce also has dreads, and she's made a about how she flattens them using pantyhose so she can top them with a wig. At the end of the vid, she's topped her long dreads with a short wig and it looks very convincing!
Thank you SO MUCH for the wig video!  I watched it and even though my 'locs are thicker than Jayden's, I'm pretty positive that this method will work for me! *hugs you* [emoji2]

Ryuichi

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

•