Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today? 2.0

Started by V M, January 06, 2015, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarah1972

For the first time I took a 4 hour train ride fully dressed as Sarah (Happy)... Train was delayed and I had to pee, could not plug up the courage to go to the ladies room nor did I want to go to the mens room. It became quite uncomfortable after a while...

•  

maksim

Well, what made me unhappy was before I went to sleep this morning I was crying for about an hour because a K-Pop idol cut his gorgeous long hair AGAIN and now it looks like ramen noodles (even though I've known about this tragedy for a long time it just hit me out of nowhere), and I was so upset because he as a whole was literally goals. So in my exhausted stupor I took it upon myself to make videos detailing how I felt about the situation, and I was so upset while I made them that I was scared to watch them again when I woke up after my girlfriend told me to.

But she convinced me to watch them again... and oh my GOD, I could've cried laughing! They were so funny, I don't even know how I could've been upset while making those. My sister posted them on her Instagram and said "my brother won't stop sending me videos of Jeonghan and i can hear him crying next door" and if I had seen it before I slept I would've been so angry, but seeing it today made me laugh so hard!

•  

Devlyn

Unhappy: One of the goldfish died last night.  :(

Happy: The pleco sure made a good meal out of the goldfish.  :)
  •  

maksim

Unhappy: I have a sore throat that's been here for about a week, along with SO many voice cracks. I read somewhere that sore throats never happen when your voice changes, so I thought I was just getting sick.

Happy: I found out from an old thread on here that you CAN in fact get a sore throat when your voice drops, so that made me really excited! My voice might be dropping :)

•  

Dena

Quote from: maksim on June 21, 2017, 04:02:49 PM
Unhappy: I have a sore throat that's been here for about a week, along with SO many voice cracks. I read somewhere that sore throats never happen when your voice changes, so I thought I was just getting sick.

Happy: I found out from an old thread on here that you CAN in fact get a sore throat when your voice drops, so that made me really excited! My voice might be dropping :)
You might be fighting the pitch change when you are talking. The brain attempts to keep the voice where it was before and that can cause soreness if it reaches the point of voice abuse. The solution to this is to relax the muscles in your neck between your larynx and your jaw. This has the additional advantage that it should lower your voice even more. Let me know if you need help with this.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Elis

Quote from: maksim on June 21, 2017, 04:02:49 PM

Another weird thing you have to look forward too is your throat almost feeling sore without actually feeling painful or you just finding it hard to swallow. It's a hard feeling to describe but you'll know when it happens  ;)
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: Elis on June 21, 2017, 05:38:01 PM
Another weird thing you have to look forward too is your throat almost feeling sore without actually feeling painful or you just finding it hard to swallow. It's a hard feeling to describe but you'll know when it happens  ;)
I was going through voice-changing soreness pretty bad this past winter.  I found that drinking hot tea helps. 

Fortunatly for me, it seems that things have settled down for a bit.  My voice is currently nice and deep.  [emoji1] 

Ryuichi

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

•  

davina61

spent the day sorting stuff to go camping, cooked 2 cakes, made kebabs and a dhal , packed clothes and car  ;D then found when I went for a shower one of my new earrings is missing and hole is infected. searched flat and only went down to car once so looked there as well, well pissed cant see it and its not small. Only£5 so its not the cost but got them for this weekend . Mutter Mutter grrrrrrrrrr Edit and what has just peed me off , found the backing on bed room carpet, stood on it!!!!!!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

maksim

Happy: I finally figured out what was wrong with my song so I was able to fix it!

Unhappy: There turned out to be WAY more wrong with my song than I thought there was, so it required a LOT of fixing.

But it's okay now!

•  

Artesia

Went to the local Goodwill to buy shorts because I only have 1 pair.  Didn't find shorts but got my first ladies jeans, and a cute top.  Even better, it was the first time I was able to fit in a 2X shirt.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

eyesk8rboi

Taking the girl I'm interested in our to lunch....Glad I got to spend time with her and treat her, but oh that $45 dollars is gone. T_T I hate being pay-check to pay-check.
Steven Lee | 24 | Dog Dad | Beginner Figure Skater | Aspiring Writer

:icon_arrow:Started counseling on June 11th, 2017
:icon_arrow:Received HRT Letter on July 2nd, 2017
:icon_arrow:HRT Consultation with Doctor on July 16th, 2017

•  

Devlyn

Unhappy: 8:30, I better get on the way to work.  :(

Happy: As I rose from the chair, I realized it was Sunday, no work!  ;D
  •  

davina61

On that note, turned my alarm off as its Sunday, still woke up the same time!!!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Michelle_P

Sciencing!

I'm taking it easy today.  In the morning I get to be a lab rat again.  (No, silly, I don't identify as a lab rat...)   I'll be laying down and having my head stuck in the middle of a huge fMRI machine, while a research team does some deep functional brain mapping.  Contributing to research makes me happy.

Showing up at the lab at 6:45 AM, then being injected with various bizarre chemicals while I do the same thing over and over while holding my head very, very still makes me unhappy.  Especially without my morning coffee ☕️.

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

V M

Wow!!! I get totally claustrophobic whenever I've had to have an MRI  :o  All that whirling and clunky noises, I usually close my eyes and pretend I'm in a spaceship on a mission to Mars

The technician always seems to get a kick out it when I start counting down when the bed begins to move towards the tube,
10 9 8 7 .... Liftoff

Hope it goes well
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Devlyn

•  

Michelle_P

Well, I think they'll measure my prolactinoma while I'm in there.  Having that little monster makes me unhappy, but knowing for certain what it it doing brings certainty and that will make me happy, or at least content. 
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

V M

Apparently I have misplaced my current script glasses which are a bit pricey for me to replace :-\  While turning the place upside down searching for them I came across my my old snipe glasses and a night opt.s patch that never got sewn on

Not sure how I feel about that but one of my neighbors does have a serger sewing machine, maybe I should give the patch a home?

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Elis

Happy- passed all my assessments for my barbering course  :)

Unhappy- won't be able to look for a barbering job until after my top surgery; so I'm stuck working at a place I don't really like working at  :P
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

sarah1972

Unhappy: Dry Cleaner pricing for blouses... More than double of the old male shirts I am never gonna wear...

Happy: I got to drop of blouses at the dry cleaner  ;D

•