News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today? 2.0

Started by V M, January 06, 2015, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryuichi13

Quote from: Dee Marshall on July 11, 2017, 03:37:16 PM
Blame it on your parents, just like anyone else would. I knew a Cherry Pitts when I was growing up. Randi knew a Matt Tress.
I knew a girl named Tuesday Knight when I was at my first job. [emoji1]

Ryuichi

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

•  

Artesia

My nieces husbands 1st and middle names make him Batman.  His name is Bruce Wayne, enter last name here.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

maksim

Happy: It's my birthday!

Unhappy: I'm miserable on my birthday. :(

•  

eyesk8rboi

Technically yesterday and not today....But got my blood drawn and just waiting on my lab results and my T will be at the pharmacy, late this week or early next week. I'm happy because I finally get to start this part of my journey, but it made me sad because this is the end of chapter...I'm really sentimental so I starting think like...."My last photos pre-t....my last bit of time before my voice starts changing"....I'm not second guessing, I'm just sentimental and have never been a fan of change, even it's welcome. Such bitter sweetness!
Steven Lee | 24 | Dog Dad | Beginner Figure Skater | Aspiring Writer

:icon_arrow:Started counseling on June 11th, 2017
:icon_arrow:Received HRT Letter on July 2nd, 2017
:icon_arrow:HRT Consultation with Doctor on July 16th, 2017

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: LukaN on July 17, 2017, 03:03:21 PM
Happy: It's my birthday!

Unhappy: I'm miserable on my birthday. :(

Happy birthday, young man! Did you view your profile today? There's a surprise there.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

maksim

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on July 17, 2017, 06:30:28 PM

Happy birthday, young man! Did you view your profile today? There's a surprise there.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
Thanks Devlyn! :)
Dangit, I didn't look at my profile. I don't know what the surprise was and I can't find out now. :(

•  

Devlyn

Scroll to the very bottom right and click on anyone having a birthday today.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

maksim

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on July 18, 2017, 05:52:37 AM
Scroll to the very bottom right and click on anyone having a birthday today.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
Aw, that's cute!! :)

•  

Devlyn

You weren't around, so I ate yours for you.  ;D

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

KathyLauren

I watched the Halifax Pride Parade today.  Ran into some friends and saw a bunch more in the parade. 

And I saw my country's Prime Minister walking in the parade.  I am really happy to live in a country where that happens and is a source of Pride for average citizens.  I know that not everyone in the world is so lucky, and that makes me sad and unhappy.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

SueNZ

Quote from: sarah1972 on July 05, 2017, 11:58:03 AM
Unhappy: Dry Cleaner pricing for blouses... More than double of the old male shirts I am never gonna wear...

Happy: I got to drop of blouses at the dry cleaner  ;D
That's awesome Sarah, must be a great feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Treat life's difficult times as if they are normal moments, this makes the normal and special ones even more fantastic.
  •  

N A

The good: I'm doing wonderful at work. Been hearing positive feedback on my performance a lot and workmates want to hang out with me. Promotion and a raise coming up.

The bad: It's probably just me but can't help the feeling that there's an elephant in the room, and the better I'm doing at work the bigger it gets.

Thing is, I'm not exactly out at work and do not wish to be out for the time being, for reasons that go beyond my irrational fear of my co-workers and superiors of not being accepting or using the fact that I'm trans against me. But I'm not at all sure I'm good at hiding the fact I'm trans. I'm pre-everything and probably will stay that way, so it's not like I would suddenly grow a beard or something so people could start wondering, but still. I guess it's the prospect of being outed before I'm ready that bothers me really.

I've been here before, what with my unfounded fears and unnecessary anxiety, and deep down I know everything will turn out right this time just as it has before. In long term some people will find out, if not for any other reason then simply because I will want to out myself, and I think it unlikely that it will be an issue at all. Yet I still have these days when I feel eerily nervous about the whole thing and it sucks and why oh why do I have to go through this same thing in my head year after year after year, every goddamn time there's some change in my life, never mind how small and positive, it's the same thing all over.

I'm not so much looking for advice, I just wanted to put this here in a hope that someone would relate or has ever felt something remotely similar.
  •  

maksim

Happy: 3 months on T today!

Unhappy: I'm so depressed that I actually don't care about this milestone at all. It's just another day and another shot, after another month of feeling like my end goal for transition is hopelessly far away.

•  

Cindy

Quote from: LukaN on July 27, 2017, 04:53:29 AM

Unhappy: I'm so depressed that I actually don't care about this milestone at all. It's just another day and another shot, after another month of feeling like my end goal for transition is hopelessly far away.

Well you man that is a bit silly! You've made 3 months and have coped, you have been posting and I see that you are happier. Your posts are brighter. You are enjoying life more and you have had a birthday. You're 3 months closer to your goal.

Depression is something most of us live with and I understand how damn hard it can be but you are moving forward.

You are a really great guy and I like to read your posts even if I don't always respond to them. This time I have and that makes me happy.

Love

Cindy

•  

Devlyn

Unhappy: I'm a transgender veteran.  :(

Happy: I'm a transgender veteran.   :)

Fierce: I'm a transgender veteran.   :icon_userfriendly:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Elis

Quote from: LukaN on July 27, 2017, 04:53:29 AM

Echoing what Cindy said; you've made it 3 months without giving it up is still an achievement. Try focusing on how much fewer the depression days are compared to being pre T.

The first year is definitely the hardest to get through. But after that it gets easier and you start looking how you feel you should look. 7 months sounds a long time but it'll fly by.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

N A

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on July 27, 2017, 06:17:06 AM
Unhappy: I'm a transgender veteran.  :(

Happy: I'm a transgender veteran.   :)

Fierce: I'm a transgender veteran.   :icon_userfriendly:

I'm not American nor eligible for military service but I feel for you.

I've been avoiding reading the latest news because I know I don't want to hear any of that bs and it would only make me feel miserable. Then I happened to watch this BBC video in my Fb timeline, there was this very smart and adorable transwoman who had served in the US military talking about her views on topic. I thought the video heartwarming, doubted anyone in their right mind would want to disagree with her and so I figured that it would be safe to read some comments. Just to see people posting something nice and encouraging.

...right. Well, no such luck. One day I will hopefully learn not to go there.
  •  

Devlyn

It's the people who have came out and are now left wondering what happens next  that I'm concerned about.
  •  

N A

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on July 27, 2017, 12:27:11 PM
It's the people who have came out and are now left wondering what happens next  that I'm concerned about.

Yeah, same. Obviously I haven't been following what's going on in the US army as closely as you most likely have, but I understood things had started to look better already in recent years. Sucks that this trend seems to go backwards now.
  •  

maksim

Quote from: Cindy on July 27, 2017, 05:10:34 AM
Well you man that is a bit silly! You've made 3 months and have coped, you have been posting and I see that you are happier. Your posts are brighter. You are enjoying life more and you have had a birthday. You're 3 months closer to your goal.

Depression is something most of us live with and I understand how damn hard it can be but you are moving forward.

You are a really great guy and I like to read your posts even if I don't always respond to them. This time I have and that makes me happy.

Love

Cindy

Thank you Cindy, I appreciate it. I struggle with bipolar and this recent depressive episode has been VERY intense, and they tend to last several months at least. It's difficult right now to see that I'm moving forward, but thank you for reminding me that I am. :)

Quote from: Elis on July 27, 2017, 08:19:39 AM
Echoing what Cindy said; you've made it 3 months without giving it up is still an achievement. Try focusing on how much fewer the depression days are compared to being pre T.

The first year is definitely the hardest to get through. But after that it gets easier and you start looking how you feel you should look. 7 months sounds a long time but it'll fly by.

Thanks Elis. Again, I struggle with bipolar and most recently pre-T I was in a state of hypomania, so the depression is actually much worse now than it was before. It's probably the worst depression I've ever had, I don't recall ever feeling this bad even as a younger teenager.

I've heard the first year is the hardest but you're right, time will fly. 3 months has already gone by so fast that it's actually just a big blur, even if it feels more like it's taking forever a lot of the time.
Thank you for the encouragement, I appreciate it. :)

•