Happy: I'm a transgender veteran.   :)

Fierce: I'm a transgender veteran.   :icon_userfriendly:

Hugs, Devlyn

I'm right there with you.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Michelle_P

The construction crew is outside banging away on something or other on what used to be my balcony.  The windows are all covered in plastic sheeting.  Everything smells like industrial solvents.

So, I'm going for a walk, for coffee, and a little late, for lunch with friends.  In spite of it all, life is good.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

KageNiko

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on July 27, 2017, 12:27:11 PM
It's the people who have came out and are now left wondering what happens next  that I'm concerned about.
That would be me x.x
But hey, At least I know what I want out of life now.  That's my silver lining!
Also, this is my 100th post! WooO!
Hey all, I've created a new account because my life has begun anew.  This is to protect my identity.  Thanks for your understanding!
  •  

Devlyn

Big hug! Brandi, you and Dusty were at the front of my thoughts when I posted it. We've drawn a lot of veterans and active duty members to the site and I do worry about them all.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Devlyn

Went to the graveyard where my parents are today. Stopped and talked. Gave explanations, mentioned regrets, offered apologies, and extended forgiveness.
  •  

maybeventually

Happy: Having hairs on my face fall out from laser
Sad: Hair on my face, I've already had 14 sessions of Alexandrite Laser (just switched to 3rd technician)
  •  

Artesia

Had an interview that took an hour yesterday.  Won't know until tomorrow whether or not I got the job.

•  

Michelle_P

I was already on the train, one stop away, when I got a call from the therapists office canceling group.

So, rather than turn around and head back to 100 degree weather I stayed on into  cool San Francisco, and went out to dinner. Grilled chicken and apple salad, a nice Chardonnay, and blackberry sorbet for dessert.

Home will be much cooler now, and I am refreshed.

The unexpected offers both positive and negative opportunities. It's up to us to see both and choose wisely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Dee Marshall

Eating lunch al fresco in Boca Raton wearing a new pink sarong as I meander to Key West.

At last count four wardrobe malfunctions. Is that a problem or a feature? There's a trick to this thing! It would help if the sarong was a little bigger. Around my neck it's hard to knot. Worn strapless my boobs pop out.

I'll get a picture of me in it over the next few days. (Without my boobs popped out!) I intend to wear the heck outta this thing! At $16 I may get another.

:

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!

Think outside the voice box!

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

maksim

Happy: I'm getting the beginnings of a mustache!

Unhappy: Even though I'm happy that my T-levels are good enough to give me more peach fuzz, I'm unhappy because that means I'm gonna have to start shaving within the next year or so. ::)

•  

N A

I outed myself to someone a while ago and didn't expect it to go well, I thought I'd never hear from this person again. But I did, which is nice. So I'm happy for that.

I'm also unhappy because so far we haven't touched this topic again. I'm not sure whether it's because they think it's awkward or they are being polite or just don't care one way or another. And I get it, if you are friends with someone you don't want to offend them, and I suppose I should appreciate that. But at the same time it makes me feel as if me being trans is not something I should talk about so openly as no one cares

And it's not like this happened with just this one friend, I often get the same feeling if I happen to mention my identity issues in passing. Like people are fine with it but won't discuss it. It probably shouldn't be a big deal, but.
  •  

HoneyStrums

So just before I left work today, Sombody made a joke about me, They messaged somebody else, saying i borrowed an "adult vedio" off of them.

And continued to have a lil conversation with them, the person on the other end texted. "no not "honeystrums" she will be too busy on skype bashing her bishop for her boyfriend" What got me was this person w
is a manger (I expected better) and they couldn't look at me without stooping into laughing fits for the last hour of work. It was annoying, totally embarrassing and realy pissed me off. And this manager has the nerve to come up to me and ask whats wrong after they finally compose themselves.

I grit my teeth a did, I bit my tongue. I smiled and said. From now on you aint going to get a single response from me unless you reffer to me as Miss "Family name" And I mean it.

Im un-happy and disappointed that it happened, But I feel kind of good about asserting my Legal tital for the first time ever.
  •  

Artesia

Went to the store today in my work uniform.  Took of my name tag and male glasses.  I used my women's voice, in training.

Happy:  I didn't get a sir a single time.

Sad:  Didn't get a mam either.

•  

KathyLauren

I got mansplained today.  Talking on a forum about weather and how frost-free days and fall first frost dates are extremely sensitive to climate change and have changed significantly over the past few decades at the specific location under discussion.  I was the main weather observer at that location for many years and have good data available, some of which I shared.

Someone replied today with a bunch of irrelevant BS and denying my data without evidence.

Unhappy: having to listen to twits.
Happy: at least the twit perceived me as female.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

eyesk8rboi

This one is kind of emotional so here goes nothing....
As some people on this thread may know, I lost my aunt a little over a month ago. It was really hard for me, because we are close in age than she is to my mother, and we grew up as siblings under my grandmother's care (my mom worked and I was homeschooled, not absentee mother, my mom is awesome)....
She was pregnant and all she wanted to be in life was a mother...She passed away suddenly, and had recently moved all the way across the country.
Friday marked an exact month since she passed and it was supposed to be my sad day...but all of last week and going forward into this week I cannot get her off my mind...
I dreamed of her Monday night but couldn't remember the dream on Tuesday and simply woke up thinking I'd dreamed of her and having her on my mind....
Last night I know I dreamed of her, and she actually told me her cause of death in the dream. It was big medical terms so all I remember was "cardiovascular" and the rest is blurry...I tried and tried googling everything I could to refresh, but all I was finding was heart attack and heart failure, which is what we were all pretty sure it was....

I am happy, because I feel her with me, and I happy to dream about her, and I am happy to know that what took her was natural and could not be helped, and happy that I no longer have to harbor this unhealthy idea that I may have to murder her fiancee if I found out he killer her....

But I am unhappy because she is still gone, she didn't deserve to die, and grief logic has me angry thinking that her fiancee could have done more to prevent her death, even though he couldn't...So there's that.
Steven Lee | 24 | Dog Dad | Beginner Figure Skater | Aspiring Writer

:icon_arrow:Started counseling on June 11th, 2017
:icon_arrow:Received HRT Letter on July 2nd, 2017
:icon_arrow:HRT Consultation with Doctor on July 16th, 2017

•  

Thessa

Happy: They thought that I'm my sister (knew my male persona from a past encounter)

Unhappy: "I will call you brother to talk about the next steps"

When he spoke to male-me he used the name of the machines they will use. Today it was just the machine(s).
  •  

KathyLauren

Unhappy: Well, the pic speaks for itself...

Happy: I was able to get it fixed without any paperwork.  Just 20 minutes in voicemail hell.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

maksim

I did my makeup for the first time in a while, and I'd forgotten how much I love makeup while being under the pressure to be as masculine as possible. Now that I'm more secure in my gender identity, it's easier to do the things I enjoy without feeling ashamed of them, and my family has started putting less and less pressure on me to be masculine.

Happy: I feel pretty, and my mom told me I looked pretty.
Unhappy: I need to shave my slight facial hair and my legs, and my body dysphoria is getting kind of bad since I want to have the right body to go with my prettiness (AKA a pretty male body) but I don't have it. One day, folks.

•  

Elis

Quote from: maksim on October 05, 2017, 12:52:33 PM
Unhappy: I need to shave my slight facial hair and my legs, and my body dysphoria is getting kind of bad since I want to have the right body to go with my prettiness (AKA a pretty male body) but I don't have it. One day, folks.

Having the same issues :P
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

maksim

•