News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today? 2.0

Started by V M, January 06, 2015, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

Quote from: V M on February 27, 2018, 07:06:08 PM
It's a "just friends" kinda thing but it's been nice to have some company again for a change

I can totally relate to that.  Isolation is the pits.  Did that off and on in Texas.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

After a lengthy absence the sun has appeared  ;D  Unfortunately that does not guarantee any semblance of warmth quite yet where I live  :-\
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on March 04, 2018, 03:31:56 PM
After a lengthy absence the sun has appeared  ;D  Unfortunately that does not guarantee any semblance of warmth quite yet where I live  :-\

March 21st - 1st day of Spring......................................
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

Quote from: Cassi on March 04, 2018, 03:51:42 PM
March 21st - 1st day of Spring......................................

Yeah, Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and PTSD are a pretty messed up mix to have in one's 'Nut Basket' but I'll get through it somehow... I think
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on March 04, 2018, 04:00:27 PM
Yeah, Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and PTSD are a pretty messed up mix to have in one's 'Nut Basket' but I'll get through it somehow... I think

My late wife and I were married on April 1st (not as a joke but the necessity of getting her covered by med insurance).  First wife had to be married on the 1st day of Spring so I guess that makes me have to remember it every year.

Hang in there!!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Dee Marshall

I'm at the endo this afternoon.

On the good side I now only have to come here once a year instead of twice.

On the negative side she ordered a bone density scan in addition to the usual blood work.

On the really negative side if the blood work and the scan don't go my way there's a 24 hour urine test in my future. Yuck!

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Sarah_P

I've finished 10 hours of electrolysis, but I've that's barely a drop in the bucket to reach the end....
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

V M

I was looking in the mirror before my shower and thinking... "Oh my, but I don't look half bad for a gal my age"  :icon_chick:

Then I saw it, the annoying dangler looking all limp and sad and I began to commiserate along with it a bit  :-\

Then thought "Well, we'll have to do something about that" and skipped along to get on with my day  ;D

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on March 10, 2018, 07:02:17 PM
I was looking in the mirror before my shower and thinking... "Oh my, but I don't look half bad for a gal my age"  :icon_chick:

Then I saw it, the annoying dangler looking all limp and sad and I began to commiserate along with it a bit  :-\

Then thought "Well, we'll have to do something about that" and skipped along to get on with my day  ;D

That darn thing - makes it nearly impossible to sit like a proper lady!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I sold my lathe today.  A Cincinnati 12.5" x 48" tray top metal cutting lathe.  They really don't make them like that beast any more.  I'll miss that thing.

On the up side this will cover round 2 and part of my final SRS prep electro treatment.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on March 11, 2018, 07:16:09 PM
I sold my lathe today.  A Cincinnati 12.5" x 48" tray top metal cutting lathe.  They really don't make them like that beast any more.  I'll miss that thing.

On the up side this will cover round 2 and part of my final SRS prep electro treatment.

Kewl
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: V M on March 10, 2018, 07:02:17 PM

@ V M:  That is unfortunately a thought that goes through many of our minds.   When I get out of the shower and look in the mirror, sometimes I am still in disbelief at seeing the woman staring back at me.   
I try to always direct my gaze above the hips....  I like what I see there best!!!!
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Roll

Was scheduled for my second laser today, but the lady was having an issue and had to reschedule. Unfortunately, that is a big problem for me with car situation. By pure luck it worked out and I can get a ride with my dad tomorrow morning, but now I'm going to have to wait around for like 4 hours doing nothing. Was already even on the road headed out there when she texted me asking to reschedule. Just.. irritating to say the least.

But what did get my spirits up a bit is that I was nearby where my favorite childhood pizza place moved to, Pizza Inn, a somewhat small chain. No one ever wants to go there because supposedly it had gotten terrible since I left originally, but I saw it in the list of nearby places and it had a 4.7, so I said forget other people being whiners, I'm going and just finding out for myself. Well, it was perfect. Exactly how I remembered, and it was just a very pleasant return to an easier time in my life, before I spiraled down in my late teens and 20s. Seriously, I probably put the delivery guy's kids through college off of tips. They had a great buffet for like 8 bucks, and would put any pizza you wanted out on it. Thin crust pepperoni and hamburger from pizza inn, the food that I ate literally twice a week growing up. Fresh, delicious, and every bit as good as I remembered. They also have amazing cinnamon rolls, a great salad bar (not that I paid attention to it as a kid), and more... but that pizza, oh dear god, it was so good. I probably ate 2000 calories for lunch alone, but you know what? I don't care. That was 100% worth it.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Dee Marshall on March 06, 2018, 01:24:45 PM
I'm at the endo this afternoon.

On the good side I now only have to come here once a year instead of twice.

On the negative side she ordered a bone density scan in addition to the usual blood work.

On the really negative side if the blood work and the scan don't go my way there's a 24 hour urine test in my future. Yuck!

Your comment on the bone density scan scared me - my doctor wants me to have one too.  What gives?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Cassi on March 12, 2018, 02:53:52 PM
Your comment on the bone density scan scared me - my doctor wants me to have one too.  What gives?
Bone density by it self isn't so critical. It looks for osteoporosis, which is treatable. I have hypercalcemia and the scan was to make sure the extra calcium wasn't leached from my bones. It wasn't. My bones are fine.

Hypercalcemia can lead to kidney stones and I don't know what all else. I should look, I suppose.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Dee Marshall on March 12, 2018, 04:11:09 PM
Bone density by it self isn't so critical. It looks for osteoporosis, which is treatable. I have hypercalcemia and the scan was to make sure the extra calcium wasn't leached from my bones. It wasn't. My bones are fine.

Hypercalcemia can lead to kidney stones and I don't know what all else. I should look, I suppose.

Thanks Dee, you had me worried for a few minutes.  More of a precautionary test then?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Cassi on March 12, 2018, 04:12:35 PM
Thanks Dee, you had me worried for a few minutes.  More of a precautionary test then?
Yeah. I just looked at the causes. Some of them are not so nice. However one of my doctors had me on vitamin D. That could well have caused it. I won't worry until I have cause to worry.

The funny thing is that hypercalcemia isn't common in men below 63, so if I have it my hormones must be making a difference.

Bright side.

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Dee Marshall on March 12, 2018, 04:18:06 PM
Yeah. I just looked at the causes. Some of them are not so nice. However one of my doctors had me on vitamin D. That could well have caused it. I won't worry until I have cause to worry.

The funny thing is that hypercalcemia isn't common in men below 63, so if I have it my hormones must be making a difference.

Bright side.

Interesting you mention Vitamin D, my doctor also had prescribed that and once while looking at blood tests I noted it was noted I had a low count for it.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Roll on March 12, 2018, 02:41:36 PM
I probably ate 2000 calories for lunch alone, but you know what? I don't care. That was 100% worth it.

Sometimes a little taste of nostalgia is worth the extra calories.  :D
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Roll on March 12, 2018, 02:41:36 PM
Was scheduled for my second laser today, but the lady was having an issue and had to reschedule. Unfortunately, that is a big problem for me with car situation. By pure luck it worked out and I can get a ride with my dad tomorrow morning, but now I'm going to have to wait around for like 4 hours doing nothing. Was already even on the road headed out there when she texted me asking to reschedule. Just.. irritating to say the least.

But what did get my spirits up a bit is that I was nearby where my favorite childhood pizza place moved to, Pizza Inn, a somewhat small chain. No one ever wants to go there because supposedly it had gotten terrible since I left originally, but I saw it in the list of nearby places and it had a 4.7, so I said forget other people being whiners, I'm going and just finding out for myself. Well, it was perfect. Exactly how I remembered, and it was just a very pleasant return to an easier time in my life, before I spiraled down in my late teens and 20s. Seriously, I probably put the delivery guy's kids through college off of tips. They had a great buffet for like 8 bucks, and would put any pizza you wanted out on it. Thin crust pepperoni and hamburger from pizza inn, the food that I ate literally twice a week growing up. Fresh, delicious, and every bit as good as I remembered. They also have amazing cinnamon rolls, a great salad bar (not that I paid attention to it as a kid), and more... but that pizza, oh dear god, it was so good. I probably ate 2000 calories for lunch alone, but you know what? I don't care. That was 100% worth it.

Roll... only 2000 calories!!  Good luck getting rescheduled for your Laser treatment.... perhaps another 2000 calories when you schedule the appointment again!!!!!!
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •