Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today? 2.0

Started by V M, January 06, 2015, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

While looking for some picture hanging stuff I found a ring I'd lost about ten or so years ago
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on March 23, 2018, 01:36:49 AM
While looking for some picture hanging stuff I found a ring I'd lost about ten or so years ago

Wow.  So that's what slip through the void.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Sarah_P

A woman patron that's been very supportive of me came into work today with her adorable little granddaughter. Grandma says 'Hey, there's Miss Sarah! Can you say hi to Miss Sarah?'  :) . The little girl (maybe 3 yo?) looks at me for a moment, shakes her head & says 'no.'.  :(
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Allison S

Getting weird looks, still getting called he and stuff but mostly feel like I look weird since now my masculine features are just way off. This is the price I'm willing to pay to get to where I need to be, but it does suck and take a toll in the moment...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

TicTac

A miracle happened this morning and an old game I have been wanting to play finally worked on my laptop! So that was awesome.

I am a bit unhappy that I can't find anymore skelanimals to purchase due to the fact that they stopped making them I guess. I mean, there are still some to buy but I do not like any of the ones that are available. Hey, the fact that I am unhappy over stuffed animals means my day is actually going pretty well lol .
  •  

Dee Marshall

Randi and I went shopping today. I saw two dresses and a pair of tights I absolutely loved but I don't have the money for them just now.

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Sinead

I'm having an extremely bad week dysphoria wise, I feel numb to the core, and completely empty. The facial hair removal cream I tried didn't work, I'm 2 sessions through laser hair removal and I'm terrified that it's not going to work.

I'm loving having hairless arms, they're so smooth, it makes me feel good :)
  •  

Allison S

My sister asked if I want to become a woman. She said I'm looking different. I haven't told her. Then someone calls me sir later.. It's only 1:30pm. Can't I just be genderless already to make this transition a bit easier?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

TicTac

Quote from: Allison S on April 05, 2018, 12:30:13 PM
My sister asked if I want to become a woman. She said I'm looking different. I haven't told her. Then someone calls me sir later.. It's only 1:30pm. Can't I just be genderless already to make this transition a bit easier?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Not being seen as a woman sucks big time, and I am sorry you are going through that. Unfortunately the changes come slowly but it will happen eventually or at least I hope so. Maybe this reply is a bit predictable, and I wish I knew how to make the perfect reply to make you feel better, but I do hope that you will become happy someday!

I hope this reply does not come off as weird or anything, as I am just trying to be friendly and helpful in some way.

•  

TicTac

Quote from: Sinead on April 05, 2018, 08:23:20 AM
I'm having an extremely bad week dysphoria wise, I feel numb to the core, and completely empty. The facial hair removal cream I tried didn't work, I'm 2 sessions through laser hair removal and I'm terrified that it's not going to work.

I'm loving having hairless arms, they're so smooth, it makes me feel good :)

Yeah, most creams tend to be complete crap unfortunately. Laser hair removal does work, but it takes quite a few sessions. I will say that it is WAY better then electrolysis as that is like the worst hell I have ever been through pain wise. So yeah, just give it some time and you will see results.
  •  

Allison S

Thanks. I know you've been through similar experience at one point, as most of us have, so it does help to hear. I also know not to compare my journey to others... it's just really hard not to have a guide or map to follow, you know? So much is unexpected, not gauranteed and just so scary..

•  

KathyLauren

Back in September, my HRT doctor referred me to a shrink for one of my surgery referral letters.  It's been seven months, so I called the psychiatrist just to confirm that I was still on the list.  The good news: yes, I am still on the waiting list.  The bad news: they have no idea when I will hear about an appointment.    >:(
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Sydney_NYC

Over the last two days:

Thursday:

Unhappy: My purse was stolen with my ID, $55 in cash and all my credit/debit cards. Thankfully my keys and phone were on me.

Somewhat Happy: There is a video of the thieves (and man/woman couple) using one of my cards at a nearby Footlocker that I couldn't cancel until later because Barclay's Bank's computer system was down. Jersey City police seemed like they really cared and are going to be able to get the video from the Footlocker store. I have the detective's contact information including E-MAIL address.

Friday:

Unhappy: Spent 2½ hours at the NJ DMV to get my replacement license. Glad I had my passport since I can't change my TN birth certificate so I didn't have to out myself.

Somewhat Happy: Since my license expired in June, I was allowed to just go ahead and renew it so I don't have to go back again for another 4 years. I did get a better picture sort of.... my old license picture was taken 6 months on HRT. With the prison photo filter that the DMV uses here (and you're not allowed to smile) instead of looking like an androgynous serial killer, I look like a female serial killer.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

Allison S

•  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Sydney_NYC on April 07, 2018, 12:27:56 AM
Over the last two days:

Thursday:

Unhappy: My purse was stolen with my ID, $55 in cash and all my credit/debit cards. Thankfully my keys and phone were on me.

Somewhat Happy: There is a video of the thieves (and man/woman couple) using one of my cards at a nearby Footlocker that I couldn't cancel until later because Barclay's Bank's computer system was down. Jersey City police seemed like they really cared and are going to be able to get the video from the Footlocker store. I have the detective's contact information including E-MAIL address.

Friday:

Unhappy: Spent 2½ hours at the NJ DMV to get my replacement license. Glad I had my passport since I can't change my TN birth certificate so I didn't have to out myself.

Somewhat Happy: Since my license expired in June, I was allowed to just go ahead and renew it so I don't have to go back again for another 4 years. I did get a better picture sort of.... my old license picture was taken 6 months on HRT. With the prison photo filter that the DMV uses here (and you're not allowed to smile) instead of looking like an androgynous serial killer, I look like a female serial killer.
Sydney I'm so sorry! I hope it all gets straightened out soon. New York is bad, too. Not only can we not smile, but the picture is black and white. Ugh!

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Sarah_P

--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Allison S

Quote from: Sarah_P on April 07, 2018, 09:07:56 AM
This is a very wise and insightful statement. And I agree.
[emoji4] thanks, such an amazing yet awful food lol

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Allison S on April 07, 2018, 11:00:16 AM
[emoji4] thanks, such an amazing yet awful awesome food lol

There ya go Allison. Fixed it for ya.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Steph2.0 on April 07, 2018, 12:17:15 PM
There ya go Allison. Fixed it for ya.

Stephanie
[emoji23] maybe if it was 0 calories!

•  

PollyQMcLovely

I've been indulging in a new daydream today. It involves me going home for the first time in nearly twenty years. When I get off the plane I'm post-SRS, post name change, the effects of HRT are clearly showing, my fingernails are painted, my hair is grown out, I'm wearing a pretty dress and my parents are happy to see me. This will never happen.
  •