News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today? 2.0

Started by V M, January 06, 2015, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thea

Happy, happy, happy! ;D

After years of trying to find doctors and therapists in my small town, I'm finally making progress.
I had my first therapy session today and the Dr. said I'm clearly and positively transgender and that she will have a letter written for me very soon.
I also found an endocrinologist in my town that has experience with mtf hrt and so will be setting up an intake appoint within the week!

To have so much happening so quickly after so long feeling like I was against a brick wall has me elated beyond belief.
Veteran, U.S. Army

First awareness of my true nature 1971
Quit alcohol & pot 10/22/14
First acceptance of my true nature 10/2015
Started electrolysis 9/12/17
Begun Gender Therapy 7/06/18
Begun HRT 8/01/18
Quit tobacco 11/23/18

•  

4A-GZE

So, I recently broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years. It's been about a month and a half though, and I've started looking to date again. Fired up OKCupid and.... now I have two beautiful women interested in me. That's both great and terrible, because, on the one hand, I'm not really one that this ever happens to; I've been in three relationships, two of which only lasted a couple months. I've never had more than one person into me at the same time. So this is a real boost of confidence.
But then there's the bad side of it: I have to choose. One is really sweet, mentally stable, (I have depression and anxiety; it's hard to date someone else with the same sort of disorders) and going to school to become a doctor. She's way out of my league.
The other has no job, no car, and matching mental disorders. That doesn't mix well with me. But we have SO MUCH in common. Way more than the other.
I could be shallow and just pick the most attractive one, but... they're both gorgeous. So even that doesn't work.

I think I'm set on the future doctor, though. She seems to be the better fit long-term, but still.
  •  

V M

I had just put a pot of coffee on to brew and was going to make some toast when the wall outlet with built in surge protector in my kitchen went "Pop" - Okay no problem, but then it wouldn't reset  :-\   So I take the toaster into the bathroom to make toast and was about to take the coffee maker in there as well, not sure what to do about the microwave

So after all this half awake drama I give it another go and it resets just fine  ???  LOL

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Dena

Quote from: V M on July 15, 2018, 04:50:48 PM
I had just put a pot of coffee on to brew and was going to make some toast when the wall outlet with built in surge protector in my kitchen went "Pop"
That isn't a surge protector. It's a Ground Fault Interrupter (GFI) and it's designed to cut the power if there is a risk of electrocution. They can be a little oversensitive and trip without reason but if a device regularly trips it, you might have a defective device. I once had a very old radio that sometimes leaked power to the case and if it had been connected to a GFI, it would have tripped it. Any new build and remodeling normally requires they be installed around plumbing for safety reasons.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

V M

Quote from: Dena on July 15, 2018, 05:33:22 PM
That isn't a surge protector. It's a Ground Fault Interrupter (GFI) and it's designed to cut the power if there is a risk of electrocution. They can be a little oversensitive and trip without reason but if a device regularly trips it, you might have a defective device. I once had a very old radio that sometimes leaked power to the case and if it had been connected to a GFI, it would have tripped it. Any new build and remodeling normally requires they be installed around plumbing for safety reasons.

Mmmm, learn something new everyday - Probably the oldest thing there is the toaster, might be time for a new one
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Thessa

Got me a new pair of jeans.
Four year ago I had 34/34 now it's 30/34. That made me really happy but where are the damn pockets? [emoji6]
  •  

Faith

after weeks of feeling good I've been a bit down. My wife and I tracked it down. I had guesstimated 4 weeks of up, not quite. While working out a time table we found that my mood swings down the first week of each month. It's happened 4 times in 4 months counting this one.

¿happy? ..... I get monthly cyclic mood swings
¿unhappy? .. I get monthly cyclic mood swings

at least I know .....
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Faith on September 04, 2018, 10:34:45 AM
after weeks of feeling good I've been a bit down. My wife and I tracked it down. I had guesstimated 4 weeks of up, not quite. While working out a time table we found that my mood swings down the first week of each month. It's happened 4 times in 4 months counting this one.

at least I know .....

@Faith
Dear Faith:
Well, like you said, at least you know.   Now you and your wife can be prepared for this reoccurring event.
This kind of thing has been reported many times, so you are not alone.

I have never experienced that kind of thing, I will consider myself very fortunate.

By the way.... thank you for returning and continuing to post on your thread and the various threads around the forums.  I am always eager to read what you have to say as you share your thoughts with all of your fans.... and do know that your forums friends are some of your biggest fans in your transition journey.

Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on September 04, 2018, 10:34:45 AM

at least I know .....

This is definitely a thing. I seemed to experience this for at least the first eight months of HRT. It seems to be less of an issue now that the causes of a lot of the former anxiety have been addressed, so there are fewer things to freak out over. I didn't notice it at the end of last month, which is when it used to happen. Things are pretty good right now. If it holds true for everyone, it'll get better.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

big kim

Out shopping & I told a guy he shouldn't be parking his car in the motorcycle bay as I had a hard job putting my bike in. He was with his kid, told me not his f****** problem then told his kid it's OK to hate bikers & T******. Had alaugh when I saw a traffic warden writing him out a ticket though!
  •  

SueNZ

Michele has asked me tonight how I would like to be dressed when I die, as Sue or Peter. She said she already has some thoughts, nails done, undergarments etc. Happy because she cares enough to wonder [emoji106]. Unhappy as I am only 51 and no health issues [emoji22]. Might start cooking my own meals. 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Treat life's difficult times as if they are normal moments, this makes the normal and special ones even more fantastic.
  •  

Sonja

Quote from: SueNZ on September 18, 2018, 04:14:40 AM
Michele has asked me tonight how I would like to be dressed when I die, as Sue or Peter. She said she already has some thoughts, nails done, undergarments etc. Happy because she cares enough to wonder [emoji106]. Unhappy as I am only 51 and no health issues [emoji22]. Might start cooking my own meals. 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@SueNZ  LOL Sue - I'd be a bit worried if I were you...laughed when I read this!!
Getting 3 dresses from my wife for my birthday this weekend!!

Sonja.
  •  

Faith

Unhappy: I snuck doughnuts to work to eat.
happy: I'm eating the doughnuts

That's all I got. It sucks being in a good mood. :D
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

davina61

Happy as I got a skirt in sale and a scarf/wrap, unhappy as cant find jacket or top to go with the dress for Sat
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

4A-GZE

I just got ten pounds of M&Ms for free. The bad thing is they have peanuts in 'em. I'll still enjoy them, but I'd rather have 10lbs of straight chocolate.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: 4A-GZE on September 19, 2018, 10:41:37 AM
I just got ten pounds of M&Ms for free. The bad thing is they have peanuts in 'em. I'll still enjoy them, but I'd rather have 10lbs of straight chocolate.

@4A-GZE

What???  10 POUNDS???   That would make me happy too.
Where do I sign up?

Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Sonja on September 18, 2018, 05:05:29 AM
- - - - - - -
Getting 3 dresses from my wife for my birthday this weekend!!

Sonja.

@Sonja
Dear Sonja:  
That is wonderful news...
3 new dresses, a gift from you wife....  WOWzers!!!
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

GingerVicki

The realization that lasering my what use to be a beard is useless.
  •  

V M

Minor emergency surgery to remove a fragment that had been missed years ago - Glad to get it done and over with though

Butt now it hurts to sit down LOL

- V M
  •  

ErinAscending

My wife seems to finally be coming around to the acceptance phase...  Which also means we are probably going to separate.  But it also means I may get my best friend back too.

Bitter sweet to be sure.  <3
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. - Oscar Wilde
  •