Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today? 2.0

Started by V M, January 06, 2015, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyaW

Quote from: sarah1972 on October 03, 2018, 10:09:33 PM
Happy: getting cat called...
Unhappy: getting cat called...

This is one of these double edged things... on one hand very affirming on the other hand just plain creepy.

Oh - and of course twice. On my way to daycare and on my way back. [emoji2368][emoji2368][emoji2368]

The longer I am full time the less affirmative such behavior is and the more creepy it becomes.
Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 03, 2018, 11:06:50 PM
@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:
I completely agree with you ....  it is definitely "one of those a double edged things"

I have gotten cat-called by both men and women here.... if it is done correctly and in good taste it is indeed very affirming and flattering.

Thanks for posting your thoughts....
Hugs,
Danielle

Isn't it just called a compliment if it's done tastefully?  Much rather have that but think I could maybe handle a catcall once.

My question about catcalling is does it ever work?  You don't hear any how we met stories where mom says "I was walking past a construction site and your dad yelled 'nice ass' at me and I just couldn't resist"

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

sarah1972

Don't know if it ever works. I also hebe never experienced a tasteful catcall.

Even worse are the men whose second question is: "are you married ". And the third usually "are you happily married".

I really would want to be charmed, with cute gestures and some fantasy. Staring at my barely boobs or my behind or commenting on them is just not cutting it. At least offer to buy me a drink [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Quote from: TonyaW on October 05, 2018, 07:38:01 AM
Isn't it just called a compliment if it's done tastefully?  Much rather have that but think I could maybe handle a catcall once.

My question about catcalling is does it ever work?  You don't hear any how we met stories where mom says "I was walking past a construction site and your dad yelled 'nice ass' at me and I just couldn't resist"

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on October 05, 2018, 08:29:26 AM
Don't know if it ever works. I also hebe never experienced a tasteful catcall.

Even worse are the men whose second question is: "are you married ". And the third usually "are you happily married".

I really would want to be charmed, with cute gestures and some fantasy. Staring at my barely boobs or my behind or commenting on them is just not cutting it. At least offer to buy me a drink [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:
Perhaps I am defining a cat-call differently than some others are defining it....   I don't mean whistling loudly and calling out with silly and perhaps offensive words.....  that  is a cat-call but not one that I want.

I have walked into my next door coffee shop at times, particularly on my fair weather office days that I wear a nice dress and high heels and I will get nicely worded and fairly discrete compliments from both guys and gals.  Some even get a little creative and carried away but are still tasteful....   A smart girl always accepts a compliment or a sincere and respectable cat-call if you will.  Sometimes the rough and tumble loggers and outdoors-men get a carried away or even 'quite crude but a smart girl will just keep walking and ignore them, they are just demonstrating to all that hear them and see them that they are idiots.

Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Mary1

There is no such thing as a tasteful catcall.
Quote from: TonyaW on October 05, 2018, 07:38:01 AM

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

•  

V M

I get wolfwistles and catcalls now and then, doesn't really bother me - But then I don't really care enough to get all up about the highschool level behaviors of others - Got too many more important issues on my mind so I tend to just ignore stuff like that anymore

I just smile and go on my way
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

V M

I had a friend stop by and visit me for my birthday  ;D   Meanwhile for my birthday my BA sister went to my nephew's place for a pizza party that I wasn't invited to and apparently no-one else could give a >-bleeped-< about me either

Now both of my middle fingers itch for some reason
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: V M on October 09, 2018, 12:13:09 AM
I had a friend stop by and visit me for my birthday  ;D   Meanwhile for my birthday my BA sister went to my nephew's place for a pizza party that I wasn't invited to and apparently no-one else could give a >-bleeped-< about me either

@V M

Oh my, oh my,...  did I miss your birthday a couple days ago on Saturday ??? 
Please forgive me a million times over.
Allow me now to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY   :icon_birthday:

Hugs and hugs.....  and I sincerely hope that your middle fingers don't itch any longer.
Danielle

•  

sarahc

:)  I've lost so much weight that I have to buy new clothes.

:( I'm still at least nine months from going full time, so I have to buy new male clothes.
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarahc on October 09, 2018, 01:30:13 PM
:)  I've lost so much weight that I have to buy new clothes.

:( I'm still at least nine months from going full time, so I have to buy new male clothes.

@sarahc
Dear Sarah:
Good for you about losing significant weight...  now the hard job is to keep it off.

Please allow me to give you a history lesson that had helped me regarding this.

Back when the Spanish explorer Hernan Cortez came to the new world (in Mexico) with about 500 men and 11 ships in 1519, setting his sights on overthrowing the Aztec ruler Montezuma II.  To motivate his men that did not share his vision of conquest and gold he emptied his many ships and burnt them... giving his men a crystal clear message that there was no returning.

To sum it up, get rid of your old bigger clothes that now do not fit properly... 
...you definitely do not want to go back.

Have a continuing exciting ride in your HRT journey, I will be eagerly looking for your update postings.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

sarahc

Trust me, the ships have been burnt!

I've really changed my eating lifestyle over the last three months and for the first time in my life it feels sustainable. I'm under 200 pounds for the first time in 15 years and I'm enjoying my new habits: smaller portions, much healthier (much more fruits and veggies, much less protein). I'm very confident that I can continue losing 4-6 pounds a month over the coming months.
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on October 09, 2018, 12:13:09 AM

Virginia,

I am so sorry they neglected you and I am happy that your friend stopped by.
I do wish you a very happy birthday!   :)

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarahc on October 09, 2018, 01:59:52 PM

I've really changed my eating lifestyle over the last three months and for the first time in my life it feels sustainable. I'm under 200 pounds for the first time in 15 years and I'm enjoying my new habits: smaller portions, much healthier (much more fruits and veggies, much less protein). I'm very confident that I can continue losing 4-6 pounds a month over the coming months.

@sarahc
Dear Sarah:
This is good news... burning the ships is the right move.
Congratulations for your weight loss and are at a 15 year low for your weight now. 
I am trusting that you continue on toward your goals and will be eagerly following your progress.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: sarahc on October 09, 2018, 01:59:52 PM

Dear Sarah,

Congratulations on all of your progress Sarah!
That is terrific!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

jaybutterfly

Feeling very mixed up about going back to the gender services in leeds. The doctor I saw there really got inside my head about how Im autistic as an explanation for my gender identity (even though Ive already been tested and thats not the case) and that even if I did go back for a second opinion, nobody would disagree with him. He was rude and caused me a lot of upset.

I still have my second opinion appointment in two weeks time, but Im just so nervous that I'll go back and be treated like crap. I can't decide if i just give up with them and go private in the future, or do I bide my time, go for the second opinion and try my best to trust I will be treated with respect?

It's very difficult to tell. I keep looking at reviews of the center, and the doctor who I am seeing soon is constantly recommended as helpful and kind, but there's reviews every now and again that my gut instinct tells me was the guy I saw: autism or something else is brought up, patient feels humiliated and denied access to the care pathway.

The letter I got from the first person I saw actually has 'quotes' in it that do not match the words I used, or are phrased in a way to imply something other than my initial meaning. He even expresses my 'female identity' as 'a means of being noticed within their family unit' which I think is incomprehensible and almost feels like he's saying Im attention seeking
  •  

SueNZ

Hi Jay, tough read and I don't have real answers. Two things come to mind, you're too sensitive or he's an arse.
If we believe in who we are and where we are headed,who cares about their opinions. Find someone new if possible or challenge him to see where he actually stands.
You are tougher than you think so dig deep beat those demons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Treat life's difficult times as if they are normal moments, this makes the normal and special ones even more fantastic.
  •  

Devlyn

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Uneducated loudmouths.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Devlyn on October 11, 2018, 10:26:57 AM
What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Uneducated loudmouths.

@Devlyn
Dear Devlyn:
I hear you, these kinds of things can be very frustrating....

....but we can look at this 2 ways....   first, our, or at least my instinct is to get in their face and tell them off and tell them that they are full of crap and don't know what they are talking about.....

... or ...

we can try to bring calm to the discussion and kindly and respectfully point out differences in opinions and debate and discuss real facts.  By being as kind and amicable as we can be (and that can be difficult with some people)  we just might be able to bring them around to seeing things more realistically based on a respectful and friendly discussion of facts versus fiction and made up propaganda.

It is definitely worth a try and in some cases the reward and bonus is that we might even make a new friend in the process...

and if not, at least we tried...  nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Just sayin....
Danielle

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 11, 2018, 12:29:36 PM
@Devlyn
Dear Devlyn:
I hear you, these kinds of things can be very frustrating....

....but we can look at this 2 ways....   first, our, or at least my instinct is to get in their face and tell them off and tell them that they are full of crap and don't know what they are talking about.....

... or ...

we can try to bring calm to the discussion and kindly and respectfully point out differences in opinions and debate and discuss real facts.  By being as kind and amicable as we can be (and that can be difficult with some people)  we just might be able to bring them around to seeing things more realistically based on a respectful and friendly discussion of facts versus fiction and made up propaganda.

It is definitely worth a try and in some cases we might even make a new friend in the process...

and if not, at least we tried...  nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Just sayin....
Danielle

I just focus on the happiness they cause. Nothing better than watching some righteous indignation and wing flapping. See what I did there?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  •  

jaybutterfly

Quote from: SueNZ on October 11, 2018, 04:10:41 AM
Hi Jay, tough read and I don't have real answers. Two things come to mind, you're too sensitive or he's an arse.
If we believe in who we are and where we are headed,who cares about their opinions. Find someone new if possible or challenge him to see where he actually stands.
You are tougher than you think so dig deep beat those demons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm more likely to believe he is indeed, an arse.

I got call from my GP about it as they have the letter, and given what they know about my situation and what Ive told them, they are concerned by what I have brought to their attention. They want to talk to me next week, but since the letter has no diagnosis in it, it wont impact my records. This is a massive relief. I feel like someone is in my corner at the very least. My GP has more control over this and the doctor I saw, and he knows about the complaints I made.

I wanted to make sure there was nothing that doctor could do to give me a hard time or put something in my records which will have a knock on impact on me in the future.
  •  

sarah1972

Started bottom hair removal using laser...

OUCH it hurts!!! Can't sit right now [emoji23][emoji23]

•