Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today? 2.0

Started by V M, January 06, 2015, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colleen_definitely

Ah yes, one of the most exciting experiences imaginable.   ;D
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

KathyLauren

At the store today, a young kid backed into my car. :(  It was only a paint scratch. :)  Exchanging info, the driver's older sister was pretty lippy. :(  She got onto the phone to their mother (I think she bought the car for the kid) and called us "two old people". :(  But then she referred to us as two women.   :D :D :D

I wasn't dressed particularly femme, since we had just come from a work bee at the theatre: jeans, grubby women's T-shirt, jean jacket. 
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Lynne

I had a great time fooling around in my apartment in a dress that looks surprisingly good on me and it made me feel confident, pretty and even bubbly, which is very rare for me. With the great music that was playing, it was almost magical.
That also almost made me cry because I felt that this is me and it's so far away from how I feel on a "normal" day and that should be my normal mood and then I also realized I spent way too much time fooling around instead of finishing my work.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KathyLauren on October 14, 2018, 02:41:18 PM
At the store today, a young kid backed into my car. :(  It was only a paint scratch. :)  Exchanging info, the driver's older sister was pretty lippy. :(  She got onto the phone to their mother (I think she bought the car for the kid) and called us "two old people". :(  But then she referred to us as two women.   :D :D :D

I wasn't dressed particularly femme, since we had just come from a work bee at the theatre: jeans, grubby women's T-shirt, jean jacket.

@KathyLauren
Dear Kathy:
Aside from the bad news about your car being backed into and also the lippy older sister... the really good news and very affirming news is that you and your wife were referred to as TWO WOMEN  .... :)
... but nevertheless "two old people"  :o

Take the good with the bad.... the Good wins !!!!!

Thanks for this good report.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Faith

I spent this evening with my wife shopping for Halloween costume bits and pieces. This is the first year of my adult life that I am not only dressing up but want to dress up and participate. I am very excited this year. We have 2 events plus the actual day for dress-up .. wooo.

back on track ...

We were shopping and took a slight detour through the shoe department, right past a full-length mirror. I stumbled a couple steps and had to stop and shut my eyes. This time that 'corner-of-the-ear' reflection was not complimentary in any way, shape, or from. I still had my eyes shut when Lori came back into the isle to check on me. I almost lost it.

We did finish our Halloween shopping on a high note :)
The mirror image still bothers me :(
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

jaybutterfly

I slept for a whole 10 hours last night, while I feel part of the day is lost, I also feel great knowing I rested well.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: jaybutterfly on October 19, 2018, 09:07:48 AM
I slept for a whole 10 hours last night, while I feel part of the day is lost, I also feel great knowing I rested well.

Sometimes we simply need our rest, and getting that rest can make our time awake better too!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Well I am happy I bought a newer car and sad that I have to part with my old car I loved my 2002 chrysler Intrepid but It is starting to die and I feel like I am losing something I never thought I would have an emotional attachment to a car but this is my new car I pick up tuesday not sure if it is a girly car though but it sounds awesome

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on October 21, 2018, 11:52:15 PM
Well I am happy I bought a newer car and sad that I have to part with my old car I loved my 2002 chrysler Intrepid but It is starting to die and I feel like I am losing something I never thought I would have an emotional attachment to a car but this is my new car I pick up tuesday not sure if it is a girly car though but it sounds awesome

I like your new car.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on October 21, 2018, 11:52:15 PM

Aw congrats again!! It's a beautiful car

So I'm happy to be able to present full time, but I feel very insecure. Not really about my looks, but my authenticity. I don't feel like I'm being fake, but when measured up next to other women, I lack a lot of life experience.
I feel like I have a teenager's emotions, but I don't have a class of my peers to see how I manage with. My family is in shock, I'm not really meeting many people in my day to day yet.
My fear is people disapproving of me being trans, being upfront about it and and treating me badly. I think I said before that I don't mind if others know I'm trans, but in reality, I'd be devastated if I'm singled out for it...

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

GingerVicki

I am happy because changing my diet is easy to do, but the I am not very happy with the work involved or the soda sacrifice.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: gingerViktorKay on November 02, 2018, 03:12:41 AM
I am happy because changing my diet is easy to do, but the I am not very happy with the work involved or the soda sacrifice.

Alas, sugary drinks...we hardly knew ye!  :laugh:
  •  

emma-f

Downside, I had an annoying marketing call for insurance asking for my old name

Upside, they said "Oh, we were hoping to speak to your husband Mrs F"

Upside, my voice clearly isn't doing too bad as I hadn't given any indication of my name, or that I was (or wasnt) the person they were hoping to speak to

Downside, they just wouldn't get off the phone and I'm not good at just hanging up on someone
  •  

Jifoverskippy

Well, today was my cheat day which made me really happy. Chicken fajitas and a pint of Ben and Jerry's :). Also made me unhappy that I'm setting myself back a bit on my weight loss but, I feel its nessesary to have those days. Gives me something to look forward to throughout the diet change.
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Thank you @ChrissyRyan @Allison S, I am starting to really like the car more and more

•  

davina61

Shopping yesterday, just another girl looking at clothes till I spoke to my BFF (she was trying clothes on in changing room so had to speak up a bit)  and a lady look up startled
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: davina61 on November 16, 2018, 04:55:13 AM
Shopping yesterday, just another girl looking at clothes till I spoke to my BFF (she was trying clothes on in changing room so had to speak up a bit)  and a lady look up startled

Oh my, I am sorry that happened.  I have been working every day on my voice and I mess up badly many times.  I can relate.

As an example, I was placing a drive through order and when it was my time to pay, the cashier looked confused at me and said, "I thought a guy made that order, I guess I had better drink another cup of coffee!"  I simply smiled back as I handed him my gift card, but I did say, "Thank You" in an okay way.

Chrissy
  •  

V M

Monday night: Bicycle axle broke on the way to the grocery  :icon_anger:  Luckily one of the clerks I'm friends with gave me a lift home  :icon_rockon:

Tuesday afternoon: Another friend took me to drop my bike at a good bike shop for repair  :eusa_pray:

Wednesday (This evening): Said bike shop rang up to say my bike was ready to be picked up  :icon_joy:

Will probably go tomorrow afternoon  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •