Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you want to blend in?

Started by Lostkitten, December 12, 2014, 10:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lostkitten

Again:

*Passing and blending in is not the same*

I am 6.2ft and although in my country that does not make me stick out, I am taller than the average woman. I most usually pass but even when seeing a short, petite lady.. I wouldn't want to switch with her. I like to draw attention and always have. It just is harder on days where you do not feel well but if I notice I don't draw attention I just dye my hair blonde, wear brighter clothes or so. So that I do not blend in. I guess each their own :P.
:D Want to see me ramble, talk about experiences or explaining about gender dysphoria? :D
http://thedifferentperspectives3000.blogspot.nl/
  •  

Anju

Quote from: Kirey on January 07, 2015, 05:25:46 PM
Again:

I am 6.2ft and although in my country that does not make me stick out, I am taller than the average woman. I most usually pass but even when seeing a short, petite lady.. I wouldn't want to switch with her. I like to draw attention and always have. It just is harder on days where you do not feel well but if I notice I don't draw attention I just dye my hair blonde, wear brighter clothes or so. So that I do not blend in. I guess each their own :P.
If you living liberal open mind society for TS/TG blend in is option otherwise its necessity.As you rightly said each their own
  •  

ChiGirl

I'm a shy girl (ha!) so blending would be important to me.  Passing?  When I was younger, passing was so critical to me.  Now, I just want to pass well enough to not be misgendered on the first look.  If people want to try and figure me out, heh, go ahead.
  •  

michelle666

I like blending in. I'm out in public a lot, commuting on the subway, shopping, out to eat or whatever. I don't like drawing unwanted attention to myself. I've never been called out by anyone in public for being trans like I've heard so many others talk about, I like being left alone and doing whatever it is that I'm doing.
  •  

Skyler

I am out loud and PROUD to be transgender and to be able to love who I am. I have no desire to be stealth.
  •  

antonia

I can totally relate to this, when I first went full time all I wanted was to blend in, not get noticed.

I'm 6ft tall so I'd wear flats and try my hardest not to draw attention, hair covering my face, never make eye contact and wear more gender neutral things.

As my confidence grew and hormones started doing their thing I realized I wasn't really getting clocked that much so I started getting bolder and now I like being a bit tall and the fact that I do get noticed. The funny thing is as far as clothing goes is if you just dress well, appropriately but well you get noticed a lot in this city where most people think sweatpants and a t-shirt or a parka is OK for a night out.

I think the different between passing and blending was beautifully illustrated for me last night when I went out to dinner with a trans friend that does not pass totally and two women at the table next to us kept staring, one of them must have had a hurting neck after the evening. The interesting thing is that they weren't sneering or laughing or looking at my friend they were staring at me :p

Quote from: Kirey on January 07, 2015, 05:25:46 PM
Again:

•  

Daft

I want to deliberately stand out when it can benefit me, and in the case of being trans, I prefer blending in. I'm stealth, and I'd rather not be a sore thumb. I want to stand out in terms of my other qualities, whether it be my attire, my skills, personality--I don't want to stand out as the "trans guy" but rather the ("insert [positive] adjective here") guy.

Although, I will admit, it gets lonely at times, but I do stay connected with the trans community. And I've dealt with feeling like a liar, feeling like I'm being a deceiver, and I've dealt with guilt about wanting to be stealth and the selfish connotations that come with it.

•  

Jason C

Personally, I don't want to blend in. I don't want to be seen as transgender at sight (which I don't think is often the case), but I've never been one to try to blend in. I hate attention and I have anxiety issues, but I'm just myself, and in anything to do with my personality, my opinions, etc., I don't want to hide anything in order to appease other people or blend in.

Also, I'd like to help other trans people if possible, and educate cis people and people who are confused about their gender identity or are just starting off and need advice or support.
  •  

androgynouspainter26

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but how does one blend in?  I'm at that point where I'm kinda sick of literally everyone in my life knowing, and I'm not really sure what to do...
My gender problem isn't half as bad as society's.  Although mine is still pretty bad.
  •