Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

How do you deal with it?

Started by Super Bucko, January 08, 2015, 06:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Bucko

Honestly, a guy wanting to be a girl is probably more accepted nowadays than a girl wanting to be a guy. My main problem is, well, technically my religion. Now, don't get me wrong, I love being Mormon and can't imagine being anything else, but....wanting to be a different gender isn't exactly something you bring up around here (I live in a HEAVILY Mormon populated area, no regrets). My question is: how does one deal with not being able to be exactly who you are? I can wear the clothes, sometimes even have the hairstyle, and I'm somewhat allowed to act like one...but only to a certain extent. My parents disapprove of the idea of me being a guy with a passion, so there goes half of what I can do. Take away another chunk  by going out in public- there are certain classes I can't take, activities/things I can't do, and the fact that I can't identify as a guy (no way in heck I'm going to be able to get surgery or anything like that done), and you've got yourself one unhappy camper. So, how do you deal with having to keep it pushed under the rug, mostly hidden, at most being able to be a "tomboy"?
  •  

Rudy King

It can be really hard to deal with.  I was in a fundamentalist Christian group growing up, and there was no way for me to tell my parents how I felt or what I was going through, and most of my friends where in the church, so you know you couldn't tell them ether.  Thankfully, (thou it still makes me suspicious) my mom raised both my brother and I, in a gender neutral environment.  And looking back, I did for the most part have more of a girls upbringing than a boys.

I really hope that you can find family and friends who will help you, and care for you.  It will be tough, but you can do it!
  •  

Myshonok

I live in a really isolated, conservative community so I get how you feel. What I did was establish circles of support outside my community in the nearest "big" cities. Whenever I visit friends there it gives me a chance to present and act like I want, which I can't do here. It's not perfect, but it helps keep me from breaking. Is that something you'd be able to do?
through every shipwreck comes the chance to begin again, to rebuild anew atop the mistakes of the past
  •