Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

I only feel top dysphoria?

Started by Tyler, January 11, 2015, 04:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler

So I am an FtM teen, but recently I have been reading up on FtM topics and realized that all these guys had top, bottom, voice, and other types of dysphoria. However, I have only ever experienced top dysphoria, and I would be fine having a box for the rest of my life. Does this still allow me to be FtM?
"life doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints, it takes and it takes."

started my new life: april 2015
first hrt appointment: feburary 2017
  •  

Elis

Of course, many ftms don't get bottom surgery bcos of lack of dysphoria in that area, many don't get surgeries and/or hormones for the same reason. I don't have much bottom dysphoria, didn't really have any at all until I bouhht a packer. Every trans person is different, there is no rigid trans narrative or a checklist where every box has to be ticked to make you trans. Reading the posts on here you'll learn you're not the only one like yourself.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Lostandfound

It's perfectly fine not to have dysphoria in any aspect of yourself, it doesn't make you any less trans or any less of a guy. (I myself don't feel bottom dysphoria, so we're both on the same boat. )
You may ever experience dysphoria there later, and you may not. Dysphoria is a thing which is unique to each person who has it.
~~*Falling apart and back together*~~
  •  

Draco

My dysphoria is also mostly top related. The bottom dysphoria I feel is pretty minimal. It could always change, but who knows. It's fine to only feel dysphoria on certain places, so don't worry!
  •  

AquaWhatever

My dysphoria is the same way. It's mostly my chest and a little bit my voice.
I use to get bottom dysphoria, but when I started packing it went away immediately.
everyone is different, there's no rules when it comes to being yourself
  •  

adrian

Hey Ginnyjen,

dysphoria is not what defines us! It's possible to have little (or possibly no?) dysphoria about your body at all and still be trans*. This is entirely about how you define yourself. If you feel that the ftm label is for you, then it is.

I personally don't have a lot of bottom dysphoria either. I can currently see myself as a guy without the junk down there.
  •  

FTMax

I don't have bottom dysphoria per se. I'm not crazy about it and I'd definitely prefer to be anatomically male, but until I'm 100% satisfied with all the results I see getting posted online, it's just not an option for me. I do have terrible chest dysphoria though.

Be whatever you want to be. Don't get caught up on labels.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

Tyler

Thank you everyone! This is really helpful.
"life doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints, it takes and it takes."

started my new life: april 2015
first hrt appointment: feburary 2017
  •