Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Yes! or No-No?

Started by ChelseaAnn, February 08, 2015, 11:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChelseaAnn

So I'm finally going to be ordering some temporary relief for my facial hair, as I can't yet afford to do laser. I am looking at the Yes! and the No-No, as they are cheap and I don't mind using them every day, but I just can't get close enough with a razor.

So, just let me know your experiences with either one, good and bad. Or if you know someone who had / has one. I'm hoping to order by next week.

Thanks much ladies!
http://chelseatransition.blogspot.com/

MTF, transitioning in 2015
  •  

Jill F

I've never heard of anything really good said about either product (especially about the smell of burning hair), but the Tria laser seems to be somewhat effective.

Honestly, the best thing I've ever done was multiprobe galvanic electrolysis.
  •  

ChelseaAnn

Well, Tria is still a little pricey for me unfortunately.
http://chelseatransition.blogspot.com/

MTF, transitioning in 2015
  •  

Ms Grace

Quote from: Jill F on February 08, 2015, 11:52:24 PM
Honestly, the best thing I've ever done was multiprobe galvanic electrolysis.

Ditto.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

VivianK

Well save your money then, 'cause you're gonna spend a lot more than $450 in the long run if you end up buying a bunch of products that don't work.  Like, at all.  No-no isn't going to anything for male type facial hair, and home IPL devices are going to take for... eh... ver, if they work at all.  Tria, professional laser, or electrolysis are the only things I've heard of that actually work for your face.
  •  

Cindy

I know many of the girls have reported good results from Tria, but it is difficult to know the level of 'hairiness'.

I was cleared by professional laser and the nurse who was 'doing' me did say that as far as my beard level was, I may as well use a toothbrush than a Tria.

But YMMV as ever.

I will add, as every woman here will probably agree, start beard removal last week, it is a pain in every sense of the word, and it is so awesome when it has all gone.
  •  

suzifrommd

Never used either, but at one point I did some consumer research. The No-no had really terrible reviews. No one had good things to say about it. Don't know anything about Yes! so can't help you there.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

VivianK

Quote from: Cindy on February 09, 2015, 01:09:32 AM
I know many of the girls have reported good results from Tria, but it is difficult to know the level of 'hairiness'.

I was cleared by professional laser and the nurse who was 'doing' me did say that as far as my beard level was, I may as well use a toothbrush than a Tria.

But YMMV as ever.

I will add, as every woman here will probably agree, start beard removal last week, it is a pain in every sense of the word, and it is so awesome when it has all gone.
Are you really surprised that a professional laser tech would tell you the Tria isn't worth your time?  Regardless of the reason, as long as your hair is suitable for laser removal, I'd be a little suspicious of their motives. However, since I've read so many questions from transwomen regarding its efficacy and read so few conclusive reports, fewest of all reports with documentation, I'll be making a video diary about the Tria as soon as I get one.  The community deserves answers and proof, dammit!
  •  

Muffinheart

If there's ever been a more debated subject, it is facial hair removal. I've had some people swear by one method or another, but it comes down to what works for your hair type and skin type...and how much you can afford. What I did learn looking back, I spent way more money that I should have. I just wish someone had been there to point me in the right direction.
For starters, I bought a home laser kit. It wasn't a Tria or No no...but it wasn't very effective. And, I found it hard to do it myself plus I lacked patience. I wanted immediate results.
I then sought out laser hair removal. They assured me that it would work, but after 5 or 6 sessions, I decided to go and get a second opinion from an electrolysis person. This person told me my color hair is not suitable for laser and that electrolysis - in her opinion - was the only solution.
So I abandoned the laser, some 70 hours later of electrolysis, I was done. This took me about 1.5 years...and if you include gratuity and EMLA numbing cream, likely cost around $7,000.
My last session was 2009...and hair free...so I'm going to say for my blonde hair, fair skin, electrolysis worked.

My only advice is talk to electrolysis and laser people...get 2nd opinions...read up on the internet...gather as much info as you can.
In the end, everyone wants your money.
  •  

ImagineKate

Hikari seems to have good results with the tria. Check out her blog. She has a post and talks about it for a bit.

I'm doing professional laser with the Nd:YAG. The shedding seems to be complete and I have a lot of smooth areas now. I go back in a couple of weeks.
  •  

Sammy

I am quite sure that there is general consensus that No-No is a scam. Just google it.
As regards Tria 4x, it has cleared my dark facial hair very effectively within the term of one year (lazy zapping different areas 2-3 times per week).  Of course grey ones have remained where they are and there is some occasional fine hair popping out - but I think it was very nice investment of 400 bucks. They have simplier and cheaper version without screen and other bells and whistles, which contains the same hardware though.
I am looking forwards eventual electro to deal with what has left, but I am not estimating more than 7-10 hours of it, probably even less.
  •  

warlockmaker

Facial hair removal mmm ... its almost 2 years and about 150 hours of electrolysis, I'm now looking good, still som stragglers tho. I wasted alot of maney on home use alternatives, yes they do work "somewhat'  but thats not what the end goal is and its needs a professional service that require high quality equipment ( way too expensive for purchase) and because the intensity can be adjusted you need a professional or you can get color skin  burn stains that are even more difficult to correct. Invest in a professional its the only way that economically makes sense. Try and negotiate a lower price you may be suprised.

Wow Emily, you look great, and I remember you from your early days, way to go.
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015
  •  

Sammy

Quote from: warlockmaker on February 26, 2015, 08:18:28 AM
Wow Emily, you look great, and I remember you from your early days, way to go.

Thank You :). Still far from perfect, to be honest, but... there is a place for improvement :).
  •