Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Zara, and our love hate relationship.

Started by Tripdistrans, February 16, 2015, 03:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripdistrans

I didn't know where else would be appropriate to post this, but I would like to open this thread by stating how absolutely and utterly jealous I am of anyone that lives in a country in which Zara ships to.

I'd never even heard of Zara until a few days ago, when I saw the simply most beautiful and breathtaking piece of clothing I have ever craved.

Currently cut from USD 169 to 49, Mens' Leather dockside ankle boots, by Zara.

My mum told me to stop obsessing over them when I asked if she has a UK mailing address (she does).

I live in Australia, and they still don't ship here, and my clothing is the main thing I pride myself on. I dress like a bogan with a sense of style, utterly disheveled, but I can't help but find beautiful clothes and wear them. Being a short guy (5'3"), I hate my height with a passion, and so the fact that I found a pair of boots (which slightly lift my height) that are so gorgeous just kills me.

Do any of you fellow people wear clothes from Zara? Are their clothes as mesmerizing as they look online? Does wearing them feel like angel kisses?

The jealousy is boiling all over the place, oooh!  >:(
Expectations in life are only useless without passion. Be passionate about yourself, and love yourself.
  •  

Cindy

There is a Zara's in Sydney, I shop at the one in Adelaide
  •  

Ms Grace

Quote from: Tripdistrans on February 16, 2015, 03:14:44 AM
I dress like a bogan with a sense of style...

Colour me intrigued by this proposition...!!! ::)
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Tripdistrans

Quote from: Cindy on February 16, 2015, 03:17:24 AM

I live on the border of NSW and VIC. So close yet so far away from both the Melbourne and the Sydney store.
If I'm lucky the Melbourne store will have some when I go for my RCH visit in May, aha ha :')

Please Cindy, reassure me that they do in fact produce wonderful clothing.

Quote from: Ms Grace on February 16, 2015, 03:22:43 AM

Trust me, it took a long time to figure how to sum up the way I appear.
Expectations in life are only useless without passion. Be passionate about yourself, and love yourself.
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Tripdistrans on February 16, 2015, 03:26:09 AM
Quote from: Cindy on February 16, 2015, 03:17:24 AM

I live on the border of NSW and VIC. So close yet so far away from both the Melbourne and the Sydney store.
If I'm lucky the Melbourne store will have some when I go for my RCH visit in May, aha ha :')

Please Cindy, reassure me that they do in fact produce wonderful clothing.

Quote from: Ms Grace on February 16, 2015, 03:22:43 AM

Trust me, it took a long time to figure how to sum up the way I appear.

Well you probably would not be interested in the clothes I buy :laugh:
  •  

Tripdistrans

Quote from: Cindy on February 16, 2015, 03:30:23 AM
Well you probably would not be interested in the clothes I buy :laugh:

Just you wait, after my surgery, I'll be hitting you ladies up for advice on dresses, heels and make up all the time.   8)
  •  

Tripdistrans

UDPATE.

Mother dearest said she is going to Melbourne this week and although I do not have the funds for these beautiful boots, I am having a birthday this year, and thus she may purchase them. Hope has been restored. :')
  •  

DriftingCrow

QuoteDo any of you fellow people wear clothes from Zara? Are their clothes as mesmerizing as they look online? Does wearing them feel like angel kisses?

I've never bought any of their clothes, but wandered into their store at the rich-people mall in Orlando, FL. Their clothes seemed like good quality and good materials. They also seemed to have a lot of clothes for smaller guys. I didn't buy anything because I was really poor at the time.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Tripdistrans

Quote from: DriftingCrow on February 16, 2015, 08:26:25 AM
I've never bought any of their clothes, but wandered into their store at the rich-people mall in Orlando, FL. Their clothes seemed like good quality and good materials. They also seemed to have a lot of clothes for smaller guys. I didn't buy anything because I was really poor at the time.
Ooh, clothes for small guys, that's exactly what I need, thank you for your insight, :)
  •  

Taius

Quote from: Tripdistrans on February 16, 2015, 06:26:17 AM
UDPATE.

Mother dearest said she is going to Melbourne this week and although I do not have the funds for these beautiful boots, I am having a birthday this year, and thus she may purchase them. Hope has been restored. :')

That's fantastic!

Another option is have a friend online remail them for you. :)

I do that with my buddy who lives in the UK, who has gorgeous fancy european stores, that wont ship to my backwater US address, haha!
"Abusers are only as good as the sympathy they can get, and the empathy they can't give out."
  •  

Tripdistrans

Quote from: Taius on February 17, 2015, 10:24:10 AM
That's fantastic!

Another option is have a friend online remail them for you. :)

I do that with my buddy who lives in the UK, who has gorgeous fancy european stores, that wont ship to my backwater US address, haha!

I showed her the boots, which she called ugly (darnit), but she did say that I should call the Melbourne stores to see if they have them, huzzah!

I had considered the friend option, and then realized my ornate lack of friends.  :laugh:
  •