Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

University Life

Started by Dev, December 20, 2005, 06:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dev

I have been sitting around tonight trying to figure out what University I want to get my degree from...and what degree would be best for me.   During this time, I was looking at groups and clubs at some of the schools and wondered if anybody had run into (or heard) of a group (including Frats) who include FtM.   

I know there are gay/lesbian groups who always say transgender are welcome there, but I really have never liked being a part of that community because I tend to be labeled lesbian due to being pre-op and hate that label SOOO much.

Anyway, just wondering if there was anything out there other than the gay/lesbian groups I try to avoid.

Thanks
  •  

Dennis

What country are you in, Dev?

And I think you'll find that most trans stuff is in with the gay/lesbian stuff, just because of small numbers and combining as allies. Although sometimes it is an unlikely and awkward alliance.

Dennis
  •  

Dev

I am in the US.

I think after an afternoon of surfing websites and thinking about what I want to do with my life, I am going to continue the community college route and then go to a 4-year school for upper level courses.  Don't think Biology and Chem. will be too different at the community college level.  Plus it would help me get my courses straight for double major.
  •  

Chaunte

Dev,

A lot of community colleges (cc) have a 2+2 program where you do 2 years in a cc and then transition ... er .... transfer to a 4-year school.  Check with your administration to see what schools your cc has aligned with.  The benefit is that the cc is usually a lot less expensive for the standard basics that everyone has to take.

Chaunte
  •  

alleigh

I was wondering this too.. might check into it when school is back.  Hopefully bio and chem WILL be hard, or you'll get your butt kicked when you get into the upper division biology and chemistry!  :o  ;D
  •