Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Mini-review EZP STP

Started by aleon515, February 24, 2015, 09:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorlor

http://www.zodee.com/bonds/p11687-bonds-guy-front-mens-brief#.VoK1wJ9OnqA

I found a place to buy Bonds in the USA and not have to pay hella outrageous shipping or way too much per pair!!!!! They have the vertical fly and a couple other styles too. Not as many as the AU site but still!  It's nice to use what he recommended. The low fly makes a big difference.
  •  

mbx

Quote from: Bimmer Guy on December 29, 2015, 07:34:19 AM
Great review on tumblr.  You know, I have YET to see one negative review on this product. 

I noticed the fold in the picture at first and was going to ask you about it (and suggest you call Alex about it!).  You are the first I have heard to prefer it folded down.  It was very strange to me at first to wear it up (I have always worn a limpy xs or masho), but it ended up working the best.  I wear it to a left 45% angle with the very top of the cup touching my pubic bone.  It works for me!  I really wish I had found this thing years ago!

The lack of negative reviews (though they were based on the previous model) encouraged me to buy the EZP to be honest.

The crease is slightly concerning as it's affecting the natural angle which could be a problem for stp-ing in the future- i will probably bring it up with Alex soon.
I occasionally pack up to the side if I want a more discrete bulge, usually in light basketball shorts or trackies, but I find it uncomfortable and sometimes even painful so it's hard to get used to.

I got your message by the way, best of luck with meta.
  •  

mbx

Quote from: Lorlor on December 29, 2015, 10:47:27 AM
http://www.zodee.com/bonds/p11687-bonds-guy-front-mens-brief#.VoK1wJ9OnqA

I found a place to buy Bonds in the USA and not have to pay hella outrageous shipping or way too much per pair!!!!! They have the vertical fly and a couple other styles too. Not as many as the AU site but still!  It's nice to use what he recommended. The low fly makes a big difference.

Zodee is where I bought my bonds briefs as recommended by Alex. It had free shipping to the UK if you spent £30 which was 5 pairs of briefs I believe so not bad at all. They took a while to get to me but they're definitely good for packing the EZP- I sometimes find that the fly is actually quite tight so it can be difficult to pull the EZP through discretely before peeing but still.
Whilst I was waiting for my Zodee parcel, I bought a 3 pack of bonds briefs from ASOS, although they worked out to be more expensive and they only had bright colours (not really my style).
  •  

captains

Super quick update: my STP was posted next day, it's 2-day shipping, and Alex used my preferred name in the confirmation email despite me listing my birth name on the box (as it's being sent to my mom's house -- better shipping rates!). Very grateful for the name thing, tbh. So far, pretty impressed.  ;D
- cameron
  •  

veniamviam

belated and smallish review: it's excellent for packing, but be careful if you're wearing it to sleep because mine's shifted shape a tad (i believe due to the position i sleep in). this isn't a big deal for me but i figured i'd mention it. briefs are best to pack with, as alex has said, but i'm still a boxer-briefs man through and through and (provided they're not loose) they work just about as well to hold the ezp in place. i use it as an actual stp pretty sporadically, but managed success at a urinal for the first time ever and couldn't be more thrilled about that. mine doesn't empty out quite as quickly as i'd like, but i pee pretty fast, so this is kind of user-error on my part. i wound up clipping a small bit of the urinary meatus to help, but i'm still struggling to let myself go slower and wind up doing a stop-and-start kind of thing. i've found that if i'm not careful about it, a little bit of urine does trickle across the middle of the rear edge, but i've not had a full-on "accident" with it (to the point where i needed a change of clothing or a shower or anything) since my very first use. it's got a great learning curve, holds itself very nicely in place in a tightish pair of boxer-briefs and even better in briefs--to the point that i'll actually willingly wear briefs, which previous to having the ezp would be unfathomable. i will say peeing with it is definitely easier with briefs (part of the reason i use it sporadically for that purpose) but as someone who's been fairly unable to use any other stp, this thing is a godsend. i wish it were a little cheaper so that it were more easily available, honestly, because... it's just brilliant. utterly wonderful. my only complaint is specific to my own situation (that i pee too fast), and while i hesitate to call anything perfect,  the ezp is pretty dang close. very highly recommended, if it's within your budget--and if not, sign up for alex's mailing list anyway, 'cause he sometimes does giveaways and you might get lucky.
viam
  •  

notyouraverageguy

Quote from: veniamviam on January 02, 2016, 01:13:34 PM
belated and smallish review: it's excellent for packing, but be careful if you're wearing it to sleep because mine's shifted shape a tad (i believe due to the position i sleep in). this isn't a big deal for me but i figured i'd mention it. briefs are best to pack with, as alex has said, but i'm still a boxer-briefs man through and through and (provided they're not loose) they work just about as well to hold the ezp in place. i use it as an actual stp pretty sporadically, but managed success at a urinal for the first time ever and couldn't be more thrilled about that. mine doesn't empty out quite as quickly as i'd like, but i pee pretty fast, so this is kind of user-error on my part. i wound up clipping a small bit of the urinary meatus to help, but i'm still struggling to let myself go slower and wind up doing a stop-and-start kind of thing. i've found that if i'm not careful about it, a little bit of urine does trickle across the middle of the rear edge, but i've not had a full-on "accident" with it (to the point where i needed a change of clothing or a shower or anything) since my very first use. it's got a great learning curve, holds itself very nicely in place in a tightish pair of boxer-briefs and even better in briefs--to the point that i'll actually willingly wear briefs, which previous to having the ezp would be unfathomable. i will say peeing with it is definitely easier with briefs (part of the reason i use it sporadically for that purpose) but as someone who's been fairly unable to use any other stp, this thing is a godsend. i wish it were a little cheaper so that it were more easily available, honestly, because... it's just brilliant. utterly wonderful. my only complaint is specific to my own situation (that i pee too fast), and while i hesitate to call anything perfect,  the ezp is pretty dang close. very highly recommended, if it's within your budget--and if not, sign up for alex's mailing list anyway, 'cause he sometimes does giveaways and you might get lucky.
Mine shifted shape and I couldn't figure out why. I guess its because I started wearing it to sleep a few times. I don't recommend sleeping with it as the shift in shape has caused mine to start leaking all over. I've been putting it under something heavy hoping it'll go back to original form. So far leaking problems have gotten better but the shape is still off.
I'm a obxdr briefs person, but I had to swtifh over to briefs to feel more secure. Even in briefs, at times it'll move around and I feel like its poking out.
I can't go through the fly. I'm not sure how any of you guys pull it out, but I have a hard time getting it through the fly so I just pull everything down.
I agree with the price being up there, but I think its because its made of silicone. It would be great for the community if the prices could get lower. As we already have many other costs with our transition, and this is merely a luxury.
I wouldn't say my experience is necessarily negative, but it isn't 100% great like everyone else. Even before the shape shift I did have many leaks and accidents. And I mean from drops, to some wetness on the underwear, to full on soaking of my clothes. It has happened in public, and at home. A very uncomfortable situation. Nonetheless, I would still recommend this stp packer over any other one. It passes, its functional, packs great, easy to use, not much fidgeting to put into place. I'm not sure if my mishaps are due to going too fast, because I have trained myself to hold back, or not positioning it correctly, or holding it at a wrong angle. I've also had accidents where the pee from the head gets on my hands or pants. I'm not sure exactly why that has happened. I plan to do another review. Maybe written on tumblr, or possibly a video. Any requests or suggestions, questions?
Gender expression is NOT gender identity.

Defective Catastrophe.
  •  

RaptorChops

Mine has also lost its shape and now I have leaks I never had  before. Peed on my hand, in my underwear. Im going to email Alex and see if he can give me an answer on fixing it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno.
  •  

JulianWS

you two just provided me with the missing information to why mine started leaking when it was perfect at first.  Yep, the shape has changed.  Basically the basin leans to one side.  I've found by pushing it into proper shape when i use it to restore its previous functionality.  Of course this still makes using it through a fly (or at a urinal) a no go.
  •  

RaptorChops

Quote from: JulianWS on January 23, 2016, 05:44:31 AM
you two just provided me with the missing information to why mine started leaking when it was perfect at first.  Yep, the shape has changed.  Basically the basin leans to one side.  I've found by pushing it into proper shape when i use it to restore its previous functionality.  Of course this still makes using it through a fly (or at a urinal) a no go.

I e-mailed Alex about it to see if he could give me some insight on it, still waiting on him to reply. For the mean time I just put it under one of my heavy speakers hoping maybe it will help a little bit. I assume its from the body heat as well as being active.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno.
  •  

Bimmer Guy

I've been wearing mine March, 2015.  That is almost 10 months.  Than I got the larger one in October and I haven't had problems with either of them changing shape.  80% of the time I use the larger one, but I still use the smaller one.  I wear it every day.  Julian and Raptor, are you guys sleeping in them?
Top Surgery: 10/10/13 (Garramone)
Testosterone: 9/9/14
Hysto: 10/1/15
Stage 1 Meta: 3/2/16 (including UL, Vaginectomy, Scrotoplasty), (Crane, CA)
Stage 2 Meta: 11/11/16 Testicular implants, phallus and scrotum repositioning, v-nectomy revision.  Additional: Lipo on sides of chest. (Crane, TX)
Fistula Repair 12/21/17 (UPenn Hospital,unsuccessful)
Fistula Repair 6/7/18 (Nikolavsky, successful)
Revision: 1/11/19 Replacement of eroded testicle,  mons resection, cosmetic work on scrotum (Crane, TX)

•  

Nathan90

I've had mine since end of October. Haven't worn it every day since because I still wear my old Peecock as well. (I'm still more confident with peeing with it) And I have never slept with it or done anything except packing or peeing. And mine has started warping some time ago as well.
Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain
  •  

RaptorChops

Quote from: Bimmer Guy on January 23, 2016, 09:11:41 PM
I've been wearing mine March, 2015.  That is almost 10 months.  Than I got the larger one in October and I haven't had problems with either of them changing shape.  80% of the time I use the larger one, but I still use the smaller one.  I wear it every day.  Julian and Raptor, are you guys sleeping in them?

Yup unfortunately I slept in mine quite a few times.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno.
  •  

RaptorChops

I just got an email a few hours ago from Alex and he said he never heard from anyone else having the problem of it getting "deformed". I sent him pictures and he wrote back to me very quickly.  He told me to send mine back and he would replace it. I had mine for like 7 months now too lol. So if you guys are having the same problem I am I recommend sending Alex an email. 
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno.
  •  

Bimmer Guy

Quote from: RaptorChops on January 25, 2016, 06:39:44 PM
I just got an email a few hours ago from Alex and he said he never heard from anyone else having the problem of it getting "deformed". I sent him pictures and he wrote back to me very quickly.  He told me to send mine back and he would replace it. I had mine for like 7 months now too lol. So if you guys are having the same problem I am I recommend sending Alex an email.

Alex, is the best.  He is letting me use a "reject" STP until my meta in 5 weeks.  I didn't want to spend $225 (or whatever it is with shipping now), for just a few months, but REALLY wanted to try out the larger STP (which is perfect).  He was awesome enough to let me borrow this one.  The color is off, but I don't care.  I just want something to pee with, and the larger one is definitely better.
Stage 2 Meta: 11/11/16 Testicular implants, phallus and scrotum repositioning, v-nectomy revision.  Additional: Lipo on sides of chest. (Crane, TX)
Revision: 1/11/19 Replacement of eroded testicle,  mons resection, cosmetic work on scrotum (Crane, TX)

•  

RaptorChops

Quote from: Bimmer Guy on January 25, 2016, 08:37:12 PM
Alex, is the best.  He is letting me use a "reject" STP until my meta in 5 weeks.  I didn't want to spend $225 (or whatever it is with shipping now), for just a few months, but REALLY wanted to try out the larger STP (which is perfect).  He was awesome enough to let me borrow this one.  The color is off, but I don't care.  I just want something to pee with, and the larger one is definitely better.

Congrats and good luck with it Bim! He really is a great guy and very professional. I can't wait for him to release more of his products, I'll buy them right up.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno.
  •  

JulianWS

Yea I do sleep with it..it's basically always on me.  I shot Alex an email so we'll see what happens.  I appreciate you posting about your experience Raptorchops.
  •  

JulianWS

Just an update.  Alex responded to my email, with recommendations of how to reshape it:

"Unfortunately it is one of the inherent and unchangeable facts about silicone that if you bend it out of shape consistently and long enough, it will eventually start to warp. This IS fixable if you, say put it in a draw with objects gently pushed up against it that bend it back in the opposite direction and leave it to sit like that for a couple of weeks. (just make sure you check on it regularly to ensure it's not starting to bend in ways you don't want it to)"

He also offered to send me another one that has cosmetic flaws at no extra cost.  I'm very happy with the outcome, he's a pleasure to work with.
  •  

mbx

Quote from: JulianWS on January 28, 2016, 06:30:46 AM
Just an update.  Alex responded to my email, with recommendations of how to reshape it:

"Unfortunately it is one of the inherent and unchangeable facts about silicone that if you bend it out of shape consistently and long enough, it will eventually start to warp. This IS fixable if you, say put it in a draw with objects gently pushed up against it that bend it back in the opposite direction and leave it to sit like that for a couple of weeks. (just make sure you check on it regularly to ensure it's not starting to bend in ways you don't want it to)"

He also offered to send me another one that has cosmetic flaws at no extra cost.  I'm very happy with the outcome, he's a pleasure to work with.

I'm actually quite glad to see other guys with some wear and tear problems as up until now no one had mentioned it. My EZP has got quite a bad crease where it bends as I pack it down and sleep with it every night. The cup also seems to have got a bit skewed and doesn't sit as symmetrical as it did before and I feel like both of these factors are impairing the stp ability slightly. The other problem I have is that some small what look like air bubbles are beginning to tear on the other side where the EZP bends. Difficult to describe so I'll add pictures.
(hopefully this link works): http://imgur.com/a/nVq6t
I haven't yet contacted Alex yet but I will send him these photos and see what he says.
  •  

Bimmer Guy

Quote from: mbx on January 28, 2016, 06:03:30 PM
I'm actually quite glad to see other guys with some wear and tear problems as up until now no one had mentioned it. My EZP has got quite a bad crease where it bends as I pack it down and sleep with it every night. The cup also seems to have got a bit skewed and doesn't sit as symmetrical as it did before and I feel like both of these factors are impairing the stp ability slightly. The other problem I have is that some small what look like air bubbles are beginning to tear on the other side where the EZP bends. Difficult to describe so I'll add pictures.
(hopefully this link works): http://imgur.com/a/nVq6t
I haven't yet contacted Alex yet but I will send him these photos and see what he says.

Yes, I think it is pretty simple.  You bend yours down, so over time silicone is going to flatten.  I think Alex expects that everyone is going to wear it the way that he suggests, which is flat against the body.  He should probably make a comment on his web site that if the person decides to bend it, that it will damage the shape.

I would stop wearing it that way, right away.  It is natural that it will tear if you keep bending the silicone.

•  

RaptorChops

I sent mine out to Alex last week. I feel a bit lost not being able to use a urinal :(.

I'm not sure if he's going to just send me a basic one or actually color match the old one (since that's what I paid for). Then again I guess it was my error for laying around in it too much. Hopefully I get one of the newer ones with the longer shaft :) color matched or not.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno.
  •