Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

legs

Started by ChelseaAnn, December 04, 2014, 12:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChelseaAnn

I guess this isn't completely about passing, so if there is a more appropriate section, feel free to move my topic.
Anyway, I am curious on how to get my legs smoother. So far, I just shave them. However, I have some small blemishes on them (some are small cuts that I get for an unknown reason). Is there a way I can make them look smoother, and rid myself of the blemishes?
http://chelseatransition.blogspot.com/

MTF, transitioning in 2015
  •  

awilliams1701

My sister is recommending sugar scrub once a week to exfoliate. I haven't started this yet, but I will this weekend. I'm hoping this will help as well, but I'm also open to other suggestions.
Ashley
  •  

islandgirl

I was shaving for a number of months but have now found that waxing leaves my legs and everywhere else much smoother.
  •  

awilliams1701

I actually think shaving is the worst for smooth legs. I've tried both veet and epilating. Epilating seems to have the best results between the two and it seems to last the longest as well. I haven't tried waxing yet.
Ashley
  •  

TSJasmine

I exfoliate every monday & friday with a shea sugar scrub & it does WONDERS for smoothness. It makes your body so smooth & beautiful lol Just try it. You'll notice a difference even when you're not shaved. It's that great.
  •  

big kim

Get waxed at a salon
  •  

PinkCloud

I use sea salt to scrub, after I epilate the legs.

I suffer from keratosis pilaris, a common ailment (50% of people) of the skin where the skin makes more keratin than it needs, which makes the skin feel rough and filled with red dots. Scrubbing with salt does seem to cure that for me.
  •  

BreezyB

I would definetly say waxing is best for smooth shiny legs. But also moisturising
"I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are" - Mary Lambert

•  

Ms Grace

Waxing, exfoliating, moisturising... these are three of my favourite things. Yes, even the waxing. ;D
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

awilliams1701

I did the sugar scrub for the first time today. It felt amazing. My legs don't look what I would like, but they do look better. I think its going to take a couple of times before it works.
Ashley
  •  

Pandora

HRT, epilation, exfoliation and moisturising has worked for me.
Shaving is definitely something I'd avoid as the cut ends feel like sandpaper after a few hours.
Waxing would be as good or better than epilation I guess but is going to be more fiddly.
  •  

awilliams1701

Exfoliating with sugar scrub alone wasn't enough for me. I got a foot sander and used it on my legs. It made a HUGE difference instantly. I guess I'm one of those people with super thick skin on my legs. (My arms are fine.)
Ashley
  •  

Pandora

OMG you use a sander on your legs :icon_yikes: . I gotta try this...
  •  

awilliams1701

That's basically what it is. Its called a pedi perfect or something to that extend, but I noticed Dr Scholls also has one. Its designed to grind off the excess skin on your foot, but it worked on my legs too. Just be careful. I ended up in pain after one of my sessions. I ground a little too much off. The pain went away pretty quickly, but they were visibly affected for a few days. If you do it, I would do it very, very quickly.

Quote from: Pandora on March 16, 2015, 12:25:03 PM
OMG you use a sander on your legs :icon_yikes: . I gotta try this...
Ashley
  •