Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

(Yet again) About hair removal

Started by Beatriz, April 03, 2015, 06:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beatriz

(I know this has probably been asked a thousand times over, but I did read quite a few pages of topics about the subject here at Susan's and haven't been able to decide 100%, so yeah)

Uhm, so, hi guys. I've been lurking on Susan's for quite a while already, probably about 2 years?, but only decided to register for an account now. I'm MTF, 18 years old. I started HRT 9 months ago, been living full-time for a little over a year. I do pass nowadays with anyone I talk to, people often stare at me still, but if I talk my voice kind of makes me pass by default.

I have pale skin and dark hair... I've had what I believe were 7 sessions of laser hair removal on my face. It's more than enough to pass, the hairs are mostly invisible even from close-up and I get no shadow, but I have to shave once a day if I don't want my face to feel fuzzy to the touch, which really bothers me.

What I know is that, as a general rule, laser is permanent reduction while electrolysis is permanent removal. Most lasers doesn't work with any hair color other than black, and you'd most likely have to finish up with electrolysis after laser treatment anyway.

The thing is, one way or another, I am living full-time. I could bear with not having any more hair removal treatment, as I'd just have to shave every day, but well... it really doesn't feel good at all to shave, nor to think that I have to shave. Back when I was doing the laser sessions, I was living full-time but didn't pass either way (my voice was male), so it didn't matter to me much how my face looked shortly afterwards.

What would you guys recommend doing at this point? More laser sessions, perhaps at another place? Electrolysis requires that you don't shave (!) for at least a good while before sessions as far as I know, and that'd honestly just make me cry even if I pass... so I don't know if I'd want to get it done at all, even later...

EDIT: I asked that the topic be moved, since it was in the Transitioning section. It didn't occur to me to look over on the Beauty forums, and tbh to me hair removal doesn't have much to do with "beauty", but okay o.o.

Thank you all in advance for the attention.
Just call me Bea for short~.
Body under construction.

Since I tend to write too much, I often use bold and italics to try and give focus to the parts I judge more important. This is not meant to be offensive in any way.
  •  

Ms Grace

Hey Beatriz

Welcome to Susan's  :)  Great to have you here - looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

Hair removal is definitely the bane of the full timer. I have light hair so it has been electro all the way - not only can you not shave a few days before you should avoid shaving the area for a couple of days after to avoid scars and infections. Not a good look. But if you can get away with showing your face even with a few days growth (usually it feels worse than it looks) then go for it. If your hair is still dark enough you might still consider a few more laser sessions if they think it will make a difference. Chances are you will still need some electro but at least once it's gone it is gone.

Please check out the following links for site rules, helpful tips and other info...

Cheers

Grace
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Beatriz

Thank you for the reply, Grace :)

Quote from: Ms Grace on April 03, 2015, 07:06:06 AM
Hey Beatriz

Welcome to Susan's  :)  Great to have you here - looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

[...] Please check out the following links for site rules, helpful tips and other info...
Cheers
Grace
Thank you for the information, I'm aware of the guidelines now.
Just a quick question: what does the "women born transsexual" under Prohibited Topics mean exactly?

(Sorry to ask here, normally I'd PM but I don't have enough posts for that yet)

@Topic

From the last topic I read, laser treatment is supposed to have good effects on pale skin with dark hair, and I've seen many saying here they got great results after 10+ sessions... so while I'm satisfied with my facial hair looks-wise, I feel I could've gotten better results if I went for more sessions before electrolysis, or if I went for a different laser type. That's why I'm asking. (Yeah, my hair is mostly dark still)

I come from quite the hairy family, so overall dealing with body hair isn't very fun either, even with testosterone blockers. I'll most likely want some sort of hair removal treatment on my legs, arms and chest area later, so that I can avoid the hassle of epilating: with the amount of hair I have, it takes HOURS, and me not doing it regularly is just asking for free dysphoria.

I'm considering laser treatment for those large areas. If I can get rid of the dark hair so that only the light, feminine hair is left, and if I can epilate significantly less often without looking or feeling horrible because of it, that'd be more than enough for me.

And, well... I do also have quite the hairy butt and buttocks, which I don't know what to do about.  :-X

So, has anyone else had laser treatment for body hair for some feedback?
Body under construction.

Since I tend to write too much, I often use bold and italics to try and give focus to the parts I judge more important. This is not meant to be offensive in any way.
  •  

katrinaw

Welcome Beatriz  :icon_wave:
I have not started Laser or Electro yet, but will soon, more likely Electro on face and neck as my hair is light to grey.

Body hair, HRT sorted, it has also thinned down and lightened Arm, Butt and leg hair, but I do Epilate still, hair is lighter and more downy than before HRT...

Generally the earlier you start Laser on body and limb hair the better, as once it lightens up, it's Electro, Waxing, Epilating or shaving... But seriously my body hair has vanished, just odd whispy ones every now and then, no big deal...

L Katy  :-*

Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

Beatriz

Thanks for the reply and welcome, Katrina :)

That sounds great, it's good when HRT reaches such results. I've heard that other than follicles triggered by T on puberty, like the ones on your face, neck and chest, T-blockers should be able to revert your hair patterns to female patterns.

Still, like I said, I come from a hairy family, and mom's arms don't exactly look pleasant to me :-\. They do look feminine, but she has darker skin than me to mask it. And, for me any hair on my body at all that isn't light hair or in a female-only pattern would trigger dsyphoric feelings, since I associate dark hair with my very very hairy dad.

I'm planning on getting my face done first and letting HRT do what it can to body hair, mostly because of budget limitations, but I'll still most likely need laser elsewhere on my body anyway. Thanks again for the feedback.
Body under construction.

•