Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

change eye color

Started by warmbody28, April 05, 2015, 09:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warmbody28

so i wasn't sure where to put this but is anyone in the Trans/intersex community changing their eye color? i know its getting more popular in the states
http://www.brightocular.com/
  •  

kelly_aus

Can't say I'd be doing it after reading their site..
  •  

warmbody28

do you feel its to risky ?
  •  

kelly_aus

The list of possible complications seems a little long for what they claim is a fairly straightforward procedure.

And I wasn't all that impressed with their pics either.
  •  

Mariah

No thanks, I will pass. I will take my eyes and eye color as they are.
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Rejennyrated

It might even happen spontaneously, although probably not as dramatically as that.

My eyes have always subltly changed colour spontaneously in response to hormone levels. When I was a child they were definitely green, as I went through puberty they became first dark brown, and then when I started HRH in my early twenties they became a hazel green, and although this is self observation, and therefore highly unscientific, I notice the shade seems to vary in line with my titrated levels.

(Being a curious type, I have mostly done my own bloodwork and titrations over the last three decades, though under the loose supervision of a GP, so I have indeed got data on this, but without doing a randomised control trial or cohort study, its not strong enough to draw any firm conclusion.)
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Rejennyrated on April 06, 2015, 05:10:27 AM
It might even happen spontaneously, although probably not as dramatically as that.

My eyes have always subltly changed colour spontaneously in response to hormone levels. When I was a child they were definitely green, as I went through puberty they became first dark brown, and then when I started HRH in my early twenties they became a hazel green, and although this is self observation, and therefore highly unscientific, I notice the shade seems to vary in line with my titrated levels.

(Being a curious type, I have mostly done my own bloodwork and titrations over the last three decades, though under the loose supervision of a GP, so I have indeed got data on this, but without doing a randomised control trial or cohort study, its not strong enough to draw any firm conclusion.)
You're not the only one. There are blogs, and there was a thread recently
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?topic=159084.0
where quite a few people stated their eye colours changed.

hugs
  •  

ikanote

I realize how less special my eyes will be getting in the future :S
I wouldn't change my eye color necessarily but if I could have a different color... it would greenish grey.. I'm color blind so I like everyone to see my eyes the color i can see.. My current eye color is hazel but it changes a lot.. sometimes they get really light.. and look green.. but I can't see these things.. so I believe my mom haha
  •  

JoanneB

I'd rather stick to my green contacts on the days I don't care for brown.

TBH - Most of the photos look like something out of a Sci-Fi movie  :o
.          (Pile Driver)  
                    |
                    |
                    ^
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •