Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I urgently need a good method of binding for a friend

Started by fitzyfoop, April 09, 2015, 06:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzyfoop

As the title suggests, I really need one! His binders aren't arriving and he's using a homemade one that apparently hurts him! Please, I really would appreciate help if anyone can provide it!
  •  

fitzyfoop

And if somebody can, could you move this to the FTM discussion please?
  •  

fitzyfoop

And I know I might be pushing my luck a bit, but if somebody can, could you give me a list of the cons of self medding T? He told me he was going to illegally buy it online, and I think I might have deterred him a bit, but if someone could give me more info it'd be amazing
  •  

Devlyn

Your friend is rather self destructive. Can he go informed consent where he lives?

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

fitzyfoop

I apologise, but what do you mean by that? He's out, but he has told me previously that his parents don't think he's "ready" to start T
  •  

Devlyn

Informed consent is a faster path to hormones, but not everywhere allows it. https://www.susans.org/wiki/wiki/Informed_consent

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

fitzyfoop

Thank you for the information, but I'm fairly sure we don't have that here in Ireland
  •  

fitzyfoop

I actually think that he can't go down that route because he's only 17
  •  

Devlyn

OK, is there any chance you can get him to browse the site and see how the guys here take care of business? The support feels good for just about everyone who visits.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

fitzyfoop

I asked him, I think he's going to have a look around
  •  

Devlyn

:) If you're reading this, you should be aware that you can hurt yourself binding, and hormones can do a number on your insides. Please be safe and patient.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Devlyn

•  

fitzyfoop

It might be because I'm on mobile but the link doesn't seem to go to a specific topic
  •  

fitzyfoop

It was a tapatalk related issue, friend, if youre reading this, here's the tapatalk one; https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?topic=44800.0
  •  

Devlyn

It's working for my android. Try copying it. Here's the FTM Gear section, more binder threads than you can shake a stick at: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,324.0.html 

The wording in our Terms of Service give an indication of why it's dangerous to self med. No one would spend 12 years in med school if there was no trick to prescribing hormones.

8. The discussion of hormone replacement therapy(HRT) and it's medications are permitted, with the following limitations:

A. You may not advocate for or against a specific medication or combinations of medication for personal gain. This is strictly prohibited.

B. You may not discuss the means to acquire HRT medications without a prescription. The discussion of self medication without a doctors supervision is prohibited.

C. The discussion of recommended or actual dosages is strongly discouraged to prevent information obtained on this site from being used to self medicate.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Sulmor10

I'm in Ireland too!

As for binding, he should get a well-priced pair of shapewear pants and cut a hole in the crotch area for his head. It sounds weird, but I bind this way and it works very well, though I'm very small in the chest so there's not much to be flattened.
  •  

fitzyfoop

Thanks, and Hi! But his binder arrived on Thursday(I think) so it's no longer urgent
  •  

Sulmor10

•