Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Eerie moment

Started by Dennis, December 22, 2005, 09:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis

I bought my mum a cell phone and a landline phone and answering machine for Christmas (we opened gifts tonight - trying to stay away from Christmas stuff that reminds us of Dad, who passed away a couple of years ago).

I was testing the answering machine, so I phoned her on her new cell phone and left a message. When we played it back, I sounded just like Dad, only with a Canadian accent. We both were taken aback. The answering machine that had been replaced had Dad's voice on it, but the tape heads were gone. So it was really weird standing there, where we usually would hear Dad's voice on the answering machine and hearing his voice again. Only it was me.

And on the what I got for Christmas theme, I got a new leather briefcase (satchel style) and a dress watch. Mum won the watch in a fundraising lottery she enters every year about this time. She's won a watch every time she's entered (I think the grand prize is some multi-million dollar house). This is the first time she's won a men's watch, so that was cool.

Gone for the weekend tomorrow after work. Have a good Christmas everyone.

Dennis
  •  

Valerie

Thanks for sharing, Dennis, and yes, it was eerie...but also perhaps a bit of a Christmas miracle?  Glad you had a nice time with your mom.  Merry Christmas, and do be careful out there, safe travels...

Godspeed,
Valerie
  •  

Peggiann

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure yu both were wide eyed for a minute.

Do have a Great weekend and Happy Holidays, Be safe!!

Peggiann
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hey there Dennis,

That was an eerie moment.  May it was your dads way of letting you both know that he was still there at this time of year.  Anyway, have yourself a very merry Christmas as well.

Take care,

Steph
  •  

Teri Anne

That's incredible, Dennis.  Though I'm not generally a believer in supernatural stuff, I have, a few rare times, had something like you told us about where you just sit, your mouth dropped open, your mind asking, "Huh?!

The best part is that your experience, not that you need it, subtly gives you a validated feel....And why not?  Your speaking in the same pitch and tone as father is like it was MEANT TO BE. 

Merry Christmas, Dennis.

Teri Anne
  •