Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Muslim and Transgender

Started by Hannah Samira, April 27, 2015, 04:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannah Samira

Hiya!!

I just wanted to see how many fellow Transgender Muslims there are here! I'm really curious as to how you feel being both Transgender and Muslim as well as how your family have taken it.

I'm still in the closet myself (to be honest I don't know how I'm going to ever leave the closet!! :( ) but I was just hoping to hear some stories/advice from other people who have been in my position.

xx
Twitter: @HannahSamira14
Instagram: @hannah_samira14

:angel:
  •  

ghostly

Greetings  !

I'm  muslim  & yes  there  is  no different  between as  dear ,we  r family  & we  r  in  the  same  way  <3

I'm  not  transgender  yet  (ftm) ! because  it's  not  easy  to  make  such  type  of  operations  in my

environment  ,  but  i'm  keeping  my faith  ^__^

Thank u .

Best  regards .
  •  

Ian68

Hey Sophie and Ghostly,

I have actually studied Islam quite a lot, and have many friends who are practicing Muslims.  I don't adhere to any one religion but there is quite a bit of overlap with my faith and Islam so, you  both feel free to PM me if you want to talk about trans stuff in the context of Islam.  I think I'm a good bit older than Sophie at least you, and perhaps Ghostly as well so, I'm happy to offer whatever insights I have.

Salam :)
"They can't cure us.  You wanna know why?  Because there's nothing to cure.  There's nothing wrong with you, or any of us for that matter." - Ororo Munroe (aka Storm), X-Men: The Last Stand
  •  

Serena

Assalamualaikum sisters!

I am muslim too, and I am transitioning only on hormones right now, I have to say that I live in the U.S., and I was born into a muslim family and they are not supportive. Hope you will all be able to live your lives as your true selves.
  •  

Hannah Samira

Quote from: Ian68 on April 28, 2015, 09:56:49 PM
Hey Sophie and Ghostly,

I have actually studied Islam quite a lot, and have many friends who are practicing Muslims.  I don't adhere to any one religion but there is quite a bit of overlap with my faith and Islam so, you  both feel free to PM me if you want to talk about trans stuff in the context of Islam.  I think I'm a good bit older than Sophie at least you, and perhaps Ghostly as well so, I'm happy to offer whatever insights I have.

Salam :)

Thanks Ian, you seem to be a very intelligent guy!! ;) I know who to come to if I need any help on this site!! :) xx

Quote from: Serena ♡ on April 28, 2015, 10:01:01 PM
Assalamualaikum sisters!

I am muslim too, and I am transitioning only on hormones right now, I have to say that I live in the U.S., and I was born into a muslim family and they are not supportive. Hope you will all be able to live your lives as your true selves.

Walaykumsalam Serena, and may I just say MashAllah you are stunning!! :) <3
I'm sorry to hear about your family, do you mind me asking if they're still talking to you?? Being disowned over this is a big fear of mine xx
Twitter: @HannahSamira14
Instagram: @hannah_samira14

:angel:
  •