Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are your experiences with depro-provera? (About to go on it)

Started by xaveysaur, May 06, 2015, 05:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xaveysaur

So I'm about to go on depo, and I really want to know other people's experience with it.
I'm kinda far away from transitioning because I have some weight to lose before that, BUT for now I'm gonna go on depo to get rid of my period.

So for people who have been on it, what's it like? Were there any side-effects? How many times did you take it for bleeding to stop completely etc.

Thank you!  :)
  •  

Mariah

HI Xaveysaur, welcome to Susan's. I look forward to seeing you around the site. I'm sure someone will be along who can answer your question. Good luck and hugs.
Mariah

Please check out the following links for site rules, helpful tips and other info...

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Ms Grace

Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

xaveysaur

Whoa, thanks! That's useful! :D
I'm just wondering about other people's experiences with it :P
But yeah, thank you for the link to info on it! :)
  •  

linkthetwink

In my experience, deposit sucks. Just gonna be honest about that. I got my first shot on march 4th and have NOT stopped bleeding since then. It may just be me and my "organs" not wanting to cooperate, but I've gotten borderline anemic from bleeding so much and now I'm stuck taking horse pill prenatal vitamins. If you're going to go on deposit, it will probably take 2 or 3 shots in order to stop your period. I really hope it will stop mine soon because I dont know how much longer I can take this x_x make sure to get yourself a nice big bottle of vitamins with all the good stuff in it just in case you end up bleeding like I have. One of the side affects is weight gain, but I've lost 6 pounds in the past 2 months. Good luck! I hope you have a better experience than I have.
Not another queer kid. :eusa_shhh:
url=https://www.susans.org/forums][/url]
  •  

catandry

honestly, i was on it for a year and bled the entire time. it sucked. A LOT. i would recommend an IUD or the nuvaring. im on an IUD right now (non hormonal) and everything is fine aside from heavier periods and maybe a few off timing ones.
"Don't try to sleep through the end of the world and bury me alive. 'Cause I won't give up without a fight." - Panic! At The Disco
  •