Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Would you wear one of these?

Started by Jake25, June 03, 2015, 02:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake25

These are pronoun tags. How would you feel about wearing one of these? Why or why wouldn't you wear one?

Tos 1 no links unless ranked family or staff.
  •  

AndrewB

They're neat, but I wouldn't, simply because I'd rather be stealth, as I'm starting to be now that I'm out of high school. You just never know what kind of narrow-minded individual with too much projected hate might see one of those and... god, who knows what. I'm vulnerable enough, being openly gay, without adding trans to the list. They'd be cool at like a pride parade or event, though, where you're less likely to be singled out!
Andrew | 21 | FTM | US | He/Him/His

•  

Jake25

Yes, I see what you mean about someone trying to target you for harrassment. So you're only just coming out of highschool? Gay as in you're attracted to other men or gay as in you were a gay female that's still attracted to women?
  •  

AndrewB

Quote from: Jake25 on June 03, 2015, 03:30:23 PM
Yes, I see what you mean about someone trying to target you for harrassment. So you're only just coming out of highschool? Gay as in you're attracted to other men or gay as in you were a gay female that's still attracted to women?

Just got out of high school today, I turned 18 in September (so I'm one of the earliest people of my class to have a birthday). And I identify as male, so that makes me gay as in attracted to men, as a man. Honestly harassment isn't too big of a worry here in Northern Oregon, but still, a risk is a risk.
Andrew | 21 | FTM | US | He/Him/His

•  

Tysilio

Nope.

1. They're pointless for providing people with information, as they're not big enough for someone to read until they're far too close for comfort.

2. I don't wear jewelry, but if I did I still wouldn't wear these: they're crudely made and about as attractive as the hand-stamped ID tags the state makes us put on our whitefish nets.

Then again, I'm someone who doesn't do bumper stickers or lapel buttons, either, so I guess I'm not part of the target market.
Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •  

Lady Smith

No.

They are crudely made for a start, - even on a bad day I could do better.  But apart from that I wouldn't be seen dead wearing something like that.
  •  

Jake25

The main reason I liked them was because they were sort of crudely made. I like things that look like military dog tags. I agree that I don't want to be that conspicuous.
  •  

Tysilio

Mmm... I dunno. I have my father's WWII dog tag on my keychain, and it's a heck of a lot classier-looking than what's shown on that website.

But if you like them, go for it.

(Nice avatar, by the way... )
  •  

Jake25

Quote from: Tysilio on June 04, 2015, 09:14:31 PM
Mmm... I dunno. I have my father's WWII dog tag on my keychain, and it's a heck of a lot classier-looking than what's shown on that website.

But if you like them, go for it.

(Nice avatar, by the way... )

Thanks, I was inspired by your handsome man so I chose another handsome man.
  •  

Tysilio

Sir Sean and I take that as quite a compliment.

(Embracing our inner eggheads! )
  •  

Jake25

Quote from: Tysilio on June 05, 2015, 11:25:01 AM
Sir Sean and I take that as quite a compliment.

(Embracing our inner eggheads! )

Good humor.
  •