Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Which gender laughs more?

Started by Jake25, June 10, 2015, 10:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake25

Which gender do you think laughs more? Do you think it has more to do with what they're laughing at? Discuss?
  •  

marsh monster

Women, because chances are, a man is doing something stupid to laugh at....    >:-) :P :D
  •  

Jake25

I laugh a lot, but I've often been criticized in my life for laughing at things that aren't supposed to be funny. I've been told when I was a teenager that my sense of humor was insensitive and inappropriate. My laughter was hysterical and loud. Women normally don't think it's funny, it's usually a few men who laugh at me, but not many.
  •  

Laura_Squirrel

I think it depends on the person and not the gender. If you are some sour and grumpy douche, then you probably don't laugh all that much. Then, you have those that are so overly bubbly and happy, that laugh so much that you want to stick a fork in their head.

It's better to be somewhere in the middle. But, then you get into what is "appropriate humor". I can laugh at some pretty screwed up things at times.
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: marsh monster on June 10, 2015, 10:27:04 PM
Women, because chances are, a man is doing something stupid to laugh at....    >:-) :P :D

That is so politically incorrect :laugh:
  •  

Yenneffer

Hugs I love you brothers and sisters just forgive this confused girl
  •  

Tysilio

Quote from: Cindy
Quote from: marsh monsterWomen, because chances are, a man is doing something stupid to laugh at....   

Actually, it may not be; a while ago now, someone did a survey on men's and women's biggest fears about each other. The majority of women feared that men would rape and murder them; the majority of men feared that women would laugh at them.

Says just a teeny bit about male privilege, doesn't it?
Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •  

Jake25

Quote from: Tysilio on June 11, 2015, 11:10:45 AM

Actually, it may not be; a while ago now, someone did a survey on men's and women's biggest fears about each other. The majority of women feared that men would rape and murder them; the majority of men feared that women would laugh at them.

Yes, but it also makes the men who are afraid of being laughed at sound really weak.
  •  

AquaWhatever

•  

DawnOday

Based on my experience women tend to smile more. This has been one of the things my mentor has hit on. So she has me watch interviews of women to see their nuances. As to laughing? Everyone laugh's when they are drunk until they are too drunk. I want to be able to belly laugh unabashedly. I envy anyone who can.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Lucy Ross

Quote from: Tysilio on June 11, 2015, 11:10:45 AM

That wasn't a survey, it's a quote from Margaret Atwood. 

One actual survey from the late 80s showed that women most feared loss of a family member or friend; men primarily feared their own death.
1982-1985 Teenage Crossdresser!
2015-2017 Middle Aged Crossdresser!  Or...?
April 2017 Electrolysis Time  :icon_yikes:
July 12th, 2017 Started HRT  :icon_chick:
  •  

Kylo

Women seem to smile more; there's a chance that follows on into laughing or giggling more often.

But I'd say it's an even split in my experience.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Julia1996

That's very true! Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

TonyaW

Women, because chances are, a man is doing something stupid to laugh at....    >:-) [emoji14] :D
Quote from: Cindy on June 11, 2015, 02:44:54 AM
That is so politically incorrect [emoji23]
Not if it's true.  Lot more men than women on those stupid ways to die shows.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

November Fox

Men laugh about different things than women. Women laugh about different things than men. And then there are the individual differences  ;D

Party pooper here.

I daresay most of us laugh more after identity/gender discovery though :)
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: November Fox on February 02, 2018, 11:10:07 AM
Men laugh about different things than women. Women laugh about different things than men. And then there are the individual differences  ;D

Party pooper here.

I daresay most of us laugh more after identity/gender discovery though :)

Yeah, individual differences.  I've had many people and family members get mad at me for laughing at them when they've fallen or done something stupid. Most recently it was my boyfriend. He bought these expensive sunglasses with bendable frames. So he's sitting there playing with them, bending them and unending them. I told him to stop before he broke them. So I got mansplained about how the point of flexible frames was so they didn't break and then he demonstrated how flexible the frames were and SNAP! They broke in half! I nearly hurt myself laughing so hard. He got mad at me for laughing.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •