Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

National Coming Out Day 2007 {HRC}

Started by LostInTime, September 08, 2007, 01:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

LostInTime

From Hypatia's wonderful post:

While trying to get up the nerve to come out to my father and son within the next couple months, my nerve got a boost from e-mail that HRC just sent me:

HRC Coming Out Kits NOW AVAILABLE for
National Coming Out Day 2007!

Get ready to "Talk About It" on October 11, NCOD!

The theme for National Coming Out Day 2007 will be Talk About It, continuing the slogan and branding that the national program has been building since 2005.

National Coming Out Day is a time to celebrate openness and honesty – whether you came out 20 minutes ago, or 20 years ago –  this is a time for all Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Straight supportive people to Talk About It with friends, family and coworkers.

Coming Out Day Kits include:

*      Resource Guides to Coming Out
*      Straight Guides to GLBT Americans
*      Transgender Coming Out Guides
*      Poster, Balloons and HRC Stickers
*      And everything else you'll need to celebrate living openly!

To order your kit, please visit:
www.hrc.org/comingoutkits

This year will also mark an important hallmark as National Coming Out Day, falls on the 20th anniversary of the 1987 Gay and Lesbian March on Washington, and the unfurling of the AIDS Quilt on the National Mall. The very first National Coming Out Day was celebrated a year to the day later as a way of continuing the spirit of openness, honesty and visibility that the March and the AIDS Quilt presentation inspired.

Keep watch in Mid-September for an announcement from HRC inviting everyone to participate in a unique and exciting National Coming Out Day Celebration!

HRC's page on Coming Out as Transgendered
  •