Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Wigs at theme parks?

Started by minxiejinxielynxie, July 26, 2015, 09:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minxiejinxielynxie

I really wasn't sure where to ask this, hope this is the right place lol

My family are going on a trip to Florida this Christmas, and I'd like to go while dressing as female, like I have for about a year now (wig, breast forms), but my dad isn't so sure if it's a good idea.

Basically he thinks that my wig could come off on one of the rides / roller coasters. At first I though it was a bit funny, because my dad is a big worrier, and I said it should be fine.
But now I'm starting to wonder if it will be. I have had to fix my wig at times when I'm on nights out, but its only little bits; but as well, my hair net under my wig sometimes seems to undo itself underneath and come off, and I have to keep pulling my wig down at the back of my head from time to time (thinking this last one is just because I haven't had my hair cut in a while)

At first I was just thinking rides in WDW that wouldn't be too much trouble, like Big Thunder Mountain and Expedition Everest, but now I'm just remembering about the much much bigger and faster rides with G forces like Shiekra and The Mummy in Busch Gardens and Universal Studios, and I'm getting worried that I'm gonna have to be holding my wig town tight on these; which would be quite annoying to do for every single coaster and look quite silly in ride photos (unless I buy an Indiana Jones hat and pretend I'm posing lol)

Anyway, my question is; will I be okay to wear my wig in these Florida theme parks? i.e Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens. I go on practically every ride there is and I really don't wanna miss out just because my wig would come off. Or is there anything I can do to make sure that it stays down and attached to my head. I still have some short hair underneath, but it's receding/masculine and wouldn't pass with it.
The only solution I've found is to tie a scarf around my head but I don't really like that look on me.
If I had my own world, I'd build you an empire
My Instagram
  •  

Mado G

Honestly, I don't think it would be a good idea. You'll have a lot more fun on the rides if you aren't panicking about your wig.

The headscarf look may not be to your taste, but if you can live with it for the day, surrounded by (presumably) only strangers, that's the route I'd go. The alternative (losing a good wig) is really not something you want to risk.

If you are set on having hair while on the rides, you might consider buying a very cheap (disposable) wig, wear it for the day, and resolve yourself going in to the idea that it may fly off mid-ride.  :-\
Mado G.

"This mountain is so formed that it is always wearisome when one begins the ascent, but becomes easier the higher one climbs." ― Dante Alighieri, Purgatorio
  •  

Devlyn

There are a lot of ways to secure a wig, tape, bobby pins, etc. Try them out by sticking your head out the car window. If a sixty mile an hour wind doesn't pull it off you'll probably be OK!  ;D

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Marlee

get yourself a funky turban. They aren't great, but there are some cool ones on the net.
  •  

KarlMars

This is a good question. It makes me wonder if I ever go bald if I'll have to paste a wig on, because I workout and want to become a fitness trainer someday. I'd have to take it off to go swimming definitely.

Do you go swimming or workout,OP? I bet that wig gets really hot in the summer too?

Eva Marie

It depends on the wig's cap construction and whether or not you use wig tape.

A wig with combs will be more secure than a wig with a standard cap construction. The combs go into your natural hair and help to hold the wig on.

With that said I used to wear cheap wigs with standard wig cap construction and a piece of wig tape at the front to tape it onto my forehead. I also had the same problem of constantly having to pull down the wig cap in the back.

One day I was rushing down some outside wide concrete stairs on a sidewalk at school because I was running late for a class. The boots I had on that day were knee high leather with a 4 inch heel. Of course I tripped and I did a header down the stairs. I was scraped up and highly embarrassed but thank heavens my wig stayed on. The tape works.

You can get wig tape at your local beauty supply - they have different styles to choose from. I preferred the kind with a gentle arch. You might also get some wig tape remover - the tape sometimes gets into your hair and without the remover you'll probably rip out hair removing the tape.
  •