News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Yeson voice feminization surgery 2.0

Started by anjaq, July 21, 2015, 07:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iKate

Yeah I dunno.

I struggle a bit in the morning but by 8AM I'm good to go.

Might be normal.
  •  

anjaq

I can guess the reply :D - If you overused your voice, rest your voice for some days, drink lots of water and try not to speak ;)

It happened to me too once. I did 2 days of strong voice rest and 2 days of really just saying a few sentences a day and then the hoarseness was getting better. I think it was during week 6 or 7.

•  

Dana88

Quote from: anjaq on August 30, 2015, 04:08:16 PM
I can guess the reply :D - If you overused your voice, rest your voice for some days, drink lots of water and try not to speak ;)

It happened to me too once. I did 2 days of strong voice rest and 2 days of really just saying a few sentences a day and then the hoarseness was getting better. I think it was during week 6 or 7.

Yeah. I emailed about some hoarseness last week (though not as bad as this) and that was the reply. But again, today, after I actually used my voice for a bit and it got a bit more warmed up, now it feels totally fine and is sitting nice and high. Maybe it's actually not over usage but under usage if that makes any sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~Dana
  •  

Lynne

I think under usage can make sense too. Although I didn't have VFS I experience something similar when I don't use my voice and I've seen the same thing with other people as well(including two MtFs).
  •  

Dana88

Quote from: Lynne on August 30, 2015, 06:45:15 PM
I think under usage can make sense too. Although I didn't have VFS I experience something similar when I don't use my voice and I've seen the same thing with other people as well(including two MtFs).

Yeah, the speech pathologist I saw was saying it's a fine line to walk because of course you don't want to push TOO hard to the point of damage, but you also don't want to be too ginger with your voice because if you are you don't gain strength back. So she was saying you do have to push it a little to get it back in shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~Dana
  •  

iKate

The long awaited month 2.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0iH7r4AOVYX

Forgive the echoes, this is not the room I usually do my recordings in.

The pitch is all over the place, as low as 180Hz and as high as 267Hz.

It's not really all that different from two weeks ago but I mean I have a whole year.

Toward the end I caught myself saying, "hmm" involuntarily. To me the ability to do this and have an unmistakably feminine pitch made the surgery totally worth it. I would do it again given the choice.
  •  

iKate

And not for nothing, I'm looking for a job right now so being able to "pass" on phone interviews is helpful.
  •  

Sydney_NYC

Quote from: iKate on August 30, 2015, 10:21:36 PM
And not for nothing, I'm looking for a job right now so being able to "pass" on phone interviews is helpful.

What happened???
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

iKate

Quote from: Sydney_NYC on August 30, 2015, 10:41:37 PM
What happened???

Long story.

A few things.

First and foremost, I think I'm being forced out based on people who are being hired to work in my team, who I don't get along with AT ALL.

I was going to leave anyway in 1-2 years but I may have to accelerate that plan.

Don't want to give too many details here.

I've also grown very conflicted over my work and what it supports.

The commute is also just plain awful. If I can, I want something this side of the river. NYC is OK but I am beginning to hate Andrew Cuomo's attitude plus I want to be able to go get my kids if the school calls without having to wait for a NJ Transit bus.

Oh, and I think I'm worth more than what I'm being paid right now.
  •  

Dena

Report on the two month voice sample. The speaking voice was a bit monotone but the reading voice was great.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

iKate

Quote from: Dena on August 30, 2015, 10:56:23 PM
Report on the two month voice sample. The speaking voice was a bit monotone but the reading voice was great.

Yeah I suppose so. No idea why. That's interesting because it's as I suspected.

Thanks for the feedback :)
  •  

Dena

Quote from: iKate on August 30, 2015, 11:03:17 PM
Yeah I suppose so. No idea why. That's interesting because it's as I suspected.

Thanks for the feedback :)
I think the solution to the problem is you are attempting to speak on the fly. Try assembling your thoughts and know what you are going to say before you start speaking. When you read, the word are already there for you. You need to do that with your speaking voice by thinking it out before saying it.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

anjaq

Yes - I have those issues as well - if I read, its ok, but if I speak just without having the words already, I get monotonous because my voice just stays in a relaxed mode while I am trying to find the words. In the worst case I have breaks or even "hmm, emmm" sounds in between. Forming the sentences in the head before speaking is a good advice, but I think it is not easy to always follow it and takes some getting used to. But I believe if it works, it gives a better speaking voice.

•  

iKate

Well, it happened. I was called "brother" today. Called the gym to find out something.

However I had a bad line because the guy said "can't hear ya brother"

Interestingly enough when I called back he didn't refer to me as that.

Meh. It's a one time occurrence. Not worried at all.
  •  

anjaq

Sounds like the connection was broken and he just assumed, like many white guys, that he is talking to a white male. I would not give anything to that incident

•  

anjaq

Someone asked about singing Post OP and if that works ok. Amy posted a video once, which was good, Cristal posted also one after her surgery with Remarcle. I also just saw one of Jamie on the official Yeson Facebook wall, in case someone missed it:

•  

iKate

They (J-mi and midi-d) also have their own Facebook page and a lot of videos she hasn't posted here.
  •  

iKate

However I think that she trained her voice to be much higher than what the surgery gave her as well so take that for what it's worth.
  •  

Dena

A proper singing voice IS a trained voice. In playing with my voice, I have found my pitch is far higher post surgical that I would have though possible. Because the voice is still rough, I don't know just how much higher it will go once healed but I sure didn't expect that much range would come as the result of the surgery.
  •  

iKate

Quote from: Dena on September 01, 2015, 09:47:15 AM
A proper singing voice IS a trained voice. In playing with my voice, I have found my pitch is far higher post surgical that I would have though possible. Because the voice is still rough, I don't know just how much higher it will go once healed but I sure didn't expect that much range would come as the result of the surgery.

I meant that she trained her voice for high pitch when speaking, not just when singing. She said it's because it's what she wanted.
  •