Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Yeson voice feminization surgery 2.0

Started by anjaq, July 21, 2015, 07:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iKate

Quote from: Roni on October 17, 2015, 12:19:07 PM
Kate, this is the first time I've heard a recording from you and I must say you sound absolutely fantastic!! Your voice passes as cis to me. Gah! Hopefully my results end up half as good as yours!

I'm hoping and praying you do! I'm really grateful how it all came together. Thanks!
  •  

iKate

Quote from: kitten_lover on October 17, 2015, 11:12:44 AM
Nd there is my voice, excuse the washing machine in the background...

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Q0CPWr12MM

Sounds high end of gender ambiguous. Passable with looks I think. Phone I would hesitate to gender you although I would be leaning in the female direction.

Hopefully dr Kim will put you firmly into female territory.
  •  

iKate

Phone call after phone call, unambiguous "Yes, Ma'am" right off the bat... Zero hesitation, even with my old name. Latest one is with Amex for a name change. That is why this surgery was worth it for me.

If you can do it, I would 100% say do it!
  •  

Dana88

So, I'm sick for the first time since my VFS, and even though it's been almost 4 months, I'm still so paranoid. I have the flu and I'm hacking up a lung. I know at this point I'm totally healed and can't ruin the surgical site by coughing, but oof, flu-y dry hacking is NOT fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~Dana
  •  

anjaq

I dont think being sick will do anything at this point, but I still would try to follow the advices (lots of water, trying to cough without straining the vocal chords) and take medications (against cough). I still want to know if that Synatura Syrup is somehow available internationally. I think it helped a lot and I asked to take another couple of packages with me after I was in Seoul, they come in handy later.

•  

iKate

Yeah it's pretty much healed now, so I wouldn't worry.

Synatura isn't available in the USA. They just worked out a licensing deal but it hasn't gone on sale yet.

I kept some for emergencies though.
  •  

Dana88

Quote from: iKate on October 22, 2015, 04:33:31 AM
Yeah it's pretty much healed now, so I wouldn't worry.

Synatura isn't available in the USA. They just worked out a licensing deal but it hasn't gone on sale yet.

I kept some for emergencies though.

Me too :-). So I still have some left over and have been using it. And yeah, at this point I should be healed so the affect of all the coughing on my voice should just be the same as any other cold. Yes straining, maybe leave me a little tired and hoarse but then I'll get over it... I hope haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~Dana
  •  

Roni

On the wild journey to self-discovery. Free yourself.
  •  

Dana88

~Dana
  •  

iKate

•  

anjaq

Oh really? Thats neat - Happy Birthday from me too.  :angel:

•  

iKate

It's on their Korean FB page, shows him cutting cake and opening presents. Of course, it was yesterday, but the date is today since they are 13 hours ahead. :)
  •  

Macie

Hello everyone. ;D

I'm not sure if this thread is still active at all, but I was wondering about something a little weird, but it really struck my curiosity. for those who have had the surgery, are you able to shriek or scream very feminine (like a child screaming)?

•  

Dena

There are several factors involved. If you are still using your trained voice you may not be able to generate the volume. Next the shorter cords may result in less volume than you would have had before surgery. If you still need to use a trained voice, you would need to scream in the trained voice and last, those of us who have been through the process might be nervous about damaging the surgery where we to abuse our voice in that manor.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

anjaq

To be honest, I have not really screamed loudly since the surgery, I figured I will give it at least the 12 months of full healing time before I dare this. However, I can say that involuntary sounds definitely have changed for me. If someone surprises meand I go "eek", its feminine. When it comes to sounds like crying or laughing, a lot has changed, too. The voice change is not as dramatic so that I would sound like a child. There are limits to this surgery, you don't get a soprano voice if you had a bass before - so for me I have an alto voice, which means my screams and sounds are more like that of many adult women. That said - I think going higher in pitch while screaming is more a matter of muscle tension and thus does not depend on voice surgery. I could in some situations scream very high pitched even before the surgery, but again, this would not sound like a child screaming but like an adult woman screaming. To get a child's voice, I guess one would have to do more than vocal fold shortening, if its possible at all. After all body and throat/mouth/nasal cavity size - overall resonance chamber size - matters as well in the way the voice sounds.

•  

iKate

Quote from: Macie on November 29, 2015, 11:16:16 PM

Hello everyone. ;D

I'm not sure if this thread is still active at all, but I was wondering about something a little weird, but it really struck my curiosity. for those who have had the surgery, are you able to shriek or scream very feminine (like a child screaming)?

No, not yet.
  •  

anjaq

I guess in spring, i will have to find a rollercoaster to try it ;)

•  

iKate

I feel I will damage something. That register comes out raspy too.
  •  

maquillage

Hi everyone. Can anyone tell me the price of this procedure in Korean currency? I found the price in USD, but I think it would be more accurate to exchange the rate to my country's currency directly from Korean Won.

P.S. I must say the results I've heard on this thread have been very, very impressive!
  •  

iKate

Quote from: maquillage on December 07, 2015, 02:46:22 PM
Hi everyone. Can anyone tell me the price of this procedure in Korean currency? I found the price in USD, but I think it would be more accurate to exchange the rate to my country's currency directly from Korean Won.

P.S. I must say the results I've heard on this thread have been very, very impressive!

They only quoted me in US$. You can email english@yesonvc.net and ask for a quote in ₩.
  •