Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah leah

Boy mode photo before my first ever full face IPL :(

No hrt still and only 6 months of hair growth thus far from the old army cut. I hate my hair as it is wavy and has a life of its own.  I am still trying to drop weight as I now have a lot on my neck throat to shed, as well as my tummy/back. It has been a very long 9 months of preparation to get to this point. I just think I am doomed, old haggard  and ugly as sin.

Nine months into my preparation's before I can start hrt and this is my slow progress. I hope to be ready for xmas or new years!

A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting
  •  

Alaia

Quite honestly, there is not one woman in this thread whom I don't see as beautiful, amazing, radiant, and gorgeous! Were it possible, I would tell that to each and every one of you in person after giving you a big hug.

You are all awesome! Thank you for your vulnerability, thank you for your courage, and thank you for being true to your selves :) <3 <3

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray."

― Rumi
  •  

Everbrooke

Quote from: Sarah leah on August 28, 2015, 08:34:49 AM

No hrt still and only 6 months of hair growth thus far from the old army cut. I hate my hair as it is wavy and has a life of its own.  I am still trying to drop weight as I now have a lot on my neck throat to shed, as well as my tummy/back. It has been a very long 9 months of preparation to get to this point. I just think I am doomed, old haggard  and ugly as sin.

Nine months into my preparation's before I can start hrt and this is my slow progress. I hope to be ready for xmas or new years!

Wow, I already see the girl in you if I look right.  I think you'll be amazed when you start.  You have a good chin, I think your brow isn't that bad, and your hair is great.  I have wavy hair, and women just had to compliment me on it when I started growing it out.  I've been told all kinds of things about their jealousy and I'm now very happy I have my hair, but back before I knew how to care for it I was not.

I'd recommend shampoo and conditioners without sulfate compounds.  I like to use Giovanni Triple Tea Ointment shampoo and conditioner on mine:
https://thrivemarket.com/giovanni-tea-tree-triple-treat-invigorating-shampoo?fee=1&fep=2730&utm_source=google&utm_medium=pla&utm_campaign=Default%20Category%2CBath%20%26%20Body%2CBath%20%26%20Body%20%3E%20Natural%20Hair%20Care%2CBath%20%26%20Body%20%3E%20Natural%20Hair%20Care%20%3E%20Shampoo&utm_content=716237130082-Tea%20Tree%20Triple%20Treat%20Invigorating%20Shampoo&gclid=CJfkhImZzMcCFY81aQodAakMwg
It is amazing feeling, and does wonders for my scalp.  I also use a stay in conditioner with olive oil.  My favorite due to the smell is this:
http://www.houseofbeautyworld.com/hobeolcrha5o.html?cmp=googleproducts&kw=hobeolcrha5o&gclid=CLKkjrGZzMcCFYQAaQodL_0FjQ#
This moisturizes my head, keeps my hair manageable, adds a nice shine, smells good, and allows me to take days off from washing my hair, because washing daily is bad for delicate hair like ours.(REALLY it isn't good for anyone, but people with more durable hair can wash more frequently with less bad effects)

Brush it daily with the moisturizer or something similar and I think you'll see results!  :D  Hope I've been a help.
  •  

Haradonia

I want to see if people can tell me if I'm passable yet, or still getting there. But how do I attach a picture?
  •  

amber roskamp

One thing I would recommend, if possible, get off ipl and do real lasers. after five sessions my face is mostly clear of my shadow. I still have some hairs but my shadow is not really that visible.
  •  

Haradonia

Do I look Passable??? Please completely honest answers. Please oh please tell me what can I do to make myself look more feminine, recently transitioned. I literally only see a boys face and can't tell, since its mine, and hasn't changed much.

Thank You for any help! Please analyze all the photos please. And please tell me all my masculine qualities, that prohibit me from passing.
  •  

Mariah

You don't look bad at all now, but doing something with your hair probably would be what I would recommend. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Haradonia on August 28, 2015, 02:47:29 PM
Do I look Passable??? Please completely honest answers. Please oh please tell me what can I do to make myself look more feminine, recently transitioned. I literally only see a boys face and can't tell, since its mine, and hasn't changed much.

Thank You for any help! Please analyze all the photos please. And please tell me all my masculine qualities, that prohibit me from passing.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Mariah

I wouldn't say your doomed at all. Your making progress already. Hugs
Mariah

•  

archlord

Quote from: Lizandri Roth on August 28, 2015, 05:57:59 AM
Absolutely amazing.  Really unbelievable.  I'm Breathless...  Your gorgeous!!!  And pre-HRT and second time make-up.  I applaud you!  :o

Thank you , still thinking if i should transition
  •  

Mariah

You great for the point your at right now. I would say pass in at least some, if not all the photos. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: archlord on August 27, 2015, 11:27:21 AM
New wig, second time with makeup   and pre-anything.

•  

stephaniec

definitely hair style would help , but you look all right
  •  

amber roskamp

You have a very pretty face with soft features. I definitely think you will have no problems passing. You even can pull off short hair to be honest. I think you look good. Face wise at least!
  •  

LizK

This photo is pre anything and I had my makeup professionally done...I have some real doubts about ever being able to even blend in.

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

LizK

I am pre everything and have always felt I would have difficulty blending in even let alone passing..maybe with some hrt, ffs??

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?action-gallery;sa=view;id=346

I was hoping that someone would be honest enough to give me an idea of the things I need to change to improve my chances. I can take being told I can't pass better than no response at all. It won't change the ultimate outcome of my transition but I may need to take care of things I am not aware of.

Please be honest with me...I may not want to hear it but that doesn't mean I don't need too.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

AbbyKat

I understand why you only see a boy's face as that's the nature of our curse.  Just never forget that you will likely always see yourself differently than others see you (at least sometimes). 

I certainly see a cute chick when I look at those photos, though.  As you are in the photos (with exactly what you are wearing, style, no earrings, etc), I don't think you'd raise any alarms.

I would totally keep short hair if I were you but maybe get a more feminine cut.  You look super cute with short hair.
  •  

beastinfection

ive been abroad in the uk and france for three weeks so i've been absent from here but i just got back and i got a wig and i got better at applying makeup and i feel pretty lol im not so sure if i look like it but i would like constructive criticism on that :)

pre-everything
imgur.com/uGfuCyX

CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE IMAGES SHOW UP RIGHT IN MY POST...
  •  

Missy D

Quote from: beastinfection on August 28, 2015, 10:08:49 PM
ive been abroad in the uk and france for three weeks so i've been absent from here but i just got back and i got a wig and i got better at applying makeup and i feel pretty lol im not so sure if i look like it but i would like constructive criticism on that :)

pre-everything
imgur.com/uGfuCyX

CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE IMAGES SHOW UP RIGHT IN MY POST...

I like the make-up you've done, really, especially your eyes. Buuut.... You can hardly see it because of those glasses!!! I know that shape is almost current in some places, but the frames are far too thick and severe for you. They really need to go, sorry honey  :-* If they're actual glasses you could replace them with thinner frames or a flatter design. We've got similar (slightly) shaped faces and they don't carry big glasses well. Longer faces possibly, but not round ones.

It's great you have got a rounded face, because it looks so feminine, and it's easier to visit an optician than a plastic surgeon. And so much cheaper  ;) I know it's the whole geek fashion thing, but for me it just doesn't suit. Maybe even try frameless or something.

Secondly, not sure where you are in the world, but having just visited the UK you'll have seen that eyebrows need to be arched. Yours are a little flat.

That's about it!! The rest of it really does work for you  :) And wouldn't it be nice to be able to see the make-up you spent so long doing??
"Melissa makes sense!" - my friend
  •  

beastinfection

Quote from: Missy D on August 29, 2015, 01:31:43 AM
I like the make-up you've done, really, especially your eyes. Buuut.... You can hardly see it because of those glasses!!! I know that shape is almost current in some places, but the frames are far too thick and severe for you. They really need to go, sorry honey  :-* If they're actual glasses you could replace them with thinner frames or a flatter design. We've got similar (slightly) shaped faces and they don't carry big glasses well. Longer faces possibly, but not round ones.

It's great you have got a rounded face, because it looks so feminine, and it's easier to visit an optician than a plastic surgeon. And so much cheaper  ;) I know it's the whole geek fashion thing, but for me it just doesn't suit. Maybe even try frameless or something.

Secondly, not sure where you are in the world, but having just visited the UK you'll have seen that eyebrows need to be arched. Yours are a little flat.

That's about it!! The rest of it really does work for you  :) And wouldn't it be nice to be able to see the make-up you spent so long doing??

thank you for the honesty lol

my glasses are real and i need them to see and i really like them so i hope that's just preference. i didn't get them to follow fashion trends; i picked them out years ago when i was really into buddy holly and have just stuck with them since. i think they frame my face well plus they give me something to hide behind. however, i have thought about getting a pair of more feminine frames but that's hard when i need a prescription and money and confidence. i really like my current ones though. it's more retro than geek to me.

as for the eyebrows, i know the thing is to have them curved and arched and thin, but i really really like strong thick pointed-at-the-end ones. that's just preference too. i think the way I do my eyebrows is still distinctly feminine.

i've grown to appreciate my face lately though so thank you :) i used to hate how i looked without my glasses but the makeup has really been a confidence boost. i'm definitely going to look into a second pair of glasses
  •  

Lizandri Roth

•  

Lizandri Roth

Quote from: archlord on August 28, 2015, 02:55:24 PM
           Thank you , still thinking if i should transition
What do you mean 'still thinking'?  Having doubts about changing or just about starting HRT?
  •