Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieB

:)   I feel I am one of the luckiest persons alive.  I am older Transgender MTF Woman who has been public for just a little over a year.  By that, I mean that I have continually dressed every day as my true female self.
As is everyone, I was scared to death to be seen dressed.  Sure, for years and years, I had enjoyed dressing in private for myself and even my wife.  Halloween was my blessed day that I could celebrate and be dressed as I truly felt anywhere and everywhere.
I started HRT just 10 months ago.  I was so happy!  I was finally taking action to be me.  I was also lucky in that for me the Estrogen and the Finasteride began causing physical changes early. 
I now have wider hips, a nicer butt, developing breasts, softening skin, and even some facial changes.

Here's what happened 4 days ago that makes me so happy.  I was at a Walmart to cash a small check. When I got to the clerk and presented the check and my I.D.(not changed yet), the clerk said Maam, I can't cash it because "James" was the only person who could cash the check.  I explained that I am transgender. She called over another clerk and both of them were really unsure.  They finally said that with all of my other I.D. they would cash the check.
Then both of them asked me how many years I have been transitioning.  Both said they could hardly believe that I was "once a man."   They said they were amazed at meeting such an attractive woman who wasn't always one.  I reminded them that to me, "I have always been a female.  Now everyone can see that in me."

Jamie
  •  

archlord

Quote from: JamieB on October 06, 2015, 06:53:31 PM
:)   I feel I am one of the luckiest persons alive.  I am older Transgender MTF Woman who has been public for just a little over a year.  By that, I mean that I have continually dressed every day as my true female self.
As is everyone, I was scared to death to be seen dressed.  Sure, for years and years, I had enjoyed dressing in private for myself and even my wife.  Halloween was my blessed day that I could celebrate and be dressed as I truly felt anywhere and everywhere.
I started HRT just 10 months ago.  I was so happy!  I was finally taking action to be me.  I was also lucky in that for me the Estrogen and the Finasteride began causing physical changes early. 
I now have wider hips, a nicer butt, developing breasts, softening skin, and even some facial changes.

Here's what happened 4 days ago that makes me so happy.  I was at a Walmart to cash a small check. When I got to the clerk and presented the check and my I.D.(not changed yet), the clerk said Maam, I can't cash it because "James" was the only person who could cash the check.  I explained that I am transgender. She called over another clerk and both of them were really unsure.  They finally said that with all of my other I.D. they would cash the check.
Then both of them asked me how many years I have been transitioning.  Both said they could hardly believe that I was "once a man."   They said they were amazed at meeting such an attractive woman who wasn't always one.  I reminded them that to me, "I have always been a female.  Now everyone can see that in me."

Jamie

Nice, happy that everything is fine for you :)
  •  

Yenneffer

Hugs I love you brothers and sisters just forgive this confused girl
  •  

Mariah

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Luna Star

Luna, the poet and the digital artist.

Pleased to meet you ;)
  •  

Pinkkatie

I'm 18 months into HRT and I don't pass as good as you do, Jennifer.

•  

JamieB

I want to share pictures of my transitioning, but can't figure out how to do it.  I can't even figure out how to post a pic for this site.
Unless someone is so kind as to help, I think I will just wander around until I find it.
Jamie
  •  

JamieB

Since you learned how to post pictures, perhaps you would give me advice.  I can't figure it out.
Jamie
  •  

Punzie

Quote from: JamieB on October 07, 2015, 11:36:49 PM
I want to share pictures of my transitioning, but can't figure out how to do it.  I can't even figure out how to post a pic for this site.
Unless someone is so kind as to help, I think I will just wander around until I find it.
Jamie

You can use an image uploader such as Imgur to upload your picture from your computer. You can then right click the image and paste the image url in a post and put [img'] [/img'] around it (without the ' ) for it to show up.

Hope your transition is going well so far!
My Journey
9/1/2015 Fully accepted myself as Transgender
9/24/2015 First Therapy Session with Therapist
9/25/2015 Joined Susan's Place
2/?/2016 ~ Hopefully starting HRT!
  •  

yokosoko

I recently had the chance on a trip to not only dress up but also have a makeover and shoot done! After the shoot I opted to go out for a few drinks and spent the next day entirely en-femme. I have no idea if I passed. I was in Japan, so i'm not sure if people were being excruciatingly nice, or that they're just used to a little weirdness in the areas I was shopping in.

During the day, I got new glasses & new hair! I want to know what you guys think for the styles and if I passed... I'm pre-everything btw. Previous advice i've gotten has been to hide my brow, which i've attempted to do with my hair. Although I could probably do some better contouring too. I'm planning to get laser & my ears pierced soon, but if there's anything else I can do to easily improve...please let me know!

This is me the night before after the shoot. I only had short hair on me at the time, and this outfit. Makeup was done profesionally

Next day! Trying some longer hair. Makeup was done by me

This is me in the elevator ready to go out  and nervous as hell!

I spent most of my time walking and looking at my phone...too scared to make eye contact xD

This is a close up a few hours into my day

These are some new glasses! (i hope they help!)

This is some new hair! I tried red hair at the shoot and loved it...so had to get my own. what do you think?

another shot of the new glasses & hair

and another

This is at the end of the day having dinner. How do I look? Did I last throughout the day?

and another.
  •  

Dena

I vote for the short hair. The long hair draws your face out where as the short hair rounds it out. I think in short hair you pass well
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Punzie

Quote from: yokosoko on October 08, 2015, 12:04:46 AM
I recently had the chance on a trip to not only dress up but also have a makeover and shoot done! After the shoot I opted to go out for a few drinks and spent the next day entirely en-femme. I have no idea if I passed. I was in Japan, so i'm not sure if people were being excruciatingly nice, or that they're just used to a little weirdness in the areas I was shopping in.

During the day, I got new glasses & new hair! I want to know what you guys think for the styles and if I passed... I'm pre-everything btw. Previous advice i've gotten has been to hide my brow, which i've attempted to do with my hair. Although I could probably do some better contouring too. I'm planning to get laser & my ears pierced soon, but if there's anything else I can do to easily improve...please let me know!

This is me the night before after the shoot. I only had short hair on me at the time, and this outfit. Makeup was done profesionally

I think you pass the best with the short hair since it compliments your face really well. You have a nice sense of fashion and you're so brave to go out shopping en-femme for an entire day in Japan!

As for tips, I think the hair choices you had were a bit too light a shade if you're going for a more natural look. I think a darker brown/black hair color would look really well, especially with those glasses because the darker hair would make your pretty glasses stand out more, bringing attention to your eyes and not the brows. Your eyebrows could really benefit if you styled and thinned them out a bit. It could make a significant difference! There is no need to hide them with bangs.

Overall, I think you look really kawaii and are doing wonderful especially since you're still pre-everything. Hope Japan was amazing! I'm jelly lol ^^
My Journey
9/1/2015 Fully accepted myself as Transgender
9/24/2015 First Therapy Session with Therapist
9/25/2015 Joined Susan's Place
2/?/2016 ~ Hopefully starting HRT!
  •  

yokosoko

wow thank you! Yeah I didnt have time to get my eyebrows how i normally like them. I use an eyebrow shaver instead of plucking so they grow back really fast (I get so many pimples if I pluck :( and it still grows back quickly!)

What did you think of the red hair? And which glasses did you prefer? The blue or the pink?

Here are some pictures from the shoot, I think the brown hair I used here suits me best, but when I went out and bought it I had it styled in the same way and it..may have been overkill for use in the day xD. I also included the red hair I used in the shoot, but I wasnt able to get the same shade...but I loved the style so i settled for a lighter shade.

All in all which are your favorite pics from the last set, so I can skew more in that direction in the future?

(i'm including these for reference, but I feel like the makeup, clothes and lighting are too good to be considered pegs for every day kinda stuff...but I did learn a lot!)

P.s. sorry for rambling, i'm ocd about achieving the best i can before any transition stuff but i'm also insanely insecure about appearing femenine >.<)

and yeah - one of the benefits of living in Asia is that...Japan isnt too far away...I just wish I had more chances to go, its so amazing! (and expensive!!! >.<)

Quote from: Punzie on October 08, 2015, 12:15:49 AM
I think you pass the best with the short hair since it compliments your face really well. You have a nice sense of fashion and you're so brave to go out shopping en-femme for an entire day in Japan!

As for tips, I think the hair choices you had were a bit too light a shade if you're going for a more natural look. I think a darker brown/black hair color would look really well, especially with those glasses because the darker hair would make your pretty glasses stand out more, bringing attention to your eyes and not the brows. Your eyebrows could really benefit if you styled and thinned them out a bit. It could make a significant difference! There is no need to hide them with bangs.

Overall, I think you look really kawaii and are doing wonderful especially since you're still pre-everything. Hope Japan was amazing! I'm jelly lol ^^
  •  

yokosoko

Thanks! thats what I thought, but i sometimes opt for longer hair because it helps hide my shoulders.

Which short hair did you like? The first pic? or the red hair at the bottom?

Quote from: Dena on October 08, 2015, 12:13:03 AM
I vote for the short hair. The long hair draws your face out where as the short hair rounds it out. I think in short hair you pass well
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: rukabear on August 07, 2015, 12:45:19 AM
You are quite beautiful.  Very natural looking.   :)

The results are very good. What form of HRT are you on? Over here in the U.K we only get prescribed pills like estrodiol valerate or patches which I don't think are very effective? I believe over there you can get shots? what are the shots called (brand names etc)?
Living in the real world, not a fantasy
  •  

Sydney_NYC

I'm visiting my mom in Florida this week and she wanted to do a makeover on me and here are the results:

I love my mom :)

( Please excuse the shortcomings of my mom's camera usage abilities. )
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

JamieB

Punzie,  Thanks for the advice. I will try that tomorrow. 

Jamie
  •  

Claire

@Sydney_NYC. You look beautiful and I'm sure it's not just the makeover. You must have gotten a lot from your mom. Not just good genes but love. A hug for both of you.

Dori.
Claire.
  •  

Sydney_NYC

Quote from: dori on October 09, 2015, 06:05:51 AM
@Sydney_NYC. You look beautiful and I'm sure it's not just the makeover. You must have gotten a lot from your mom. Not just good genes but love. A hug for both of you.

Dori.

Thank you. My mom had been one of my biggest supporters and we do look a lot a like. She is 67 but looks like she is in her early 50's. I posted that picture on Facebook and everyone in my family couldn't believe how much I look like my mother. One of my conservative aunts was blown away by it and gave wonderful compliments.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•