Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tmh88

So not the best quality photos.... but what do you think? Looking for honest critiques  ;)

First time out, friend did my make up for this one.

No make up post shopping photo. (first time solo shopping, but in guy-mode)

Solo outing and first time I did my own make up. Sorry its so dark! (for some reason this photo doesn't show up on my phone... shows up fine on my computer, but it is the same photo as my avatar  :) )
-Toni-
  •  

Dankster

Long time lurker here (10 years). I'm almost 13 months on hrt, yet I'm still in boymode 100% of the time. I have zero confidence, that when the time comes (dressing in public), that I won't pass. Here's a few pics of me(last two in makeup). What do you guys think? (Besides getting in some girl clothes, what do I need to work on to pass?)                   
                                                  http://i.imgur.com/AahZjP8.jpg
                                                  http://i.imgur.com/tJ1LKPX.jpg
                                                  http://i.imgur.com/gVX3UWC.jpg
                                                  http://i.imgur.com/Zw6m93V.jpg
                                                  http://i.imgur.com/q2yYUyh.jpg
  •  

Ange

Hem. Honnestly ? Can't see anything other than a girl in boy's clothes.

I bet you're getting gendered female all day long, ain't you ? ^^"
Tell me what your definition of "man" and "woman" is, I'll tell you which I am. Not the other way around.
  •  

Sammym

Quote from: Ange on October 27, 2015, 04:09:34 AM
Hem. Honnestly ? Can't see anything other than a girl in boy's clothes.

I bet you're getting gendered female all day long, ain't you ? ^^"

I agree completely
  •  

martine

I concur! With such facial features, I don't see how you could get gendered as a boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Paige

Quote from: Tmh88 on October 26, 2015, 12:26:57 AM
So not the best quality photos.... but what do you think? Looking for honest critiques  ;)

Hi Tmh88,

I think you have a lot of potential.  With a little laser and/or electrolysis, your face would look a lot more feminine.

Take care,
Paige :)
  •  

Catherine Sarah

<
                <
            <
        <
     < < < < < < < < < < <
        <
            <
                <
                    <

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Dena

Catherine, there is no doubt you pass as female. The first time I saw your avatar I though you have always been female.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Roni

Quote from: Tmh88 on October 26, 2015, 12:26:57 AM

First time out, friend did my make up for this one.

No make up post shopping photo. (first time solo shopping, but in guy-mode)

Solo outing and first time I did my own make up. Sorry its so dark! (for some reason this photo doesn't show up on my phone... shows up fine on my computer, but it is the same photo as my avatar  :) )

Love the outfits!

Referring to the first picture here. I think you would pass a lot more if you got a shorter wig! If you look at most cis-women in public, a lot of them don't really have hair that long! Long haired females often draw attention from others in general; your goal is to blend in with other females. A length just a little bit past your shoulders should be long and feminine enough! :)

Like I think you look most passable in your avatar/very last pic. It is probably because your hair looks a lot shorter there.

Good luck darling!
On the wild journey to self-discovery. Free yourself.
  •  

Tmh88

Quote from: Roni on October 27, 2015, 10:09:13 PM
Love the outfits!

Referring to the first picture here. I think you would pass a lot more if you got a shorter wig! If you look at most cis-women in public, a lot of them don't really have hair that long! Long haired females often draw attention from others in general; your goal is to blend in with other females. A length just a little bit past your shoulders should be long and feminine enough! :)

Like I think you look most passable in your avatar/very last pic. It is probably because your hair looks a lot shorter there.

Good luck darling!

Thanks so much for the input Roni! I agree with you about the wig from the first two photos (style and length is too much), it was my first one and a friend purchased it for me (and the dress as well, but I'm really digging it :P). The wig in my avatar pic is the one I have since picked out on my own and plan on wearing. On top of the reasons you mentioned, I think its more 'me' anyways :) Thanks again!
-Toni-
  •  

Roni

Quote from: Tmh88 on October 27, 2015, 10:43:32 PM
Thanks so much for the input Roni! I agree with you about the wig from the first two photos (style and length is too much), it was my first one and a friend purchased it for me (and the dress as well, but I'm really digging it :P). The wig in my avatar pic is the one I have since picked out on my own and plan on wearing. On top of the reasons you mentioned, I think its more 'me' anyways :) Thanks again!

Yay!! Yes I really like your profile pic and the wig you're wearing in it! :) I'm not typically one to wear dresses myself---I'm so glad you have the confidence to rock one though! Get it girl!
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Quote from: Dena on October 27, 2015, 05:49:05 PM
Catherine, there is no doubt you pass as female. The first time I saw your avatar I though you have always been female.

Thank you so much Dena. It appears I always have been. Just took me a while to own up to it. As we do.   ;D ;D

Huggs
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

lemon_ice

Hiya :) I haven't really been around here much lately, life has been so busy! So much has happened, bothe good and bad, but things are starting to work out better and better as time goes on, I still have confidence issues, but I'm trying my best to improve that :)
Well I've been on hormones for almost 18 months now, and this is where I'm at physically... I'm not exactly hot, but I think I'm beginning to semi pass most of the time :) Well here goes... 

ps, are we allowed to post tasteful underwear shots? I'm kinda proud of a couple of them :p
All these years, all these memories, there was you. You pull me through time.
  •  

Roni

Quote from: lemon_ice on October 28, 2015, 01:43:25 AM
Hiya :) I haven't really been around here much lately, life has been so busy! So much has happened, bothe good and bad, but things are starting to work out better and better as time goes on, I still have confidence issues, but I'm trying my best to improve that :)
Well I've been on hormones for almost 18 months now, and this is where I'm at physically... I'm not exactly hot, but I think I'm beginning to semi pass most of the time :) Well here goes... 

ps, are we allowed to post tasteful underwear shots? I'm kinda proud of a couple of them :p

Semi-pass? I think you pass to me!
  •  

•  

kittenpower

Quote from: lemon_ice on October 28, 2015, 01:43:25 AM

You look awesome, and you are hot! :)
  •  

April_TO

I don't see any guy in the picture. Dressing in public doesn't mean dressing up in mini skirt. Try going out in a simple straight cut jeans and some nice andro top w/ cardigan. I swear no one will mis-gender you :)

Stay beautiful xo

Quote from: Dankster on October 27, 2015, 02:18:48 AM
Long time lurker here (10 years). I'm almost 13 months on hrt, yet I'm still in boymode 100% of the time. I have zero confidence, that when the time comes (dressing in public), that I won't pass. Here's a few pics of me(last two in makeup). What do you guys think? (Besides getting in some girl clothes, what do I need to work on to pass?)                   
                                                  http://i.imgur.com/AahZjP8.jpg
                                                  http://i.imgur.com/tJ1LKPX.jpg
                                                  http://i.imgur.com/gVX3UWC.jpg
                                                  http://i.imgur.com/Zw6m93V.jpg
                                                  http://i.imgur.com/q2yYUyh.jpg
Nothing ventured nothing gained
  •  

Roni

Quote from: April_TO on October 28, 2015, 01:53:20 PM
I don't see any guy in the picture. Dressing in public doesn't mean dressing up in mini skirt. Try going out in a simple straight cut jeans and some nice andro top w/ cardigan. I swear no one will mis-gender you :)

Stay beautiful xo

This is true. I drew a lot more attention and got clocked a lot more when I walked around in public in overly-feminine outfits. For those looking to pass, try and dress up like most other women, in skinny jeans and a blouse/tshirt, and you will get clocked a lot less. Cis-women don't walk around town wearing dresses, skirts, and pantyhose unless they are looking for unwanted attention. Even if you DO get clocked still, you will probably be treated with more respect and kindness than if you had been wearing a mini-skirt. You don't come off as "trying too hard" and people will appreciate that a lot more.
  •  

zog

This pic of me was taken accidentally, so it's a pretty natural pose as a result.

I seem to pass, but fairly inconsistently. Maybe I do pass a bit more than not, but I'm not making it easier for myself by being so butch. Posted here for a reality check. Maybe I'm just imagining this passing business?
  •  

lemon_ice

Quote from: Roni on October 28, 2015, 01:51:15 AM
Semi-pass? I think you pass to me!

Aww thank you :D I sort of worry about my face being too big and being 6 foot tall! lol.
I'm working hard on my voice, but I had a camera put down my throat to see why my pitch control and volume weren't great, and they found that one of my vocal cords is damaged (it has like bits missing) and the other one has to compensate which really affects my pitch range :( apparently it can happen with some viral infections.. I'm still trying my best though :) I might look at some surgery eventually.

Quote from: kittenpower on October 28, 2015, 12:19:37 PM
You look awesome, and you are hot! :)

Thank you1! That's really nice of you to say :) You look rather hot yourself by the way! :D <3

Quote from: Ⓥ on October 28, 2015, 02:35:12 AM
GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL

DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200

Um, thanks I think? lol. I think I see what you did there with the Fabulous Thread :p Thanks :)

All these years, all these memories, there was you. You pull me through time.
  •