Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KatelynBG

Honestly, if I didn't know one of you was trans, my assumption would have been that you both were cis. Having to guess one or the other brings a different level of scrutiny to it. You're honestly pretty cute to me.
]
  •  

DolceFragola

Where do I pass? Where do I not pass?
Honest answers please.
  •  

Camryn Chambers

Quote from: DolceFragola on November 18, 2015, 10:33:31 PM

Where do I pass? Where do I not pass?
Honest answers please.
You definitely pass for me in ALL of these, I WOULD recommend some eye shadow tho to really make your eyes pop!
  •  

AbbyKat

So it's been about 2 1/2 months since I last posted.  Here are some fresh shots from my love seat.

My big chin/jaw issue has improved but I don't understand why unless there is far more muscles/fat in the face than I thought that can be affected by HRT.  I'm far more comfortable now but I never have any way of knowing if I'm passing or if people are just being nice.  I'm sure I'm not passing as in "all the time" but there are times where I'm not so sure.  My wife is unable to be objective with me (I totally get that) since she knows me and sees me as a woman, anyway.

I don't know what I'm asking for, really.  I think I just feel like I should document my progress and be a part of the Susan's team, hah!
  •  

Anna33

I've been feeling a little more confident to share pics now hehehe

This is me just now, this sweater, which I was waiting for the longest time, just arrived in the mail so I had to try it on. hehe :D

The truth is, I often like women. I like their unconventionality. I like their completeness. I like their anonymity. - Virginia Woolf
  •  

Hannah Samira

Quote from: clarabrown on November 19, 2015, 03:42:39 PM

This is me just now, this sweater, which I was waiting for the longest time, just arrived in the mail so I had to try it on. hehe :D

Looking good girl!! You dress quite similar to how I would to!! :) x
Twitter: @HannahSamira14
Instagram: @hannah_samira14

:angel:
  •  

Anna33

awww thank you Hannah! Love your name by the way <3
The truth is, I often like women. I like their unconventionality. I like their completeness. I like their anonymity. - Virginia Woolf
  •  

Hannah Samira

Quote from: clarabrown on November 19, 2015, 08:26:50 PM
awww thank you Hannah! Love your name by the way <3

Haha no problem!! And thank you!! :) It took me a while to choose it but I'm happy with it now!! ;) x
Twitter: @HannahSamira14
Instagram: @hannah_samira14

:angel:
  •  

ChiGirl

OK, I guess I'm ready to ask.  I'm 10 weeks into HRT.  I know I've got work to do, lose weight, get the eyebrows done.  But I've been out a few times.  So, do I pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

kelseygal

My name is Jordin, or you can call me Kelsey, whatever floats your boat! Don't be shy to message me if you want to talk, always up for meeting new people :)

•  

kelseygal

Clara, you change your profile pic a lot and I like it :)))) total doll and a PASS

Quote from: clarabrown on November 19, 2015, 03:42:39 PM

My name is Jordin, or you can call me Kelsey, whatever floats your boat! Don't be shy to message me if you want to talk, always up for meeting new people :)

•  

Chrissy1

[/qoute] I'm far more comfortable now but I never have any way of knowing if I'm passing or if people are just being nice. 
[/quote]

I know you don't know me, but I don't sugar coat things period. I feel as if we won't get any better if we are not honest with each other, because in the end that is what we are all here for.
So when I say you pass please believe that! I would not think twice if I passed you in public.
  •  

SashaGrace

Ok, let me try again, am I passing now??

Thanks guys, had a bit of a bad day yesterday being misgendered for the first time in years while I was out wearing this outfit. I dunno, I thought after all this time and effort to feminise and feminise my voice etc that I wouldn't get that anymore. They've put me on new hormones too, doesn't help! Xx

'Yea though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil.' Psalm 23, Verse 4
  •  

ThaliaNyx

Quote from: SashaGrace on November 20, 2015, 04:54:16 AM

I think maybe the problem is your eyebrows, as they seem rather masculine. But if you're presenting as female full-time, it shouldn't be a problem to either pluck your eyebrows or have someone else help you do so. Hope this helps!
Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long, till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
  •  

RachelsMantra

I agree with ThaliaNyx: it's the eyebrows mainly. In combination with the hair color they really stand out.
Started HRT on September 1st, 2015.
  •  

Anna33

Quote from: SashaGrace on November 20, 2015, 04:54:16 AM
Ok, let me try again, am I passing now??
Thanks guys, had a bit of a bad day yesterday being misgendered for the first time in years while I was out wearing this outfit. I dunno, I thought after all this time and effort to feminise and feminise my voice etc that I wouldn't get that anymore. They've put me on new hormones too, doesn't help! Xx

I don't have the heart to tell a girl: you don't pass. Or: you really look like a tg/cd. Truth is: Only very few trans girls can pass as cis-females. You definitely have a lot of potential. Perhaps what you could do is to focus on blending in. Maybe a new hairstyle/makeup/clothing style will be more suitable for that purpose. Big hugs x I can imagine how hard that situation could have been.

Like I said, perhaps sometimes its better to avoid situations like that by blending in instead of trying to pass as a cis woman.
  •  

Anna33

Quote from: kelseygal on November 20, 2015, 12:48:35 AM
Clara, you change your profile pic a lot and I like it :)))) total doll and a PASS

haha thank you, you are as well <3 keep your pics coming xx
  •  

Anna33

Quote from: ChiGirl on November 19, 2015, 10:08:01 PM
OK, I guess I'm ready to ask.  I'm 10 weeks into HRT.  I know I've got work to do, lose weight, get the eyebrows done.  But I've been out a few times.  So, do I pass?

Chigirl: you look like the kind of person i'd run to give a hug to. <3 Not sure if this answers your question but def look like someone friendly, welcoming and warm. You probably get smiled at a lot. I'd say you totally pass.
  •  

SashaGrace

Quote from: ThaliaNyx on November 20, 2015, 08:10:07 AM
I think maybe the problem is your eyebrows, as they seem rather masculine. But if you're presenting as female full-time, it shouldn't be a problem to either pluck your eyebrows or have someone else help you do so. Hope this helps!

My hair is dyed I know, the eyebrows are drawn that colour because after years of over plucking my eyebrows they're a little thin. I've not long started to pluck them again so they are quite red under there so it covers them up. I don't care about not passing really; I'm happy with my look after 5 years of HRT on quite a low dose and I keep thinking about upping it but I don't want to mess with my level mood after spending life getting here.

I'm not a cis girl, I don't want to look like a cis girl. I want to look like me and I'm happy with that. I have to remember I started out in life with poor eyesight and I'm almost totally deaf so I had big jam jar glasses and over ear hearing aids. I haven't done too badly I don't think but it's a lifelong change and ever after all this time I'm still changing.

I dunno, it just got me a little that I was given a male pronoun when it's clear how I'm presenting and I have a feminine voice etc. Never mind, I'll get over it in the end xx
'Yea though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil.' Psalm 23, Verse 4
  •  

Galyo

Quote from: Dena on November 15, 2015, 08:06:11 PM
Seeing you are still in boy mode, there is a lot of work to do. I suggest you stay away from long hair and have a cut with bangs or pulled across your forehead to reduce the length of your face. Makeup will also define your face better because things like your eyebrows and cheeks need to be enhanced. I think you might be able to make it work without relying much on what HRT will or won't do.

I haven't had any internet-time since I moved places... x_x

I have had long hair (chest length) for about 5 years, but I'm not going for that. I think a mid-length (around nose length I suppose) would perhaps work. People already adress me as female in public sometimes, which always fills me with joy. :P
  •