Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Searching Human

Hello, I'm new here and stumbled across this website after doing some research. I'm a male and don't consider myself transgender. I do have a pansexual ideology though. Physically I am attracted to women but emotionally I can get attracted to any gender. Though of transgenders have been happening somewhat recently. I wore eyeliner to work a few times a couple years back and really liked having it on. I sometimes get confused for a girl because of my hair and name and have been asked a few times if I'm trans because of the combination including from my education professor. They act polite about it like they don't want to offend me but it doesn't bother me at all. I have never minded being confused for a girl even though I don't think I look like one. I feel like I do look more feminine than most guys and I act like any other straight guy for the most part. Part of me has started to think about being trans or at least cross dressing but part of me doesn't want to because I've wanted to get into body building even though I haven't had much results in months of training. I have tried on a corset and girls underwear though but I thought it looked weird because I'm just shapeless because how thin I am.

Sorry if I shouldn't post backstory here but I'm new to this and relatively new to forums.

I'm just wondering if I could pass as female if I tried. I really would try make up but I still live with my parents(I'm passed drinking age) and my dad is homophobic. I don't know how the rest of my family feels on the subject though. All but a brother will be gone this Friday/Saturday though so maybe I can try some make up without worrying. Again, sorry for this long post.

•  

Mickie

Quote from: Searching Human on December 15, 2015, 12:58:20 AM
Hello, I'm new here and stumbled across this website after doing some research. I'm a male and don't consider myself transgender. I do have a pansexual ideology though. Physically I am attracted to women but emotionally I can get attracted to any gender. Though of transgenders have been happening somewhat recently. I wore eyeliner to work a few times a couple years back and really liked having it on. I sometimes get confused for a girl because of my hair and name and have been asked a few times if I'm trans because of the combination including from my education professor. They act polite about it like they don't want to offend me but it doesn't bother me at all. I have never minded being confused for a girl even though I don't think I look like one. I feel like I do look more feminine than most guys and I act like any other straight guy for the most part. Part of me has started to think about being trans or at least cross dressing but part of me doesn't want to because I've wanted to get into body building even though I haven't had much results in months of training. I have tried on a corset and girls underwear though but I thought it looked weird because I'm just shapeless because how thin I am.

Sorry if I shouldn't post backstory here but I'm new to this and relatively new to forums.

I'm just wondering if I could pass as female if I tried. I really would try make up but I still live with my parents(I'm passed drinking age) and my dad is homophobic. I don't know how the rest of my family feels on the subject though. All but a brother will be gone this Friday/Saturday though so maybe I can try some make up without worrying. Again, sorry for this long post.

I believe you have what many here would kill for (myself included) which is a very androgynous natural look.

You could perhaps pass as female now, without much! You say yourself you've been misgendered as female in the past. I believe with very very little effort, you'd pass as unmistakably female.

As to how you feel about your gender, many including myself believe that an individual's gender resides on a spectrum rather than the "either or" gender binary. You can slide around In-between them if you so feel. I consider myself a genetic male, but gender fluid. It's also worth noting that gender, physical sex, and sexuality are 3 very different and independent things that are not mutually exclusive to one another.

Welcome to the forums, I hope you find the support you need and the happiness we all strive for :D
Dude, do you even normal?
  •  

Moomin

Wow thank you for such a lovely compliment Splendid!

Searching, I'm going to agree with Mickie's comments. I think you could look very feminine very easily.
Sounds like your in a tricky situation. I was too and ended up being very hurt and have had to completely cut all contact with my homophobic/transphobic family. Whatever you do, make sure you do it as safely as possible. Have you got a friend could trust telling this too and arrange to try makeup, trying on clothes e.t.c. in private? Would your brother be cool if he walked into your room and saw you? Not saying your experience will be anything like mine, and I wish I could tell you everyone will be accepting, but that's not been my experience. You sound a lot like a 17 year old me. Hope I haven't scared you, I just don't want anyone else to go what I've been through if I can help it :) Do feel free to ask me any questions. Sending big cosmic hugs and support.

I'm moving soon and I'm going to have a studio flat just for my art. Thinking I might open it up as a safe place for people to play with their gender and help them with makeup, clothes, jewellery as well.
Don't let anyone ever dull your sparkle!
  •  

Searching Human

I don't think anyone would be comfortable seeing me in women's clothing. My brother probably is slightly homophobic. He doesn't like to talk about the topic. I was going to major in philosophy at one time because I do like to talk about ethics a lot. When I bring up lgbt rights about marriage he always just say that he's fine with them getting married but he stops at that because he doesn't want to talk about it. I would say he's okay with strangers living their lives how they want as long as they aren't around him. I also don't have friends. I have a lot of trouble making any. I've only been over to one person's house for a couple of minutes. One thing I'm planning to do after I graduate and start making money is moving out the country for a while. It's kind of a life re-evaluation thing for me. I want to spend about 2-3 years abroad to try and start all over. If it pick ups I'll stay but if it doesn't I'm coming back to the U.S.

I forgot to mention that when my parents leave this weekend they will be gone at least a week. My brother works 8h shifts as well so I should have plenty of free time. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Also, thank you for the compliments.
  •  

Moomin

If that's the case, how exciting! Have fun and really go for it :) Hope you have a fab time!
Don't let anyone ever dull your sparkle!
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: Searching Human on December 15, 2015, 12:58:20 AM

Are you going for cross dressing, since you're curious at your passing ability?
Passing as female wouldn't be any problems for you. You look feminine at this picture too. You pass now, but you would pass even better with even longer hair.
  •  

Lyndsey

Lyndsey Marie Burke- Started my journey February 2011 Full time on May 5th 2014 HRT June 6th 2014 Name change and on all records and court documents June 20th 2014 SCS October 20th 2015 with Doctor Marci Bowers in Burlingame California I'm a very Happy women and finally living what I should have been living my whole life. Expect the unexpected. I feel Blessed. Love, Live, Be Happy. Be safe.
  •  

April_TO

Nothing ventured nothing gained
  •  

Mariah

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Lyndsey

Lyndsey Marie Burke- Started my journey February 2011 Full time on May 5th 2014 HRT June 6th 2014 Name change and on all records and court documents June 20th 2014 SCS October 20th 2015 with Doctor Marci Bowers in Burlingame California I'm a very Happy women and finally living what I should have been living my whole life. Expect the unexpected. I feel Blessed. Love, Live, Be Happy. Be safe.
  •  

Lyndsey

•  

Searching Human

Quote from: Sebby Michelango on December 15, 2015, 10:57:23 AM
Are you going for cross dressing, since you're curious at your passing ability?
Passing as female wouldn't be any problems for you. You look feminine at this picture too. You pass now, but you would pass even better with even longer hair.

Yeah I was thinking about cross dressing. There is this character I want to cosplay in a convention coming up in a few months.
  •  

Dankster

•  

Jennilyn

Okay, I found the topic that has been weighing very heavily on my mind :/ I'm 2 mos HRT, and I go out sometimes and I feel like everyone is staring at me, as if they "Were on to me" I'm dying for some solid input, unbiased by friends that HAVE to say I'm pretty... Please tell me.. Do I pass? It's okay to be brutally honest, I'll only cry for a short time, I promise..

I would like to go fulltime as soon as possible, since my job and my friends are very accepting of my transition.. I feel very shallow saying this but passing is really important for me and my self esteem :/
Sometimes it feels like life is an uphill race, sometimes it feels like a losing battle, but we need to shine on. No matter who's trying to turn off our light.
  •  

Dankster

Quote from: Jennilyn on December 16, 2015, 03:30:46 AM
Okay, I found the topic that has been weighing very heavily on my mind :/ I'm 2 mos HRT, and I go out sometimes and I feel like everyone is staring at me, as if they "Were on to me" I'm dying for some solid input, unbiased by friends that HAVE to say I'm pretty... Please tell me.. Do I pass? It's okay to be brutally honest, I'll only cry for a short time, I promise..

I would like to go fulltime as soon as possible, since my job and my friends are very accepting of my transition.. I feel very shallow saying this but passing is really important for me and my self esteem :/

I don't think you're passing yet. Work on your makeup game girl. I still consider myself a newb in makeup but I can already tell that yours looks off. Especially the eyeliner. Avoid putting it on the lower eye. It looks tacky and makes your eyes appear smaller. If you haven't already, get a decent concealer, it really helps with the potmarks. Trust me, I've been there. You might want to look into chemical peels for a easy permanent salution. Check out some contouring videos on YouTube aswell, they help. Your brows also need some tinkering with too, they look off from what I can see in these pics. Maybe you might want to thin them out a bit more. Also, if that's your real hair, great, but from the pics it appears that you're wearing a wig and if so, I can tell because your hairline looks off; you might want to consider re-adjusting it. I want to add that 2 months on hrt is nothing. I would say most of the effects don't begin until after the 6th month mark.
  •  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Jennilyn on December 16, 2015, 03:30:46 AM

I dislike the lighting in the first 2 pictures. It makes it difficult to see your makeup.. However, picture #3 has decent lighting. From what I can tell, your skin tone looks very even and you don't present a shadow. I don't see any shiny spots. I would say pass.

Just might look at a couple little things to help the overall look. It looked like your makeup stopped at your jawline. I'd blend more down on your neck. Thinning your eyebrows a bit. They look very neat and we'll groomed, but I think that going a bit thinner (a little goes a long way, so literally splitting hairs here). If you're looking at going out daytime, I'd only line the top lid. Evening time both upper and lower, if I was going dancing.

Those are some difficult angles and odd lighting to judge the look. Most people aren't going to look at you from high angles... most of the time lower or straight on. Make sense?

With all that being said, let me reiterate, looks great - pass.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Jennilyn

Thank you very much for your honest opinions! Dankster, I'd be lying if I said you didn't hurt my feelings a bit lol.. But I appreciate the honesty and the tips!

My makeup skills need a lot of work.. And my eyebrows, I enhanced them using an eyebrow brush and dark brown eyeshadow.. I suppose I can do without that, since both of you have said they need thinned out.. My pitted scars.. Perhaps porefessional by benefit would help me out? I used no primer or moisturizer.. I just slapped a coat of infallible foundation on, and called it good.. I'm guessing I need a very matte finish, with a primer and a full coverage foundation/powder?

The issues I was expecting to be brought up was in fact my acne scars... and my weight.. which I'm happy to see it wasn't on the list! (I've lost 110lbs and that alone has made me feel so much more fem)

And as you said, 2 mos HRT is nothing.. So hopefully I have a lot to look forward to! I'm curious though as to what age you would say I was?

I did, however, have a small glimmer of hope lastnight though!  I stopped into a gas station on the way home for a drink, and the man at the counter said Good evening, Miss. and didn't stare or laugh as I left, like I pictured the confrontation going..
Sometimes it feels like life is an uphill race, sometimes it feels like a losing battle, but we need to shine on. No matter who's trying to turn off our light.
  •  

Jennilyn

Also, thank you, Harley, for your insight.. I'll work on things and try again soon.. and before I change my brows, I'll leave them as is and see if it's any better.
  •  

Harley Quinn

Brows are always a tell tale sign.. I would wait to shape them too much until you're ready for full time. They're a tell tale both ways... I'd keep it in your hip pocket so to speak. They don't grow back very quickly. Lol...

Best tip is always prime and moisturize... make it a makeup application ritual. Concealer, Primer, foundation are 3 things you'll never want to shortcut. Once your base is on, you can go as basic or dramatic as you want. But foundation is very important... If it's good everything else will look 200% better. If it's rushed... everything will look rushed. But you look great!
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Jennilyn

Tysm! I'll for sure work on it and keep you posted!
  •