Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abd789

So Im wanting to put a profile pic on facebook, but have concerns that old acquaintances or even family members may recognize me when Im "suggested" as friends to them by facebook...do you think the "girl" shot would be stealthy enough?
thanks ;)

Maybe having these side by side is unfair...as the before would be from your memory of me

•  

Kimberley Beauregard

Clara Brown and Melanie, you're both very pretty,
- Kim
  •  

V M

Quote from: clarabrown on December 17, 2015, 08:54:01 AM

Please tell me the truth, do I look okay? please don't lie to me, roast me if you have to, id rather hear the truth. Haha

big hugs

Yes, you look great, Is that a left handed guitar?
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: RitaChans on December 18, 2015, 04:55:44 AM
So Im wanting to put a profile pic on facebook, but have concerns that old acquaintances or even family members may recognize me when Im "suggested" as friends to them by facebook...do you think the "girl" shot would be stealthy enough?
thanks ;)

Maybe having these side by side is unfair...as the before would be from your memory of me

I would never guess they at the pictures are the same person. The closest guess I would make is the people at the picture are siblings. Yes, you pass very well. So I think you would live a safe and stealth life. I wouldn't recognize you if I first saw you pre-everything and saw you again later.
  •  

abd789

•  

Hannah Samira

Quote from: Melanie ♡ on December 17, 2015, 10:42:45 PM
I dyed my hair red c: and I stopped self medicating officially, I am now going to a doctor at Fenway Health!

10 Months on Hormones and full time.

You're looking great Melanie!! Big fan of your videos and congratulations on the 10 months on hormones!! :) xx
Twitter: @HannahSamira14
Instagram: @hannah_samira14

:angel:
  •  

Moomin

Stunning piccie Rita, you look fab sweetie! Those pictures look like 2 different people to me, I think you will be fine :)

Your super cute Melanie, gorgeous piccies! Well done on 10 months hrt and going full time!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend xxx
Don't let anyone ever dull your sparkle!
  •  

Lyndsey

I want to change my facebook profile pic and I was thinking about using this pic. This is me, yesterday.

Please tell me the truth, do I look okay? please don't lie to me, roast me if you have to, id rather hear the truth. Haha

big hugs

Honey you are so beautiful Yes you should use that picture.

Hugs lynn
Lyndsey Marie Burke- Started my journey February 2011 Full time on May 5th 2014 HRT June 6th 2014 Name change and on all records and court documents June 20th 2014 SCS October 20th 2015 with Doctor Marci Bowers in Burlingame California I'm a very Happy women and finally living what I should have been living my whole life. Expect the unexpected. I feel Blessed. Love, Live, Be Happy. Be safe.
  •  

Jade_404

Melanie,

Looking great! Although... I have always thought you looked female, I can't remember a picture of you where you didn't look like a girl. You have that natural glow :)

hugs  :-*
-Jade
I've been afraid of changing, cuz I built my life around you.
but time makes you bolder, children get older , I'm getting older too.
  •  

Jade_404

Quote from: RitaChans on December 18, 2015, 04:55:44 AM
thanks ;)

Interesting, I feel like the necklace queues me in a little. Maybe the way it contours your neck? Something about the necklace ... Idk

Otherwise, I would not know that was the same person. Female mode is a bit blurry, so that helps obscurity I think.

Interesting :)

-Jade
  •  

Jade_404

Quote from: RachelsMantra on December 16, 2015, 08:18:54 AM
Do I pass in this picture?

Cute!

I have a nose that is hard to work with. Some angles is great, some is horrible. In this pic I say you pass, and your nose is more fem than mine so,  ;)

-Jade
  •  

Jade_404

Quote from: mickey.megan on December 17, 2015, 01:19:54 PM
you are all beautiful, just want you all to know that I'm jelly a bit!

Happy holidays

*hugs*

I agree!
I'm jelly too.
  •  

Jade_404

I want to change my facebook profile pic and I was thinking about using this pic. This is me, yesterday.

big hugs

Looks nice!

Like others said, maybe too much rosy cheeks.. but you look totally female to me.

-Jade
  •  

Jade_404

Quote from: Angélique LaCava on December 17, 2015, 09:06:54 AM
Took this last night. No makeup on. only been on hormones for 3 weeks. I pass with makeup on, but do I pass without it?

Yeah, without makeup you could pass. WOW only 3 weeks on hormones , thats some powerful stuff  :P
hehe

-Jade
  •  

Jade_404

<— Does my profile pic pass?  *wink wink*

actually thinking bout posting a new real pic, that always makes me nervous tho.

and... I still suck at the makeup thing :(

-Jade
  •  

Jade_404

::)

MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL...

It is very interesting the way we see ourselves and the way others see us. In the mirror your image is flipped, it is not what others see. Most people do not like the way they look in pictures and I think this is why, they are seeing the flipped image they are not used to. Some front facing cameras flip the image like a mirror and can give you a deceiving idea of what you look like. Here I post 3 images, on the left I am flipped, the way I see me in the mirror. Middle is flipped too. I think those look so much better... The image on the right is a duplicate of the first and corrected to the way I look to others. i don't like it. It seems to show my crooked nose and other ugly features better. Is it an illusion?

Note: I have not shaved for 3 days in this photo, I hate shaving... and I am lazy I guess. haha
I have been on HRT for 5 months now, just E.
I have not trimmed my brows in some time.. I know I know.. would totally help.
I need better training on the makeup thing :p (lashes look darker than IRL , must be the light)

Ok , be brutal I guess. I can take it,... maybe. hehe. I am thinking I look much younger than before HRT, but I would need to post b4 photos ... maybe another time.

hugs :-*
-Jade
  •  

Mariah

Jade, you pretty well pointed out what you need to do yourself. You do look young in the pictures. I have nothing to add beyond what you already know. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •